Radical anti racist nationalists try to drive Farage out of Scotland

deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/16/nigel-farage-edinburgh-ukip-protests-_n_3286646.html?1368723382

Nigel Farage Protest Turns Ugly In Edinburgh As Ukip Leader Locked In Pub 'For Own Safety'

Nigel Farage had to be locked inside an Edinburgh pub for his own safety after an anti-racism protest against the Ukip leader turned ugly, it has been reported.

Security officials initially sealed Farage inside the Canon Gait pub away from angry demonstrators shouting "Go home!"

He was then bundled into a police van and driven away from the scene, according to reporters at the scene.

Several journalists tweeted that crowds shouted: "Leave Scotland, go back to England!” and "You can stick your Union Jack up your a*se!" as Farage left the building.

Aha, the traditional Scottish warm welcome I presume. It's not like it is in the television commercials. :D
The protest was organised by Radical Independence Edinburgh who called an 'emergency protest' on their Facebook page earlier today. They posted:

"Nigel Farage, UKIP leader, is coming to Edinburgh today to launch UKIP's by-election campaign in Aberdeen. He is going to say that now is the time that UKIP can make a breakthrough in Scotland after their recent local election successes in England.
We need to be there to show the world that Scotland will not tolerate UKIP's politics of racism and bigotry here!

Let's stop UKIP's advance into Scotland before it begins."

I notice Owen Jones re-tweeted that two Edinburgh taxis refused to take Farage as a passenger. Yeah Owen its only the right that are nasty. :rolleyes:

Comments

• David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Own goal.

Farage has a gob on him the size of the Mersey tunnel. When will people learn that the secret to stopping him is not by shutting him up?
  • cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Anti-racist nationalists".

Because of the nationalists are not the biggest anti-English group on this planet of course. The English may not be a race, but pot kettle black comes to mind.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aha, the traditional Scottish warm welcome I presume. It's not like it is in the television commercials. :D

I notice Owen Jones re-tweeted that two Edinburgh taxis refused to take Farage as a passenger. Yeah Owen its only the right that are nasty. :rolleyes:

These people are going far too far. I thought you'd quite admire them for it - you're all for stopping people going to other nations and attempting to force their beliefs on others.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd that the Royal Mile and people being locked in pubs for their own safety occurs twice in one day

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-22554464
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    These people are going far too far. I thought you'd quite admire them for it - you're all for stopping people going to other nations and attempting to force their beliefs on others.

Yes, but until independence were stuck in a single union together and there are SNP MP's in parliament regularly lecturing us on one thing or another or voting on issues that affect only England.

Besides would they do it to someone who was left wing or liberal? Would Miliband find himself locked in a pub with a mob outside.

Final point, not every one in Scotland wants to be in the EU.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say I blame them.
  • ExiledchillerExiledchiller Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the anti racist nationalists can spot a racist when they see one
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    The sooner we get rid of Scotland the better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of Farage or UKIP, but this was disgraceful. I hope they catch the culprits.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised Farage couldn't have claimed sanctuary in the bar of a suburban golf club, his natural haunt.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It's one of those rare occasions where I disagree with both sides.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Can't say I blame them.

So these "activists" support Scottish independence but anyone proposing UK independence is "scum"? Some strange logic there. Surely freedom fighters should stick together? ;)

"Nigel, you're a bawbag, Nigel you're a bawbag, na, na, na, hey!" with gusto. (from http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/may/16/nigel-farage-edinburgh-protesters-van).

Can anyone translate that?
  • jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »

I agree
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Nigel Farage, UKIP leader, is coming to Edinburgh today to launch UKIP's by-election campaign in Aberdeen

This says a lot. It shows he's an out of touch ****. Next time, go to Birmingham to launch a campaign in Brighton. If the arsehole couldn't be bothered to launch his campaign in Aberdeen, it just shows he's the most useless politician in the UK, making even Gove, Osborne and Cameron look in touch.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The by election in Aberdeen will be a test to see if UKIP can build Scottish support.
  • angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    If it was an English pub, Farage would probably have welcomed being locked in, but Scottish pubs are invariably dreadful.

He has my sympathies.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    So these "activists" support Scottish independence but anyone proposing UK independence is "scum"? Some strange logic there. Surely freedom fighters should stick together? ;)

"Nigel, you're a bawbag, Nigel you're a bawbag, na, na, na, hey!" with gusto. (from http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/may/16/nigel-farage-edinburgh-protesters-van).

I purpose either scrotum. Or something about deep fried smack.
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but until independence were stuck in a single union together and there are SNP MP's in parliament regularly lecturing us on one thing or another or voting on issues that affect only England.

Besides would they do it to someone who was left wing or liberal? Would Miliband find himself locked in a pub with a mob outside.

Final point, not every one in Scotland wants to be in the EU.

The SNP mps do not vote on England only matters . But don't let that spoil your rant:rolleyes:
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    I purpose either scrotum. Or something about deep fried smack.

Correct, although it's insulting to scrotums (scrota?)
    [bawbag = ball bag]
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Can't say I blame them.

If you mean the security guys for locking him in, I agree. Saved it getting really ugly maybe.
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »

Surely you mean the sooner Scotland gets rid of the Rest of the UK;)
    And then we won't have to listen to English racists pontificating to us
  • ExiledchillerExiledchiller Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    The by election in Aberdeen will be a test to see if UKIP can build Scottish support.

Looks like there's not much support

When you got an anti racist group objecting to UKIP it kind of tells you all you need to know about UKIP
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »

What is "UK independence"? :confused:
  • AceMcCloudAceMcCloud Posts: 2,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Auld Snody wrote: »
    The SNP mps do not vote on England only matters . But don't let that spoil your rant:rolleyes:

Maybe we are the same person, I was going to post the same thing :D
  • AceMcCloudAceMcCloud Posts: 2,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is "UK independence"? :confused:

Have you not heard, the new routine is that the UK, or any EU country, is not independent