The Sanatorium (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Morning Kay :)

As opposed to guys like Andy Murray, who may not be very PR savvy (though he's improving) but who have actually worked hard and achieved something...the real deal don't need to be in CBB, do they?

Mini-rant over :rolleyes:

Morning all :) It's a lovely sunny day here :cool:

Lovely sunny day here too - even had the windows open to let some fresh air in. :)

Totally agree about Andy Murray! And glad to see that some of the Olympians are getting a crack at things like Strictly and the ice dancing. :)

Can't wait for the tennis tomorrow! What a change in Murray since he won the Olympic Gold Medal! I thought this match with Roger Federer was so good - he actually kept his cool and didn't get dispirited, just kept on getting back on top. Lovely to watch. I remember a time when Federer himself used to lose it on court but maturity is a wonderful thing - and how it benefited his tennis!
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kfb wrote: »
    Going to see Les Mis on Saturday at the Curzon Cinema in Clevedon, one of the oldest cinemas in the country run by volunteers. With a lovely red curtain - and nice ladies selling cups of tea and biscuits and ice creams and popcorn at normal shop prices. When I went to the Hippodrome after Christmas to see the ballet, I was shocked that you could now buy sealed plastic glasses of wine to take into the auditorium.
    What's happened to just sitting quietly and watching something without fiddling about with stuff.

:p As you can see, grumpy old woman is on the march today. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I just wanted to add that I'm sad that Blockbusters went into administration because I use them regularly to catch up with films I missed in the cinema - and ours always had a very good selection of foreign films which never came anywhere near the local cinema screens. I'm hoping our local store won't be affected.

I don't want to be tied into a contact with anybody like lovefilm or netflix - actually I don't even know how they operate :confused: Do they send you DVDs through the post? Because if you have to do it online, I am not going to sit around watching stuff on a computer screen, and we tried screening stuff through my daughter's laptop onto the TV when she was here, and it kept stalling while it was loading. I guess if that's the way it works, I'll have to wait even longer until DVDs come out in the amazon bargain boxes or onto the TV anyway - and that would be terrestrial TV - none of this Sky rubbish. :mad:

See - looks like grumpy old woman is here to stay for the afternoon - day - week - month ;):D
    Blockbusters, like our HMV, are remaining open for now, at least here in Bath.

Lovefilm and Netflix - as far as I know - can be watched through your TV. Go to their websites, should explain it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the pilot of The Following - the new TV series starring Kevin Bacon. Gory but I think I'm going to enjoy it.
  • Options
    irishlaurelsirishlaurels Posts: 23,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's freezing, wet, windy, dull.....not a happy bunny:(:cry::(:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's freezing, wet, windy, dull.....not a happy bunny:(:cry::(:mad:
    Been fairly sunny here.

It's funny, here in the city yesterday was just damp and miserable, not too cold. Drove up to Sainsburys next to Laura's school, on the top of on of the Bath hills, and up there it was windy, freezing, and still covered in deep snow and ice.

It's amazing how the hills surrounding Bath keep the city warmer and protected whilst having completely different weather at the top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Been fairly sunny here.

It's funny, here in the city yesterday was just damp and miserable, not too cold. Drove up to Sainsburys next to Laura's school, on the top of on of the Bath hills, and up there it was windy, freezing, and still covered in deep snow and ice.

It's amazing how the hills surrounding Bath keep the city warmer and protected whilst having completely different weather at the top.

Wish there were some hills here then;)

Have I missed your birthday Ali:eek:
  • Options
    nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I missed your birthday Ali:eek:

I hope not:eek: because if you did I have too:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not:eek: because if you did I have too:eek:

Ooooops...bad girls;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop right there, girls!

Ali's birthday is on Monday - it's a biggie too ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop right there, girls!

Ali's birthday is on Monday - it's a biggie too ;):D

Phew....thanks Kay:) How are you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just reading in the paper about needle between Murray and Federer.
    Anyone know what that's all about?
    I thought Murray was making weird faces at one point - s if to say, take that! - when he was 3-0 up. But that's not normally Murray's style - nor anyone in tennis.
    It says in the paper that Federer swore at Murray very rudely at some point. That's not like him at all.

I'm sure it's hurt Federer that Murray beat him to the Gold Medal at Wimbledon - he'd made no secret that he desperately wanted to win that Gold Medal.
    I'm glad Murray beat Federer because a journalist in a New York newspaper who is friends with Federer said that Murray was rubbish and could never beat Federer in big matches when it mattered. Lendl is amazing because he's helped Murray overcome those personal traits that always let him down before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew....thanks Kay:) How are you

You didn't think your trusty birthday reminder would let you down, did you? Especially with Ali's birthday!

Hi Eileen. How are you?
    I'm ok - just wishing I could get my retirement back! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't think your trusty birthday reminder would let you down, did you? Especially with Ali's birthday!

Hi Eileen. How are you?
    I'm ok - just wishing I could get my retirement back! :cool:

You'll have to get your old job back.....you had more time then;) Never mind, try and cram it all in now then have the summer off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Murray was making weird faces at one point - s if to say, take that! - when he was 3-0 up. But that's not normally Murray's style - nor anyone in tennis.
    It says in the paper that Federer swore at Murray very rudely at some point. That's not like him at all.

I'm sure it's hurt Federer that Murray beat him to the Gold Medal at Wimbledon - he'd made no secret that he desperately wanted to win that Gold Medal.
    I'm glad Murray beat Federer because a journalist in a New York newspaper who is friends with Federer said that Murray was rubbish and could never beat Federer in big matches when it mattered. Lendl is amazing because he's helped Murray overcome those personal traits that always let him down before.

I don't really follow the tennis, so can't help you there...sorry.
  • Options
    nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop right there, girls!

Ali's birthday is on Monday - it's a biggie too
    Ok Monday Monday Monday Monday and a big one, she will be 30:D nice:p

i have no clue don't watch tennis

CS story that happend this week

had to go to the tax institute for a form with my dad. Since I did not know under which letter do you have a Association dad / daughter I asked a lady that worked threre. And she said naturally C:)

unmarried partner. :eek:

I did not know if I should be :eek::mad::( or die from:D
    When I told her she was wrong because his my dad
    the look on her face and the collor off it was priceless:D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok Monday Monday Monday Monday and a big one, she will be 30:D nice

i have no clue don't watch tennis

CS story that happend this week

had to go to the tax institute for a form with my dad. Since I did not know under which letter do you have a Association dad / daughter I asked a lady that worked threre. And she said naturally C

unmarried partner. :eek:

I did not know if I should be :eek::mad::( or die from:D)
    When I told her she was wrong because his my dad
    the look on her face and the collor off it was priceless:o

Oh CS! LOL
    Wonder what your dad thought ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok Monday Monday Monday Monday and a big one, she will be 30:D nice:p
    That's right :D;) good guess :p
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    :D:):DHAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI :D:):D

Hope you have a great day! ;) :cool:

(And that I've got the right day!)

Love, Lindy xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:pHAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI :p:D

Hope you have a good day. Sorry I can't be over for us to celebrate but I'll be thinking of you in beautiful Brum :p

A couple of songs to help you through the day from someone I think you might like - just a little!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq4B_zHqPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

And maybe a couple more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTGyOKdgRN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBjKa8KcW0

Happy Birthday Ali xxxxx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-28jAoTPFw
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    ✫ ✫ ✫.
    `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
    ..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
    ☻/ღ˚ •。♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
    /▌*˛˚ ░ ░Happy 50th Birthday Ali * °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
    / \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*
    ♪ღ♪░H░A░P░P░Y 50th░ B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y Ali░░♪ღ♪
    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Happy birthday Ali

have a good one, Ill be around later.

love m ..xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    :D:)HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI :):D

Hope you have a great day!

(And that I've got the right day!)

Love, Lindy xxx
    :D:pHAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI :p:D

Hope you have a good day. Sorry I can't be over for us to celebrate but I'll be thinking of you in beautiful Brum

A couple of songs to help you through the day from someone I think you might like - just a little!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq4B_zHqPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

And maybe a couple more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTGyOKdgRN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBjKa8KcW0

Happy Birthday Ali xxxxx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-28jAoTPFw
    Thank you. All the commercial songs, but you get a reprieve for choosing Scenes from an Italian Restuarant, my fave BJ song :D
    augusta92 wrote: »
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*
    ♪ღ♪░H░A░P░P░Y 50th░ B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y Ali░░♪ღ♪
    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«
    augusta92 wrote: »
    Happy birthday Ali

have a good one, Ill be around later.

love m ..xxx
    Thank you all ladies. Half a century is a pretty depressing number lol.

As that song that Kay posted above says 'You did not accomplish much, but you didn't die this year I guess that's good enough' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *******Happy 0th Birthday Ali******

(now which figure will i use.....3 4 5 6) ;)

Hope you have a good one.:)

Eileen xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *******Happy 0th Birthday Ali******

(now which figure will i use.....3 4 5 6) ;)

Hope you have a good one.:)

Eileen xx
    Thanks Eileen :)

I'll go with mentally about 13, physically about 97 :D
This discussion has been closed.