Selling comics.

amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
Forum Member
✭✭
I was going to put a thread in general and then I saw that DS had a comic section, wow this place has everything!

I found some comic books in my wardrobe, have no idea where they have come from and I don't know anything about comics.

They are DC comics from different years, a few from 96.

Like I said I have no clue with comics so was wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do with them. Do I sell them on? Also where would I sell them? The option isn't there to travel around.

I'm just de-cluttering and wondered what to doo with them.

Thanks.

Comments

• HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Why don't you spread them out, take a photo and upload it so we can see what you've got? (Sounds a bit rude :blush: )
    I doubt they'll be worth the paper they are printed on, and condition is very important with comics. I'm not a DC expert, but I can't even think of a Marvel comic published after 1996 that's worth anything. I'll buy The Batman Adventures #12 off you if that's in amongst them :D
    Other than that, I think you should just hand them in to a charity shop.
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you spread them out, take a photo and upload it so we can see what you've got? (Sounds a bit rude :blush: )
    I doubt they'll be worth the paper they are printed on, and condition is very important with comics. I'm not a DC expert, but I can't even think of a Marvel comic published after 1996 that's worth anything. I'll buy The Batman Adventures #12 off you if that's in amongst them :D
    Other than that, I think you should just hand them in to a charity shop.

Haha, that first line is hilarious!!! :D

Ok, I'll have a look at what they are, but if it's nothing I'll get give them in to charity and let a child get some fun out of them.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...but I can't even think of a Marvel comic published after 1996 that's worth anything...

Off the top of my head, Amazing Spider-Man #36 (JMS, 9/11 tribute issue, black cover) can often go for a fair amount...
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, Amazing Spider-Man #36 (JMS, 9/11 tribute issue, black cover) can often go for a fair amount...

sure does. I sold mine for 40 quid a few years ago now.