Best DVD of the Year?

conversation on this forum has been a little quite of late so i thought i'd start this little topic going.

What is the best DVD title of the year in your opinion and why?

I've been particularly impressed with Tarzan and the Fight Club. I was impressed with MIB as well but thought that it was a little overhyped. I think T2 should also be good (it should arrive in the next few days, let's hope it's a DVD-18 rather than 2 DVD-9s)
What does everybody else think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    So far it's been The Abyss special edition.However I too am awaiting the arrival of my T2 order.
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, i received my copy of T2 Ultimate edition on monday. It's great and the DTS version of the films are damn good (woohoo, i got one of the few DVD-18 versions!!) It is a really good DVD but i have 2 questions. Who is going to have the time to go through all the story boards and stuff? 2. What is that poncy bit of metal that they call a "limited edition case" It's just bent metal!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sleepy hollow, great transfer of a great film.
    American Pie should also get an honorable mention coz its just so damn funny!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    All of the MGM Bond series must get a commendation. MIB and Tarzan have been good but there are stil some very very good DVDs to come!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the Bond DVD's are a brilliant example of how to do DVD correctly.
    With regards to Storyboards, this is a feature I'd hope for on the Star Wars dvd's when Mr Lucas gets around to it. Storyboard's often give a great insight into how a scene or section of a film was conceived and sometimes have some great artwork given the time constraints in which they are drawn up.