Options

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (8)

Comments

• Options
    PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »

Yeah, I'm right with you. If you're pwned legitimately then fair enough, but constantly being shot around corners and rinsed before you even have time to draw your weapon just takes the p1ss. Sadly, I'm beginning to think that if they seriously knew how to fix the game then they'd have done it by now, hence we may well be stuck with it. Have to say, it's not quite as bad on the 360 as it appears to be on the PS3 so you have my sympathies. It's bad enough for us, must be an absolute blood-boiler for you guys.

Seconded, my experience with the Xbox version is far superior. PS3 version is laughable TBH.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This would be a pretty good game if it wasn't for the hackers on PC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I turned gaming mode off on my internet connection and I have less lag. Worth a go if you're able to freely change that with your ISP.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get in, with a 35ms ping i was only the host that i could tell once this afternoon and thats the most enjoyable the game has been since i bought it in November. I was losing plenty but i felt like i was getting killed fairly, i could actualy see who was doing it etc.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MW3 came through post yesterday as one of my rentals i'm playing the campaign at the moment and doing London and this absolutely stunned me
    when the little girl gets blown up
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    MW3 came through post yesterday as one of my rentals i'm playing the campaign at the moment and doing London and this absolutely stunned me

That stunned just about everybody lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I clearly have no heart, then. But then again I don't care for story and cut scenes, it is made up belloni.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »

I thought it was a pathetic attempt to shock
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    I thought it was a pathetic attempt to shock
    Yes, especially given how long it took to happen.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Didn't find any of it particularly shocking. End of the Paris mission was probably my favourite.
  • Options
    TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats happened to this game? For the last 4 days its been pretty much perfect for me; I've even stopped rage quitting.

To use a moderately offensive term, I've been a rape-factory these last few days.

On top of that, six people have messaged me telling me that I use an aimbot? I didn't know what this was, so youtubed it. I now take the accusation of using an aimbot as a compliment!
    (Those that do use aimbots, are complete douches)

I doubt these spell of good form will last, but it's a fun ride.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok is it just me but who's fed up of being launched into a game to be met with the "You have been defeated screen" it's happened three times in a row this eve.
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok is it just me but who's fed up of being launched into a game to be met with the "You have been defeated screen" it's happened three times in a row this eve.

I get that as well once a while and its so annoying, i hate it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Yes, especially given how long it took to happen.

Yes and the fact there was no context to it, it stunk of "Heres a child you've never seen before in this game.... blowing up soooo dramatic and edgy"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are plenty of unnecessary gratuitous 'shocks'.....
    - The family getting blown up
    - Soap dying
    - The Eiffel Tower being destroyed

There are some decent single player missions, but again for me, it wasn't a patch on the original CoD4 SP. In fact the whole franchise still lives off the glories of that first game. The SP and MP campaigns of both subsequent games haven't met the bar set by the original. IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta say I was playing ground war on pc there was hardly lag, played ground war on ps3 back in the day, experienced a few lag.

Also people in pc don't speak at all which is good unlike console players playing their music, saying all sorts to seek attention
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took an extended break from Call of Duty not long after the launch of MW2, the free weekend of MW3's MP called me back to take a look and play poorly... twice. I was smart enough to start putting it on YouTube :p

only click the links if you're looking for disappointment hosted by a disappointingly uninteresting newcomer to YouTube casting... and MW3.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    How do I get embalms on those 4 little buttons on the bottom right of the calls sign?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ You have to have prestiged once in each of the last 4 CoD games (CoD4, WaW, MW2 and BlOps) - you get an emblem of the prestige rank that you reached on each game.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh is that what he meant? I thought i had missed some sort of Cod funeral parlour DLC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D

Well you never know, Activi$ion will charge for anything these days!

Figured out that it must be Sunday nights when all the ringpieces jump online. Fine all day yesterday, fine all day today, go on tonight and it's just one tvvat lobby after another. QSers, boosters and pr1cks who find the nearest pokey hole and sit in it for the duration of the game. Ringpieces......
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diplomatic, Bester :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its why I tend not to go on on a Sunday night. You also tend to get the homophobic, racist, ignorant dullards coming out to play who like to hurl abuse at all and sundry oh and lets not forget the generic rap music blasting down your headset, I know you can mute them but FFS why??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont get why people hate campers so dam much. Imagine everyone running about and gunning, how would the game feel? Not everyone can riun and gun.

The other day, this racist guy from up north was been so dam rude it was disgusting, accusing my mate of camping.

Everyone has the right to camp, if you dont like them, avoid their line of fire
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ I think it's the extreme end of camping that people have a problem with.

I snipe on about 25% of the maps, and when I do, I hardscope, and I'm fairly stationary. That being the case I'm still trying to play to the objectives though. Normally tends to be defensive around either one or two of the flags. To me, that is acceptable. Even if you're not sniping someone has to defend the flags, it's part of the game afterall. Even says so in the description - "Capture AND defend the flags".

On the other hand, those that cynically find the darkest corner that they can and then wait for someone to randomly run past and shoot them in the back - they deserve a place in the special hell....... :)
This discussion has been closed.