*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Even more anti-BTWB protests happening. *smh*

Where now?
  • x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    Woooo! :) having a bottle of wine to celebrate ;)

toanythingtaboo - cannot believe those stats, that really puts everything into perspective. She'll easily gross $300 million I would have thought. I'd be very surprised if she didn't, I mean I don't think it's possible for that not to happen!!

Lol a bottle of Champagne more like! :p;):):D
    Forum Member
    Even more anti-BTWB protests happening. *smh*

Oh jeez hehe! :rolleyes: :p;):):D
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Where now?

Yeah where now??? :confused: Hehe! :p;):):D
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it normal that tours are protested against? I don't really know about any of this but I can't imagine that Gaga is the first? Surely Madonna, Britney et al must have had some difficulty over the years?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I don't know about Britney, but Madonna definitely faced controversy and protests.

It's not normal though. It takes a certain type of megastar to be culturally relevant enough in obscure countries for their arrival - and anticipation of their arrival - to have such exposure in order to alert protestors, let alone be notoriously controversial enough to piss people off so much.

Katy Perry, for instance, performed in Indonesia...but seemingly went unnoticed.
    Forum Member
    Is it normal that tours are protested against? I don't really know about any of this but I can't imagine that Gaga is the first? Surely Madonna, Britney et al must have had some difficulty over the years?

Yeah I doubt Gaga is the first??? :confused: Hehe! :p;):):D
    I don't know about Britney, but Madonna definitely faced controversy and protests.

It's not normal though. It takes a certain type of megastar to be culturally relevant enough in obscure countries for their arrival - and anticipation of their arrival - to have such exposure in order to alert protestors, let alone be notoriously controversial enough to piss people off so much.

Katy Perry, for instance, performed in Indonesia...but seemingly went unnoticed.

Yeah I don't think it's normal either??? :confused::p;):):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok I see, that would make sense though in terms of it being a certain calibre of megastar rather than just every pop show that comes into town.

I can imagine it's a double edged sword situation as on the one hand it asserts your cultural impact if there's protests and attention before you even arrive to perform but at the same time if shows are forced to be cancelled because of this, that is obviously a huge disappointment for all involved.
    Forum Member
    Someone edited my last 2 posts, why???:confused::p;):):D
    Forum Member
    Ok I see, that would make sense though in terms of it being a certain calibre of megastar rather than just every pop show that comes into town.

I can imagine it's a double edged sword situation as on the one hand it asserts your cultural impact if there's protests and attention before you even arrive to perform but at the same time if shows are forced to be cancelled because of this, that is obviously a huge disappointment for all involved.

Yeah I can imagine it's that situation too hehe! :p;):):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Yay part 11 :)
    Forum Member
    kazozh5 wrote: »
    Yay part 11 :)

Yay for 'Part 11' hehe! :p;):):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    Someone edited my last 2 posts, why???:confused::p;):):D

What do you mean? Did they change what you said?
    Forum Member
    What do you mean? Did they change what you said?

I replied to yourself & toanythingtaboo separately & they put it as like I did it in one post but I did it separate???:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    I replied to yourself & toanythingtaboo separately & they put it as like I did it in one post but I did it separate???:confused:

Hmm weird... They havent done it with any of the others though right? Maybe it was a technic glitch?
    Forum Member
    Hmm weird... They havent done it with any of the others though right? Maybe it was a technic glitch?

Exactly hun hehe...how is it different to all my other posts?!?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member

Yeah. I mean, there's probably part of her that's thinking "I don't give a damn, I love it when you're mad", and enjoying the controversy because she's said herself that you've "got to hit the nerve"...but she'll be upset that she'll disappoint 45k fans and likely angry over being told what she can and can't do. Not something she's familiar with these days, I dare say.

I imagine she'll make it happen, no matter what. I've read that money talks over there, so they could "donate" to the government to help the issue along. I think not wanting to disappoint fans and cave into bullying will trump her pride/pocket.
    Forum Member
    Yeah. I mean, there's probably part of her that's thinking "I don't give a damn, I love it when you're mad", and enjoying the controversy because she's said herself that you've "got to hit the nerve"...but she'll be upset that she'll disappoint 45k fans and likely angry over being told what she can and can't do. Not something she's familiar with these days, I dare say.

I imagine she'll make it happen, no matter what. I've read that money talks over there, so they could "donate" to the government to help the issue along. I think not wanting to disappoint fans and cave into bullying will trump her pride/pocket.

Yeah I reckon she'll do all she can to make it happen hehe! Bless her lol! <3 Also I'm really surprised that there's still no news on US Dates?!?! :confused::p;):):D
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I may have missed it but I'm not aware of her or any of the people around her saying anything about the cancellation yet.

It could be they are just keeping a diplomatic silence or as you say things could be going on in the background to get it put on again.

It doesnt look good for a government to give in to threats through no matter where they come from
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    I may have missed it but I'm not aware of her or any of the people around her saying anything about the cancellation yet.

It could be they are just keeping a diplomatic silence or as you say things could be going on in the background to get it put on again.

It doesnt look good for a government to give in to threats through no matter where they come from

Yeah that's true there's been nothing official announced yet!
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time will tellll
    Forum Member
    Time will tellll

Yeah it will do hehe! :p;):):D
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beautiful in my way :p