Options

Phil Mitchell's Exit

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
Forum Member
So we all know that Steve is going to be taking a year out - along side with Babs, but how will they write him out for a year, any idea's peeps??

I think that either he could come back from S. Africa, and decide that he wants to be able to spend more time with Ben, and let Ben get to know Lou. So he could go back.

Or he goes on the run after discovering that his new 'girlfriend' kate is an undercover cop. But this wouldn't add up if he is only going to be away for a year.

So I think the S. Africa story would work best. It would make it easier for the script writer's also, with Babs leaving at around the same time for a year.

Any other plausable stories??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what they will do is Similar to Little Mo, but streach it out a little. He will go down for Murder which he may or may not have commited and then he will appeal and by the time it's processed the year will almost be up and he will be released because the way they went about their opperation is entrapment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by M2A1G
    I think what they will do is Similar to Little Mo, but streach it out a little. He will go down for Murder which he may or may not have commited and then he will appeal and by the time it's processed the year will almost be up and he will be released because the way they went about their opperation is entrapment.

Possible yes. And by the sounds of things if this does happen, he could get away with murder!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by M2A1G
    It's not really entrapment though, is it? I thought entrapment was when you got somebody to commit a crime and then arrested them for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by SoapFanatic
    So we all know that Steve is going to be taking a year out - along side with Babs, but how will they write him out for a year, any idea's peeps??
    Perhaps he'll go and join Grant in South America ... as long as he doesn't come back I'm not that bothered! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    IRL the boundaries of enrapment are decided by the judge: Colin Stagg was found not guilty after a policewoman offered sex in return for violent sex fantasies, but Customs & Excise can offer to buy illegal booze & **** from big time smugglers & get a conviction.

It's a good bet that Phil is "entrapped" and subsequently gets off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by SquareEye
    IRL the boundaries of enrapment are decided by the judge: Colin Stagg was found not guilty after a policewoman offered sex in return for violent sex fantasies, but Customs & Excise can offer to buy illegal booze & **** from big time smugglers & get a conviction.

It's a good bet that Phil is "entrapped" and subsequently gets off.
    They sound pretty clear to me - both encouraging people to commit a crime. Does getting somebody to confess to something they have already done count?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dunno, it's all very confusing.
    Plus if he was going to goto jail for a year, and he was to appeal then EE would have to show the whole process, like with Little Mo, and even Deidre from Corrie, surely they just wudnt write him out, into prison, then a year later start the appeal process? It just isnt right, so the only other theory is that he stays in South Africa while everything cools down. And I think he knows that Kate is a copper!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I think he knows that Kate is a copper!!!
    Wouldn't surprise me! We'd find out that he was just leading her on to buy himself time ... As he ALWAYS seems to land on his feet for reasons I don't understand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend told me that steve mcfadden is being replaced by another actor for a year to play phil mitchell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by TOML
    My friend told me that steve mcfadden is being replaced by another actor for a year to play phil mitchell.
    Oh, it would be so crap if they did that! I know they replaced Mark - but there WAS a gap. This will be like what Dallas did with Miss Ellie, where she turned into somebody younger, taller and more attractive for a series and then turned back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by TOML

I can't see them doing that. Viewers don't like it when one actor is replaced, especially if it happens immediatly.
    Yes we have seen others do it, but as the post previous states, there has always been a gap in between actors, plus if Steve is coming back it would be too weird.
  • Options
    manutdfan17manutdfan17 Posts: 2,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing late last year that they would be bringing Kathy Mitchell back,can anyone tell me if this is true or was just a rumour
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I did see somewere that its not true that kathy mitchell will come back to EE
  • Options
    mysterymermaidmysterymermaid Posts: 13,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be great if Phil goes and takes his mom with him, both characters are getting stale and need a break before it gets too bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I thought they were going to resolve the whole Lisa thing soon? Perhaps this paves the way - the police start asking questions again, so Phil goes to south africa whilst it cools down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Matt2002
    I thought they were going to resolve the whole Lisa thing soon? Perhaps this paves the way - the police start asking questions again, so Phil goes to south africa whilst it cools down

Yes, there will be a special episode to show what happened to Lisa. More than one conclusion was recorded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets hope phil has a long break, I think his character needs it!
  • Options
    Lee CoolLee Cool Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets hope he doesnt come back! hes a crap actor and hes no where near as good as grant was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can not even watch ee anymore, I find him soo sickeningaahhhhhh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Lee Cool
    lets hope he doesnt come back! hes a crap actor and hes no where near as good as grant was.

I have to agree. Ross Kemp is much better, and more good looking mmmmmm. But If Steve left forever (I cant spell perminantly lol) then EE wudnt have a bad boy!
  • Options
    PopjocPopjoc Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    But If Steve left forever (I cant spell perminantly lol) then EE wudnt have a bad boy!

You can't spell WOULD N'T either :D
  • Options
    Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOULDN'T

Without the space.

Thanks.

Signed

Ms Pedantic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahhh but it is rumoured that dirty den is not dead!!

He's a very bad boy!!
  • Options
    Lee CoolLee Cool Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den would be old now tho! mind u Phil isnt exactly young! Alfie Moon should become the new bad boy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    den would bring back a son no one knew he had and then theres his two daughters in the square.