Forum Member
    No bullet is humane.

x 4 is less than Humane its deliberate
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClaireCh wrote: »
    restricted by the verdict is my feeling

I agree and I thought he started well about the crime scene, cubicle and four shots. He's got distracted by his emotions. I'm not sure how I could switch from wholeheartedly believing DD and then having to argue sentence on CH either, and argue on a premise that I think is complete BS. I can make the words to "argue" it in my own head but it simply doesn't compute, I start with the word negligence but soon other words take over.

Anyway, Nel needs to go back to the crime scene. He's only been convicted of shooting someone behind the door, not Reeva.
  • MorningCazzMorningCazz Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    They have said next Tuesday. The judge has altered her diary.

Thank you I missed that
  • AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    I think he responded to Roux's mini trial, within the first few minutes he spoke. This is sentencing he said.....

I mean the case law on sentencing brought up by Roux. Such as the man who shot an intruder once as they were opening the door.

He should respond to these aspects and show how they are different to OP's case.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it standard issue to who by whom?

Importance of the Black Talon is it is not just a normal Dum Dum bullet, this and Ranger Type are designed to turn into mini rip saws on hitting soft flesh. When they hit a hard surface like a door, they are designed to go through without changing but enlarge and spread on hitting soft tissue that's why they are called Talon. OP well knew this!

Strange that Nel said quite the opposite about these bullets. Said it was extraordinary that OP used them. But what does he know, he's just a prosecutor in S Africa with 30 years of experience. :confused:
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Is it standard issue to who by whom?

Importance of the Black Talon is it is not just a normal Dum Dum bullet, this and Ranger Type are designed to turn into mini rip saws on hitting soft flesh. When they hit a hard surface like a door, they are designed to go through without changing but enlarge and spread on hitting soft tissue that's why they are called Talon. OP well knew this!

Yes, I think a few of us have pointed out the "standard issue" claim. :p
  • curleys wifecurleys wife Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean_Kelly wrote: »
    So osca just gone through the metal detector which clearly bleeped but allowed to go through, indeed he didn't even stop. He is an arrogant tw.t!

I could be totally wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned by his doctor how his prosthetic legs could set off metal detector alarms at airports. And there are certainly news reports on this happening to him and others with prosthetic limbs. So perhaps he's not such an arrogant tw.t for not responding to the bleep?
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Reeva's mum is beginning to look p*ssed off now.

Roux is saying OP lost all his wealth and has therefore paid enough for his crime.

I bet she is thinking "rather that than lose a daughter!!!"

Disgusting really.

It sounds to me that the selling of his last assets was part of a plan to show how remorseful he was in offering up his very last crumbs to the Steenkamps. Problem for Roux on this, if that money is still in trust (it would have kept Roux and his Team going for a day or so) as earlier indicated, then who is paying for Roux? Well we know the answer and have done since the start. Pistorians are just playing "now you see it now you don't" money games. .... or maybe Roux and Co are all working for nothing for now for por Oscar?
    Forum Member
    Ah the ricochet is coming back to bite OP... thank goodness for that.
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    Did she just call Nel Mr Roux again?!
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, he's back on track !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Nel sounding better now.
    Forum Member
    bookcover wrote: »
    They should have locked him up in the "awaiting trial" wing like the other prisoners, then he wouldn't have to go through all this so called humiliation.

Insulting the press is not going to help OP... They could turn on him big style.

Its not OP's fault it never is .... yes it was the Media!
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent point made by Nel. If OP had the forethought that the bullets might ricochet off him if he fired in a certain way then he had the forethought that firing through the door would kill the person behind it.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    Thank you I missed that

I think it was only said yesterday. But don't hold me to it as it could all change >:(
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    The judge is confused? Hardly a surprise really is it. Roux knows what he is doing and how to play this judge like a puppet

Some may ask? is the real question is she a Hand Puppet?
    Forum Member
    Excellent point made by Nel. If OP had the forethought that the bullets might ricochet off him if he fired in a certain way then he had the forethought that firing through the door would kill the person behind it.

The judge has to jail him.

I am getting so angry now the OP 'acting tears' have finished >:(
    Forum Member
    It sounds to me that the selling of his last assets was part of a plan to show how remorseful he was in offering up his very last crumbs to the Steenkamps. Problem for Roux on this, if that money is still in trust (it would have kept Roux and his Team going for a day or so) as earlier indicated, then who is paying for Roux? Well we know the answer and have done since the start. Pistorians are just playing "now you see it now you don't" money games. .... or maybe Roux and Co are all working for nothing for now for por Oscar?

Just think OP attempted to pay the Steenkamps 1000 rand a month, more then he was paying Roux on a daily basis.

Here take this money, I'm sworry :cry::cry::cry: But I will fight against justice for your daughter for all its worth.
  • Jean_KellyJean_Kelly Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I could be totally wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned by his doctor how his prosthetic legs could set off metal detector alarms at airports. And there are certainly news reports on this happening to him and others with prosthetic limbs. So perhaps he's not such an arrogant tw.t for not responding to the bleep?

Oh yes you are right I forgot about his legs! Still think he is an arrogant tw.t tho!
    Forum Member

With any luck the Judge will have picked up on this important fact, second time round.
    Forum Member
    Aftershow wrote: »
    Roux being allowed more than a couple of minutes to speak on behalf of Pistorius is seemingly too much for some people.

I'm still listening to him. The man has been paid the biggest bucks to get OP of anything so one has to give him all due respect ...... $$$$ = Correct irrespective of truth.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good point made by Nel - OP's victim mentality as in it's all about him.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if OP did not have a gun if he would have gone towards the 'danger'?

I bet he would have run the other way leaving Reeva to deal with it.

Edit. Meaning his fight or flight excuse.
  • AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad he pointed this out!
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anything been mentioned in court about OP phoning his ex g/f on night of murder for 9 minutes. I have not been watching due to illness & wondered if this was even relevant. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.