Band T-Shirts when people aren't into the band

13»

Comments

• uniqueunique Posts: 12,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Surely the worst example has to be Harry Styles and his Rush t-shirt of the Presto album cover. Harry Styles is a Rush fan? Riiiiiiiight....

who is hairy styles? sounds like a brand of merkins
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    unique wrote: »
    who is hairy styles? sounds like a brand of merkins

ROFL :D
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    depends on the poster's age. I'd be surprised if a teenage girl had heard anything by the Stones. Or a teenage boy for that matter unless they were fans of classic rock. I can imagine lots of people in their 20s in the same position. Where would they hear this music? On Radio 1? Music channels? On the soundtrack of the latest Hollywood blockbuster? No. Maybe on an advert but they'd not be told who the artist was.

Parents....
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    depends on the poster's age. I'd be surprised if a teenage girl had heard anything by the Stones. Or a teenage boy for that matter unless they were fans of classic rock. I can imagine lots of people in their 20s in the same position. Where would they hear this music? On Radio 1? Music channels? On the soundtrack of the latest Hollywood blockbuster? No. Maybe on an advert but they'd not be told who the artist was.

Not necessarily true. I heard GNR for the first time when I was 14 and got my first t-shirt the year after that.
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Gn'R vest which is about 25 years old (still fits!!). I only wear it to festivals or Gn'R gigs now because it can't be replaced.

A 'friend' bought me a Primark one and it's disgusting - all the colours are wrong, it's ghastly. The worst one I've seen has the entire logo made out of rhinestones - gross :D:D
  • EmrysEmrys Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    chrisqc wrote: »
    Tought the same thing when i saw willow smith wearing a metallica shirt few day ago

Im sure shes a huge fan :D

I'm sure I read an interview with Will Smith ages ago about his wife being into bands like Metallica. So it's entirely possible that Willow grew up listening to them!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the Guns N' Roses ones hilarious as the first 2 things that come to my mind when thinking of GNR are the rape image and One In A Million. Bet the people wearing the shirts haven't heard of them. :eek:;)