Corrie- Is Kirsty evil or does she have issues?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
Forum Member
I never thought of Kirsty as an evil character; I've always thought that she just has issues. What do you think

Is Kirsty evil or does she just have issues? 144 votes

She is evil!
20% 29 votes
She has issues!
79% 115 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Issues
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both. She is messed up because of her parents and the way they brought her up in a dysfunctional marriage, and she's inherited some of the "evil" in her dad. Dopey David from Heartbeat who would've thought it?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    May I refer you to the work of John Locke and his theories on tabula rasa and it's conclusions on nature vs nurture.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    May I refer you to the work of John Locke and his theories on tabula rasa and it's conclusions on nature vs nurture.

Not the computer game then? ;)

I'm not sure if everyone IS a blank canvas.
    Forum Member
    Not the computer game then? ;)

I'm not sure if everyone IS a blank canvas.

I can think of a few
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am I wrong in thinking that all evil folk have issues? Huge issues maybe Whereas less evil ones like us have little issues.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has issues and her issues have issues.

But she knows she needs help and owes it to herself and her daughter to get that help.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Issues, as she explained to Tirrone, when the writers should have given them both help to sort them out instead of him having an affair with Fizzy.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't just have issues after all she's done. She pure evil!!! But Natalie is great
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Issues, as she explained to Tirrone, when the writers should have given them both help to sort them out instead of him having an affair with Fizzy.

Its not that simple. Have you ever tried to still love someone after they have hit you? Because of her actions she would have destroyed anything that Tyrone felt for her and counselling wouldnt have helped that.
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,443
    Forum Member
    I didn't vote because I think she is both.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Its not that simple. Have you ever tried to still love someone after they have hit you? Because of her actions she would have destroyed anything that Tyrone felt for her and counselling wouldnt have helped that.

I meant a lot more than counselling; she had started to open up to Tirrone, and she could have had a (long) redemption story.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Issues which Corrie should have addressed in a decent manner and shown a resolve... certain plenty of men and women watching with the same issues ...
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am I wrong in thinking that all evil folk have issues? Huge issues maybe Whereas less evil ones like us have little issues.

I suppose the definition of evil is that a person who is evil gets enjoyment out of causing pain or at the least, has no conscience about it. . I suppose you could call that a big issue, but impossible to treat an evil person because they are happy with their evilness.

Kirsty is not evil as she is frightened of what she might do to her baby in a fit of temper. Even what she's doing to Tyrone is in retaliation to the hurt she percieves he's caused her and she has moments of regret,.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not all evil characters have issues. Frank Foster definitely didn't remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose the definition of evil is that a person who is evil gets enjoyment out of causing pain or at the least, has no conscience about it. . I suppose you could call that a big issue, but impossible to treat an evil person because they are happy with their evilness.

Kirsty is not evil as she is frightened of what she might do to her baby in a fit of temper. Even what she's doing to Tyrone is in retaliation to the hurt she percieves he's caused her and she has moments of regret,.

I agree with the bit in bold but although Kirsty has grown up seeing her father abuse her mother, she still chose to lie about Tyrone abusing her when she didn't and she abused him. The way she used the hoover cord and slammed his arm in the door was cold, callous, cruel and calculating. It wasn't like just lashing out with a slap in a moment of temper - as Julie says she is aggressive and her emotional reaction to things is over the top. She may be worried she'd harm her baby but that does not stop her being evil. Karl at least had some consience and is obviously losing his reason. It's entirely different in Kirsty's case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't just have issues after all she's done. She pure evil!!! But Natalie is great
    c0bo wrote: »
    I didn't vote because I think she is both.

I voted evil. I'm surprised so many people voted issues.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    BIB - Speak for yourself!
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aye me too, fair enough getting paranoid talking to other women and lashing out every now and then. But too Regularly batter him and then accuse him too the courts about him battering her, that's just plain pure evil!
  • Chuckster2Chuckster2 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Issues which Corrie should have addressed in a decent manner and shown a resolve... certain plenty of men and women watching with the same issues ...
    This instead they made her more of a psycho and also made Tyrone look unlikebale by going with Fiz and plotting a fake wedding. :rolleyes:

For me that was when this storyline jumped the shark. But I cannot and will not fault Natalie Gumede and Alan Halsall who have been FANTASTIC throughout.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I meant a lot more than counselling; she had started to open up to Tirrone, and she could have had a (long) redemption story.

Maybe but you stil have the problem. In some ways for people like Kirsty its like being an alchoholic or drug addict. You can have counselling but the danger is always there in the background. People on her talk about counselling could have solved things but seriously it doesnt. Its not the physical abuse its the mental abuse abuse also.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too :(
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Maybe but you stil have the problem. In some ways for people like Kirsty its like being an alchoholic or drug addict. You can have counselling but the danger is always there in the background. People on her talk about counselling could have solved things but seriously it doesnt. Its not the physical abuse its the mental abuse abuse also.

But therapy can work. In Kirsty's case they would address her past and how it affect's her present and help her with coping mechanisms so she didn't just keep repeating the same bad actions.

I think people forget that as much misery as someone like Kirsty causes she's not happy herself. She is out of control when she hits out and doesn't actually get any pleasure from it.
    Forum Member
    Spot on Trev. Top post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye me too, fair enough getting paranoid talking to other women and lashing out every now and then. But too Regularly batter him and then accuse him too the courts about him battering her, that's just plain pure evil!

Exactly.