What are you reading at the moment? (Part 4)

Comments

• ReddybookReddybook Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Walking Back To Happiness - Lucy Dillon
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reddybook wrote: »
    Just finished 'The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas' last night, which was the worst possible
    time, as I coulldn't get to sleep, thinking about it. Powerful, sad, atmospheric and utterly heartbreaking.

That one stayed with me for a while too. Very unsettling.
    Reddybook wrote: »
    Walking Back To Happiness - Lucy Dillon

Through her books, Lucy Dillon has turned me into a bit of a dog-lover!

Currently reading Now You See Me by S J Bolton. It's a grisly but gripping crime thriller.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Currently reading Now You See Me by S J Bolton. It's a grisly but gripping crime thriller.

I really liked that one, and I liked the second in the series even more "Dead Scared" Can definitely recommend that one. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Lizzy,
    just bought 'The Expats' by Chris Pavone its only 20p on the Kindle :D:D:D

Yeah thats why I bought it :D

Definitely worth a full price though so far I'd say, although if it HAD been full price I doubt I would have downloaded it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alice's Adventures In Wonderland - Lewis Carroll.
    It was mentioned on a TV programme I was watching the other night and I was curious to try it again, as I never managed to finish it when I was younger,
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Shaun Ryder- Twisting my melon
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started Why Didn't you come for me? By Diane Janes. About a mother who's daughter was abducted as a toddler but never found. The mother receives post and messages about the daughter leading her to believe that she's alive and being taunted by the abductor. I'm not so far into yet but seems good so far!

I have the Expats to read too on my kindled couldn't resist a 20p deal so might read that after!
  • David_QuintonDavid_Quinton Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    The Quarry by Johan Theorin. It's the third book in his Öland series. Looking forward to March when the last one comes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I'm now reading Mockingjay... Have really enjoyed the trilogy so far I just hope it has a good ending!!!
  • dymafidymafi Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished Anthony Weller's "The Land of Later On". A superior ebook but having read Mitch Albom's % people you meet in heaven recently.. this was a ste too far into the afterlife for me. Happy New Year all!
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impossible: The Case Against Lee Harvey Oswald. Volumes 1-3 .

Doesn't come with a free tinfoil hat, but the author has offered $25,000 to anyone who can prove him wrong in his assertion that Oswald was innocent.
  • PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster. A free download for my Kindle. I love this book.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Araminta Hall- Everything and nothing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Witness by Cath Staincliffe - liking it so far.
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been reading Ghost Story by Peter Straub, got about three quarters through and can't be bothered to finish it to be honest. It's highly acclaimed by horror writers and fans, which is why I bought it, but I'm pretty bored and don't really care what happens to anyone in the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started to read a broken family by Kitty Neale but gave up about half way through,i was bored with the characters and just not enjoying the story,i have started to read Saving Grace which is so funny,cant remember who it,s by but it is set in Ireland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BrumBall wrote: »
    Been reading Ghost Story by Peter Straub, got about three quarters through and can't be bothered to finish it to be honest. It's highly acclaimed by horror writers and fans, which is why I bought it, but I'm pretty bored and don't really care what happens to anyone in the end.
    If I remember rightly I gave up on this one as well,is it the one where 3 or 4 men meet up and tell ghost story,s?,the reviews said it was one of the scariest book,s ever,but I didnt think so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris. I'm hooked to the series already, can't wait to get through the rest!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished A streetcat named Bob-James Bowen.

I've just started Broken Silence-Danielle Ramsay.
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The history of world cinema and i am now about 850pages tyhrough it. a dorling kingersley book. i got it for a song in a charity shop for £4 . so far i had it about 5 months now. its very large and heavy and makes a great door stoptoo.
    But the book is great it covers from the 1890s to about 1996.
    One interesting aspect of film was that the early film had the habit of self explodeing and causeing huge fires (this is why so little film still survives) Safety film came out and made things a lot safer.
    its cover the whole world of cinema not just the usa france and the uk..many great films came form the soviet union. and japan.
    It lists the disasters on what films flopped big time. the worse was heavens gate . i believe that film lost more money than any film before and since/
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going Out With Peacocks and Other Poems ~ Ursula K. Le Guin
  • ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    Just finished A streetcat named Bob-James Bowen.

Did you enjoy the book? It's on my list of books that I'm thinking about reading but haven't quite decided yet :)
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Secret of Crickley Hall- James Herbert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojo2008 wrote: »
    The Secret of Crickley Hall- James Herbert
    Oooo havnt read a James Herbert for donkeys years,probably since the Magic Cottage,is it any good up to now ?.
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember rightly I gave up on this one as well,is it the one where 3 or 4 men meet up and tell ghost story,s?,the reviews said it was one of the scariest book,s ever,but I didnt think so.

That's the one. It's gone back on the shelf for now, may try it again later. There are some very good scenes in it, but not scary at all.