Options

2012 Tour Contestants

124»

Comments

• Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you. That was really informative. My mum likes skating too and I had wondered about taking her. But some posters are hinting that if you get weekday tickets you don't see the main attractions - is that true?

I don't think Matthew is performing on week days due to other commitments, we may get someone else though or maybe an extra pro routine, after all the show needs to be the same length.

I am going on a week day as the Liverpool show is during the day, and my mum found the evening show in Manchester too tiring last year (she's 70) It wasn't helped by the fact that the trains weren't running and we got a replacement bus service which got us home for 1.00 am!

Might be a nice Mother's Day present for your mum!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Louie isn't on the tour, so I presume it'll be the usual Robin, Karen, Biggins and guest judge (well, usual as of last year).
    https://twitter.com/#!/louiespence
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louie isn't on the tour, so I presume it'll be the usual Robin, Karen, Biggins and guest judge (well, usual as of last year).
    https://twitter.com/#!/louiespence

Would be great if Katarina replaced Karen as judge. Sick of her judging altogether!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any possibility of Katarina judging the tour Stig?:) Or has she confirmed shes not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joshNOM wrote: »
    Any possibility of Katarina judging the tour Stig?:) Or has she confirmed shes not?

Not sure, but I doubt it as she'd probably like to be doing other things.
  • Options
    SmithyfanSmithyfan Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I booked to see stars from this years DOI not last years! Wasn't particularly a fan of Sam last year, would rather have seen Sam from this year.

So just who from this year IS on the tour?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Smithyfan wrote: »
    I booked to see stars from this years DOI not last years! Wasn't particularly a fan of Sam last year, would rather have seen Sam from this year.

So just who from this year IS on the tour?

Jorgie, Heidi, Jennifer, Chemmy, Matthew, Chico and Andy - I presume that's enough for you? :p
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam is the only performer not from this year and they always have the previous years champion on the tour which has always been done.

You had Hayley on tour last year for the same reason, Same has happened with Ray, Suzanne and Kyran as well. They have all done the tour the year they won and then the following year as the previous champ.

The last couple of tours are the first where the majority on tour are from the current series most other years have had a bit of a mix. With at least a couple if not more from previous years in the tour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on popularity. Chris Fountain did three tours I presume because people kept voting for him in the competition part of the show. He was almost always in the Bolero skate off. I actually stopped going when he wasn't on the tour anymore but I think that was also down to me not being that keen on the following years contestants. I'm going this year though as there are a few skaters whom I am a fan of. :)