Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Demo released on consoles 17/09/2014

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I will be a bit busy the next few days, but am interested in peoples thoughts on the demo, particularly on Ps4.

I really liked Pes 2014 on my Ps3, eventually, but they have kind of messed up all this gen,

If its any good, might be time to go ps4...

Comments

• blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »

Nice, Ribery in close up scared the poop out of me 😦

Always preferred the look of Pes, hope it can do the business this time
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, good old Konami, its been delayed...
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think at some point Konami are going to give up on improving the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and only concentrate on PS4, Xbox One and PC versions.

It's like what happened with the PS2 version, they just kept knocking out the same game but with updated squads for several years after the next gen one came out.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you cannot control the entire team, then FIFA will be the one for me.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

Say's FIFA1966 :D
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Has anyone played it??
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

what does this even mean?????????

so cheesed off with delay. next wed at earliest i bet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I've played it. A bit of a faff, but you need to create a Hong Kong PSN account to be able to access the HK store to download it from there. Takes about 5 minutes to create the account - google for more info.

I played the demo for nearly five hours straight last night. Absolutely brilliant, in my opinion. Passing is smooth, some of the moves you can put together are amazing, keepers improved considerably... You get 10 minute matches as well, so unlike the Fifa demo you can get absorbed in some great matches knowing that half/full time is always just a couple of minutes away.

If you've not played PES for a while, you need to give it a good three hours to readjust. I started on 'Regular' mode; got beat a few times, then found my feet, and ended up winning a match 7-0. Once I upped the difficulty to 'Superstar', every match was a real hard fought challenge.

Hope you enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrobbo wrote: »
    I've played it. A bit of a faff, but you need to create a Hong Kong PSN account to be able to access the HK store to download it from there. Takes about 5 minutes to create the account - google for more info.

I played the demo for nearly five hours straight last night. Absolutely brilliant, in my opinion. Passing is smooth, some of the moves you can put together are amazing, keepers improved considerably... You get 10 minute matches as well, so unlike the Fifa demo you can get absorbed in some great matches knowing that half/full time is always just a couple of minutes away.

If you've not played PES for a while, you need to give it a good three hours to readjust. I started on 'Regular' mode; got beat a few times, then found my feet, and ended up winning a match 7-0. Once I upped the difficulty to 'Superstar', every match was a real hard fought challenge.

Hope you enjoy it.

if you gave it a poor review this thread would be the most popular one on the gaming forum lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can control the entire team in 'Master League' mode, but if you pick 'Become A Legend', it only lets you control 1 player.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    PES 2009 wrote: »
    You can control the entire team in 'Master League' mode, but if you pick 'Become A Legend', it only lets you control 1 player.

Like Fifas Be a Pro then. I liked that mode.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game started off decent enough but now it is making me rage. It feels like every time i pass i give the ball to the opposition. Tried different formations and its more of the same, and its piss easy passes it messes up, not like im trying a killer through ball.
    Its got to the point where you dont want to pass even if its an easy pass. My stats showed 56% pass completion where older games it would have been in the 80s. Dont know if i will buy now.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    56% pass completion? LOL are you a 'long ball merchant'? Or always trying to make a forward pass? Try some triangles to open up the space.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    56% pass completion? LOL are you a 'long ball merchant'? Or always trying to make a forward pass? Try some triangles to open up the space.

Im talking about simple passing like from defender to midfield and squaring the ball. It was on hardest difficulty but the passes need to be more accurate.
    Played another game and won with 66% pass completion, maybe human opponents will make for a more balanced game.

Passed through ball to ronaldo and neuer came rushing out, chested it passed him for an open goal and missed from edge of the box. Dont know whether to laugh or cry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im talking about simple passing like from defender to midfield and squaring the ball. It was on hardest difficulty but the passes need to be more accurate.
    Played another game and won with 66% pass completion, maybe human opponents will make for a more balanced game.

Passed through ball to ronaldo and neuer came rushing out, chested it passed him for an open goal and missed from edge of the box. Dont know whether to laugh or cry.

passing is harder this year my work colleague says, but not bad, its to do with with more user skill and less cpu interference.

pes has always rewarded those that practice to be better, if you wanna master a game easily there is another football game out there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    passing is harder this year my work colleague says, but not bad, its to do with with more user skill and less cpu interference.

pes has always rewarded those that practice to be better, if you wanna master a game easily there is another football game out there.

All my mates say they prefer fifa because it is easier to score but to me every goal scored is the same as the last one.

I figured out what im doing wrong with the passing. Once you press pass the direction is locked, you cant change it so that whatever direction you are aiming for before you hit the ball is where the final pass will go. No other pes is like this.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on a Europe release date yet for the demo?

Surely the demo has to come before Fifa is released next week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the demo next gen only or is it coming to 360/Ps3 like fifa 15. Enjoying fifa so want to play this before commiting to buying either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Is the demo next gen only or is it coming to 360/Ps3 like fifa 15. Enjoying fifa so want to play this before commiting to buying either.

You can get it now on previous gen, just create a second account with hong kong as your location. Its all in english and only takes a minute, you dont even need a real email address.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my mates say they prefer fifa because it is easier to score but to me every goal scored is the same as the last one.

I figured out what im doing wrong with the passing. Once you press pass the direction is locked, you cant change it so that whatever direction you are aiming for before you hit the ball is where the final pass will go. No other pes is like this.

It is a lot harder to score in Fifa 14 than it is to score in PES 2014. In fact PES 2014 has possibly the weakest goalkeepers of the entire series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always been far too easy to score in modern versions of PES, takes no effort whatsoever.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    It's always been far too easy to score in modern versions of PES, takes no effort whatsoever.

I played as Tottenham against Crystal Palace the over day in a 10 minute match and won 12-0.
    I will be getting PES 15 as long as its an improvement on the current one. Which despite being sloppy still entertains me more than Fifa.
  • gazwagazwa Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Ever since the disastrous pes of 2007, i've not bought a pes game since, but after playing the demo of 2015, i'm likely to pick this one up. I've got a question though. Can you change the controls on pes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played as Tottenham against Crystal Palace the over day in a 10 minute match and won 12-0.
    I will be getting PES 15 as long as its an improvement on the current one. Which despite being sloppy still entertains me more than Fifa.

I play on hardest difficulty and its tough getting possesion, the cpu will happily pass the ball around their own half for much of the game. I had 23% possesion in 1 game and haven't scored more than 3 goals in a game.