Florence & the Machine thread of Appreciation

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shake It Out is just to good, is it going to be the lead single? I'm assuming What the Water gave me was a promo.
  • peacelilypeacelily Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this mix up between florence and the bunnymen.

LeeDM101 - Killing Days (Florence & The Machine vs Echo & The Bunnymen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfGTwhM4HQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJames99 wrote: »
    Shake It Out is just to good, is it going to be the lead single? I'm assuming What the Water gave me was a promo.

yeah What The Water was a promotional single for the album for radios/download.

And Shake It Out is the lead single for Ceremonials. Just hope the video is as epic as the song.

It is just so....yeah! Cant put my finger on it but when it has finished playing i feel so refreshed. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh Digital Spy had a preview of 6 songs from the album and it sounds absolutely amazing!

Just cannot wait to hear it.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giving shake it off a try
    I like it. Better than What the water gave me. Slightly more commericial.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giving shake it off a try
    I like it. Better than What the water gave me. Slightly more commericial.

YES little-monster :D

I think it is very INSTANT in sound if that makes sense. The shake it off hook is there and its catchy.

I think it will definitely be a hit in Dog Days scale :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am eager to see how she will do the states. I check the US charts every week and Lungs is still selling in the top 60. Plus the grammy nomination earned her some recognition.

Could she do an Adele/Amy and be as big with album 2? You never know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am eager to see how she will do the states. I check the US charts every week and Lungs is still selling in the top 60. Plus the grammy nomination earned her some recognition.

Could she do an Adele/Amy and be as big with album 2? You never know.

:eek: that would be a dream.

Back To Black and 21 are magnum albums that only happen once in a while, but if Ceremonials was to happen twice in that same year....especially cross the Autumn and Winter periods in sales Florence is well on her way! And she also definitely deserves the recognition :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree she does. I really hope this album is good. I still am not bored of Lungs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree she does. I really hope this album is good. I still am not bored of Lungs.

the album of 2009 has still lived up to today definitely.

TImeless quality! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree

Still amazed at the gorgeousness of the front cover of thew album
    Just looked on amazon and there is a deluxe edition of the album with a second disc. We get a few songs that didn't make the album and a few album tracks done acoustically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree

Still amazed at the gorgeousness of the front cover of thew album
    Just looked on amazon and there is a deluxe edition of the album with a second disc. We get a few songs that didn't make the album and a few album tracks done acoustically.

yes thats the one i am getting :) it is so slick!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the water gave me has grown on me now. I knew i had to give it a chance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the water gave me has grown on me now. I knew i had to give it a chance

it is a song that either hits you immediately or you need to let it grow into your head.i almost know it word for word ive played it so much! :D

Shake It Out was more instant with me however. But both are EPIC :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, Shake it out was more instant
    I am eager for the video of that
    Always loved Florence's videos. Mainly her early ones which were really cheap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Shake it out was more instant
    I am eager for the video of that
    Always loved Florence's videos. Mainly her early ones which were really cheap.

Yeah i cannot wait to see the video for it. Cosmic Love and the original Dog Days Are Over video are my faves! Rabbit Heart is also very dreamlike too and surreal.

Cannot wait for this one :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i cannot wait to see the video for it. Cosmic Love and the original Dog Days Are Over video are my faves! Rabbit Heart is also very dreamlike too and surreal.

Cannot wait for this one :)

I love the cosmic love video, I really wished Howl had a video my favourite song on Lungs. Cant wait for the Shake it out video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJames99 wrote: »
    I love the cosmic love video, I really wished Howl had a video my favourite song on Lungs. Cant wait for the Shake it out video.

Yeah, i loved it when Howl was sued to promote Series 2 of Being Human!

Made me wish it was a release as that is my fave from Lungs too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wanted a Between two lung release. I loved it from her. My top track from the album. Her vocals are wow and it was my big highlight when i saw her do it live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i loved it when Howl was sued to promote Series 2 of Being Human!

Made me wish it was a release as that is my fave from Lungs too!

At last some one who like Howl your have great taste lol, most of my friends who listen to Flo hate it I mean how is that possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wanted a Between two lung release. I loved it from her. My top track from the album. Her vocals are wow and it was my big highlight when i saw her do it live.

You've seen her live i'm so jealous right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was great i must add. She has so many elements of Kate Bush in her performances that it's obvious that woman is a huge influence in her. But she does it in a way where it isn't obvious and not like Tribute act to her. I was in awe watching, especially as i have a soft spot for Kate Bush as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great i must add. She has so many elements of Kate Bush in her performances that it's obvious that woman is a huge influence in her. But she does it in a way where it isn't obvious and not like Tribute act to her. I was in awe watching, especially as i have a soft spot for Kate Bush as well.

Kate Bush influences LIFE basically :cool: I mean DAMN! Kate is still THE British artist for me!

Flo is so heavily influenced, what i love is both have that UNearthly energy, But Flo is more Folk, Erethral and Macabre....Kate is always descriptive and progressive art and rock!

But Flo is out of all female artists "contemporary" right now THE one for me definitely!

And how can none like Howl??? :eek:

And Between Two Lungs is amazing agreed, i love the whole album bar Kiss With A FIst really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Florence is very contemporary and i think Critics with have a sense of relief when she uneveils Album 2 because although she has that good voice, her voice isn't her key market strategy at all. It's her image and the way that transcends into her music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Florence is very contemporary and i think Critics with have a sense of relief when she uneveils Album 2 because although she has that good voice, her voice isn't her key market strategy at all. It's her image and the way that transcends into her music.

That is true, she is kinda the Anti-gaga in that respect too. Like strong vocals and a marketable image too. But its like the music reflects image, reflects voice, reflects direction :cool:

Ceremonials is gonna be EPIC!