The Apprentice 2012 ( BBC1)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's not a mess like last year with the candidates in the final suggesting other business ideas when Lord Sugar didn't like their main one!
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Pleased to hear it's coming back soon, there have been so many series recently which is nice after it taking an extended break for the election.

I agree the show needed some time away but i can't wait for the new series to start.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If lord sugar left the show would anybody take over the mantle

probably one of the Dragon's Den investors, maybe Jones or Bannatyne
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    probably one of the Dragon's Den investors, maybe Jones or Bannatyne

Bannatyne would be great! :D

"You're a mess! A hopeless mess! And for that reason, I'm ooot! Shit, I mean your fired! Just, get oot!" :cool:
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Branson would probably do it for the publicity and he's got a much wider range of business interests than Sugar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    Branson would probably do it for the publicity and he's got a much wider range of business interests than Sugar.

If Branson said yes could the BBC afford him?
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An investment, so I wonder which of the candidates will come across as leaders (think the women have the advantage in this new format, as the first winner was male).
    Unless we have another Sandalwood cockup....

Oh PLEASE let us have another sandalwood cockup... :D:D
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait my fave reality programme:):cool:
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    Unless we have another Sandalwood cockup....

Oh PLEASE let us have another sandalwood cockup... :D:D

Well, Yasmina was involved there (only boardroom visit for her) and she went on to win it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Can't wait my fave reality programme:):cool:

Not long to wait now i also agree the best reality show
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    woo hoo!! more holier than thou egotistical self-important waste of human flesh on TV! can't wait!

Let's face it, the only reasons we watch the show are to see the arrogant, up themselves yuppies fall flat on their face and in the hope of it all kicking off in the boardroom
    apaul wrote: »

Branson had his own show that was a complete rip-off of The Apprentice but it only lasted for one season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Billionaire:_Branson%27s_Quest_for_the_Best
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Yasmina was involved there (only boardroom visit for her) and she went on to win it ;)
    However, it was the best example of the Explain Explain Oh Crap trope at the time...
  • ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bannatyne would be great! :D

"You're a mess! A hopeless mess! And for that reason, I'm ooot! Shit, I mean your fired! Just, get oot!" :cool:

LOL, I can picture that so clearly! :D
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new series of this great programme will start in two weeks:)

[news]- 'The Apprentice': Meet Alan Sugar's 16 new candidates - pictures
    - 'The Apprentice' return date confirmed[/news]

Stephen Brady's suit is very shiny, and he also looks shifty. 0/10 :D

Ok, just looked at all the photos, and what a grim lot they are, and only one of them actually smiled, a female. Overall impression is they are a right shower!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is this forum of The Apprentice going to be taken out of 'Reality TV' put on the main forum page alongside the other reality tv forums like the current Dancing On Ice for example? It starts next week.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky Martin, will he be singing til he's fired? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For people's memories - there's an entire Wikiquote page of all the classic bits, including the "one chicken per pizza" one... http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_%28UK%29
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    For people's memories - there's an entire Wikiquote page of all the classic bits, including the "one chicken per pizza" one... http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_%28UK%29
    Such happy memories. Love Rory and Tre: "I am your Boss" "You're nothing to me", the whole sandalwood debacle, Ben's Sandhurst obsession, Baggs' field of ponies and pretty much any aside from Margaret! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh - and here's a collection of clips from the Mission France one... including how they tried flogging pork sausages int he middle of Ramadan to a halal butcher - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8pUrO5kqgI
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    robot1000 wrote: »
    I hope they've tweaked the format this year, as last year was flawed, meaning the winner was picked on their business idea, rather then their actual performance in tasks.

Agreed, made the whole series seem a bit of a farce.
    It was also rather noticeable how poor the general edit for each candidate was, even out of the finalists - Susie was clueless and naive, Jim was a manipulative arse, and Helen was a cold robot.
    I think it was maybe a desperate attempt to explain why a guy who lost ALOT of tasks ended up winning.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looking forward to this! I hope Margaret is back for the interview stage at least
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Don't know if I can be bothered to watch this series, the format has become very tired, and all the apprentices are all melding into one.

I think the format needs refreshing, I'm not usually a fan of celebrity shows but when the celebs took over on The Apprentice USA it did improve the show and give it the boost it needed so I think the same could happen here.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    robot1000 wrote: »
    I hope they've tweaked the format this year, as last year was flawed, meaning the winner was picked on their business idea, rather then their actual performance in tasks.

Well if I was investing good money in someone's business....... I'd pick the person with the best business idea... not the performance in the tasks which may bear little or no relevance to the business idea being put forward. Tom's idea was good and innovative and had potential - Helen's was abysmal - unoriginal - and the way she presented it - unworkable!

They changed the prize while leaving the format of the show. As an employee, team work. managing . costing etc are all good.... its less so when you are the person in charge....if you are paying wages, people will usually do what you want them to!

Tom might have been on the losing team many times, but the losses weren't all his fault - he was the ideas/ design/ costing mand in all of them - and more than once his team lost because the PM ignored his sensible advice. A fact which wasn't lost on Lord Sugar, or Karren Nick who were observing the groups.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    I already dislike Ricky Martin already, I will laugh if hes elminiated week one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no idea why people keep saying the first eleven weeks don't matter, given that they dictate which candidates get the opportunity to pitch their ideas at all. That's huge. That matters. Massively.

If they've survived twelve weeks, they're clearly good businesspeople, regardless of how many boardrooms they've been in. Your record is only as good as the people you worked with, and if everyone else you lost with has been weeded out and yet you still reach the final week unscathed, you're probably categorically not the problem. I mean, Tom didn't reach the final boardroom until week 8, and didn't get called back by a project manager until week 9 - by which point the PM only had three people to choose from in the first place. It's not like he was the class dunce; dipping under the radar the whole time and then pouncing in with a nail file.

The tasks test whether you can buy, they test whether you can sell, they test whether you can lead, they test whether you can take orders, they test whether you can pitch - and at the end of all that, once they've found the four strongest candidates, they test whether you can be inventive. And honestly, the final four last year were probably the strongest final four the show's produced. I don't see how there's a problem..?

It doesn't need a name change, either. The winner still gets to launch a business with an industry veteran; they're still going to be learning from Lord Sugar. I dunno, the reactions all seem a bit kneejerk, to me - just wasn't expecting the knees to still be jerking twelve months later. Am I missing something, here?
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I think the format needs refreshing, I'm not usually a fan of celebrity shows but when the celebs took over on The Apprentice USA it did improve the show and give it the boost it needed so I think the same could happen here.
    Ew - not for me, thanks. The Apprentice USA has always been fairly tacky and garish. UK's always been much classier in its production, candidate selection, set design, tasks... everything; and I'd rather hope it stays that way.

I'm sure people would tune in, but I think its current audience and the audience who'd watch Stacey Solomon for twelve weeks are, by and large, composed of very different people. Could be wrong, though.