Issues with my bridesmaids

2»

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I agree. Why not move your wedding forward, if necessary lose all the non essentials and have your dad there, then at a later date have tour original wedding as a vow renewal?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I agree. Why not move your wedding forward, if necessary lose all the non essentials and have your dad there, then at a later date have tour original wedding as a vow renewal?

I like that idea. It makes me feel less sad. I've checked if a conversion is possible and it is so I will have a chat with my fiancé later. Thank you for making me smile.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sad to hear your news OP, I think the idea of having an earlier ceremony with your Dad there is lovely and you could make it a really intimate occasion. You could still go ahead with your planned wedding as well and there is no reason then why you can't share the night before with your partner as he would be your husband!
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your dad, letitiadeanfan. :(

I know a young couple who did the same thing, for the same reason. They brought the wedding forward by a year and had a smaller ceremony. 12 months later, they had a baby girl and Grandad was still around to meet his first grandchild.

That must have been three years ago now, and he's still hanging on. Our family and friends swear it's because he had something to hang on for. Now, he's watching the little girl grow up and he's fighting to keep doing so.

All the best to you all. x
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear your news OP. Do whatever it takes to move your wedding forward, because walking down the aisle with your Dad is a very special moment.
    For what it's worth, my sister moved her wedding forward seven months due to pregnancy, with no financial penalties or major problems. Get on the phone and explain the situation and I'm sure you'll get a sympathetic response.