Fifa 13 Thread!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
Forum Member
[news]Read our hands-on preview with FIFA 13[/news]

First details have been released, will you be buying it this year?
Are you looking forward to it? Also what improvement do you want to see in this years fifa?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wont be getting preordered and I will wait and see if they have made changes to 'momentum'. I switched to PES because of it and I like some of the features of PES over FIFA. The overall package is a lot better on FIFA but 'momentum' for me is game breaking and I cant play it online because of it. So its wait a couple weeks after launch to see if it is now out of it.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A guarantee it'll be bug ridden and EA will not listen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probs pick up at Asda launch day.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one2escape wrote: »
    It wont be getting preordered and I will wait and see if they have made changes to 'momentum'. I switched to PES because of it and I like some of the features of PES over FIFA. The overall package is a lot better on FIFA but 'momentum' for me is game breaking and I cant play it online because of it. So its wait a couple weeks after launch to see if it is now out of it.

I agree one2 momentum or scripting or whatever they are calling it destroyed FIFA 12 for me too. Im in two minds as whether I should get it because I know if I get it at "supermarket price" I will be able to sell it on ebay preowned for no loss (or very little depending on how long I wait).

As for waiting to see if there is momentum this year EA will not announce it, as they simply refuse to admit its in the game currently. Last I checked there was no official word on it and the FIFA forums were up in arms about it.

Should also add (among other things) there have been times in FIFA 12 when the game gets the offside rule wrong. That is simply appalling in 2012. Especially for a company the size of EA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    I haven't even bought FIFA 12 yet!

I'm waiting till FIFA 13 comes out and I'll buy it at a bargain price.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Fifa 12 was the best one yet.

Currently In my 9th season in career mode.

Finally 'completed' it in pro difficulty in 8th season, consider winning Charity Shield, Super Cup, League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League in one season as completing it.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably be picking this up on launch. Barring any major disasters. FIFA 12 was no means perfect (far from it at times) but as I cant see any signs of PES getting back to the game I used to love FIFA really is my only option.

Should also add (among other things) there have been times in FIFA 12 when the game gets the offside rule wrong. That is simply appalling in 2012. Especially for a company the size of EA

I guess if EA are going for realism, getting offsides wrong is pretty much accurate nowadays.... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifa 13 will be the same as always

people will ask them to make it more realistic and then complain that they have changed the game

I for one will we buying
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I havent bought one since Fifa 10, which I still play ... Might pick this up ... might not .... I'll see how the finances are when the time comes around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I'll probably be picking this up on launch. Barring any major disasters. FIFA 12 was no means perfect (far from it at times) but as I cant see any signs of PES getting back to the game I used to love FIFA really is my only option.

I guess if EA are going for realism, getting offsides wrong is pretty much accurate nowadays.... ;)

The PES biggest problem is not the overall game its the presentation. Fifa is like watching a game on Sky Sports PES is watching a nothing Europa League match on ITV 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one2escape wrote: »
    The PES biggest problem is not the overall game its the presentation. Fifa is like watching a game on Sky Sports PES is watching a nothing Europa League match on ITV 4.

tbh PES presentation has always been rubbish, yet PES 4 & 5 are two of my favourite games ever. I do love the presentation style of FIFA but I could live without the if I could get back onboard with PES. Gameplay for me is far far more important. Nice presentation, licenced kits etc are just a bonus.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be giving it a miss until they fix defending. FIFA 12 is OK at lower difficulties, but it's just such a ridiculous defence system that you keep backing off and backing off and backing off until your opponent dances their way through you.

It could all be fixed if the square button tackled in the direction of the player with the ball, instead of also requiring an analogue input.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I'll be giving it a miss until they fix defending. FIFA 12 is OK at lower difficulties, but it's just such a ridiculous defence system that you keep backing off and backing off and backing off until your opponent dances their way through you.

It could all be fixed if the square button tackled in the direction of the player with the ball, instead of also requiring an analogue input.

Sorry to sound harsh but there is a simple solution to the defending, learn to defend properly and stop complaining

The first few weeks i owned fifa 12 i hated it, then i realised the game is more about defending and waiting for the chance to break, rather than all out attacking

IMO, its the best fifa ever made because you need to try a different tactic in almost every game, unlike older games where you could score the same way in every game
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll repeat that the issue is not knowing how to defend properly. The vast majority of the time I've got men back and in the right positions to stop goal scoring opportunities.

Where FIFA 12 then lets me down is that when I press square to tackle, the AI have absolutely NO SENSE OF DIRECTION! Most of the time it'll end in either a foul or they'll just completely miss the ball altogether. For a game that has such sensitive 360 degree analogue controls, it is bizarre that why they never thought this would be a problem when it came to tackling. It works for dribbling, but not for tackling.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I preffered the old defending I must say one of the better points about this new way is the slide tackling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of info on new stuff in FIFA 13 on Fifa Soccer Blog -

http://fifasoccerblog.com/

Like the sound of "attacking intelligence"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Fifa 12 was the best yet. Loved the new tackling method. Looking forward to Fifa 13
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Move & Kinect support sounds interesting. If it plays on Move anything like PES on the Wii, I might pick up a cheap Move bundle again
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for this - my Fifa 12 is sooooooo buggy at the moment it's almost unplayable,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went with PES 2012 this year but will wait and play both demo's before deciding.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »
    I can't wait for this - my Fifa 12 is sooooooo buggy at the moment it's almost unplayable,

I can already, safely say, FIFA 13 will be sooooooo buggy aswell :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This generation will be remembered mostly for the buggy games, such a disappointment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    If its £25 at the supermarkets I'l get it, otherwise I'l probably pass this year.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I hate people who always use assisted defending, holding R1 all game is annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    One thing, which sounds trivial but can actually be quite annoying and even to an extent ruins the immersiveness is the complete lack of regard for Goalkeeper kits. Not sure if they've dealt with it in PES 2012. But seeing teams in FIFA 12 (particularly my team - Liverpool) where the goalkeepers jersey is the same colour (black) as the outfield players shirts or even the opposing teams shirts.

I really hope they resolve the kit clashes in FIFA 13, as it seems to be such a relatively simple problem to solve.