Options

Tips for those going if you get tickets!

Comments

• Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Kelly Homes has got nothing on you then :D

Hey, Usain if you don't mind!! :D
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Coats, brollies, larger bags - all in the cloakroom.

We weren't told that food wasn't allowed, I think its just common sense. You are in there for over 5 hours, you will need some substinance.

I took in some raisins and a breakfast bar, which I ate in the break...so basically don't bring burgers in there! :D The runners handed out a carton of orange juice and a kit kat in the break as everyone was flagging by then! I saw plenty of people munching on breakfast bars in the break before the results show was filmed.

So keep it small and non obtrusive - and drinks - only plastic bottles with a screw top.

Last time I went, I took in a couple of kitkats and some polo mints etc.

I just sort of meant smelly or messy food like sandwiches etc (I know what I meant to say... its just that it didn't come out that way).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Last time I went, I took in a couple of kitkats and some polo mints etc.

I just sort of meant smelly or messy food like sandwiches etc (I know what I meant to say... its just that it didn't come out that way).

I see what you mean.

I always remember years ago, my sister going to a burger bar across the road and taking it into the cinema with her. All you could smell was meat, garlic and onions. I disowned her!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    You both need to wear roses or carry a copy of the Times under your left arm so you can recognise one another. :p

I'm taking it too seriously aren't i? :o

Lol good idea though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hopefully earlier than that.

I'm now leaving at 7 so hopefully I will be there earlier to depending on traffic and knowing where I'm going!
  • Options
    soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a no food rule but last week we saw several people with sandwiches and my daughter said she could hear rustling of packages. Seriously not cool in my opinion, have a big lunch and wait for the sweeties and water in the break, kitkats last week! Unless you're a diabetic I think most can manage to wait a few hours for food! Personally I was so excited to be there I couldn't care less about the food.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soexcited wrote: »
    I thought it was a no food rule but last week we saw several people with sandwiches and my daughter said she could hear rustling of packages. Seriously not cool in my opinion, have a big lunch and wait for the sweeties and water in the break, kitkats last week!

Unless you're a diabetic I think most can manage to wait a few hours for food! Personally I was so excited to be there I couldn't care less about the food.

I didn't see or hear anyone eating until the break, which is fine. But I agree, no-one should be rustling when its filming!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    It seems that they're sending out the successful emails for the 26th today - and I'm really hoping I'm unlucky this time (well, the chances are that I'll be unlucky anyway but... y'know.) I've booked to see something on the night of the 25th, and considering I live a sizeable distance away from Elstree, I don't fancy making that journey in that timeframe!

Anyone from here have any luck, then?
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems that they're sending out the successful emails for the 26th today - and I'm really hoping I'm unlucky this time (well, the chances are that I'll be unlucky anyway but... y'know.) I've booked to see something on the night of the 25th, and considering I live a sizeable distance away from Elstree, I don't fancy making that journey in that timeframe!

Anyone from here have any luck, then?

nope, so far all I have had is "sorry, you have been unsuccessful" emails boo

Im not holding my breath for getting a "yay you have tickets!" email :(
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I didn't see or hear anyone eating until the break, which is fine. But I agree, no-one should be rustling when its filming!

That rules me out then, I'm always having a bit of a rustle lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I got the happy email for the 26th!! Thanks so much everyone for these tips, I will put them to good use. I had to practically move the Earth to get that Saturday off work, but I can definitely say I will be going ^_^

I'm planning on wearing ridiculous shoes (naturally), so I will definitely be taking a fold up chair for the queue - where shall I put it before we go into the studio? Can I hand it in at the cloakroom (and if so, how long will I be standing for in the holding room?), or do I need to leave it in the car?
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I'm always having a bit of a rustle lol

Dirty boy.

Well done Kimberley. :) (not at all jealous)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got the happy email for the 26th!! Thanks so much everyone for these tips, I will put them to good use. I had to practically move the Earth to get that Saturday off work, but I can definitely say I will be going ^_^

I'm planning on wearing ridiculous shoes (naturally), so I will definitely be taking a fold up chair for the queue - where shall I put it before we go into the studio? Can I hand it in at the cloakroom (and if so, how long will I be standing for in the holding room?), or do I need to leave it in the car?

Have popped you a PM with some hints re chairs etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Thank you, Sara. I am replying as we speak.
  • Options
    frell-tasticfrell-tastic Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.

After 11 years of watching and 5 years of applying I have tickets for this Saturday :). Have been reading this thread since I found out and am so thankful for all the hints and tips. Quick question on what to wear. I have gone a bit 'Strictly' and have a 1950s prom style dress to wear, do you think that is a bit much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wonderful - have a glorious time!! :)

Hello.

After 11 years of watching and 5 years of applying I have tickets for this Saturday :). Have been reading this thread since I found out and am so thankful for all the hints and tips. Quick question on what to wear. I have gone a bit 'Strictly' and have a 1950s prom style dress to wear, do you think that is a bit much?

Good God no....this is Strictly. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello.

Have a good time. I hope it doesn't rain while you are queuing in that dress!
  • Options
    frell-tasticfrell-tastic Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Coats and umbrellas at the ready!
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

Hi Sara!! Have sent you a PM :)
  • Options
    soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Hello.

Everyone is glammed up but some more than others. Go for it. You might get moved fwd or get on camera for your efforts. Have a fab time. You will love it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know I haven't had time to do a post from my trip to the studio last week. Been mega busy at work but I promise I will do so (over the weekend).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eagerly awaiting your post SaraV! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the tips here. When I applied for tickets, that was what I thought I was going to get, not the opportunity to queue for hours for the possibility of getting in or being stuck behind the stairs. it wouldn't be worth travelling 200 miles from Devon for the 'privilage'.

So, here is the crux of the matter. I got the email to tell me I have tickets for THIS Saturday on Wednesday afternoon. Too late to sort out accommodation etc so I'm offering them to anybody who wants to PM me by 5pm this afternoon. This is a genuine offer - no strings attached. I will email you the pdf file of the e-tickets and the details of how to get there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Thanks to everyone who's put tips on here, they've been really useful.

I'm going on Saturday so any more tips or info would be appreciated. Never been to Elstree before!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Yes, a big thank you to all who have posted tips on here, they have been really useful.

I am lucky enough to be going next Saturday too (Halloween week, yay!!). Just a couple of questions for those that have been......

Roughly what time has filming ended the last couple of weeks?? And someone mentioned that the exit into the studio had changed since the first couple of weeks - where is the exit now, where is best to wait to be called in??

Thanks again for all your tips so far!