TennisTV Set Top Box?

I am a tennis fan, but not interested in watching other sport. Therefore rather than subscribing to Sky I would like to take out a much cheap tennistv.com subscription.

I can plug my laptop into my TVand watch the tennis that way, but ideally I would like to buy a set top box that can do it without me having to mess around each time.

Does anyone know of any Set Top Boxes that can currently do this, or if Apple TV, Google TV, Yahoo TV, YourView or another IP TV OS provider will allow me to do this in the future?

Comments

• scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you can watch tennis via the streams on their site if you pay a subscription directly to tennistv.com

how about getting a dedicated media pc to sit under your tv..they can be made for £100 or bought ready made like the acer revo etc(but they are around £200)..if you don't want to use your laptop
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    depends on your budget but I have an asus EB1501 feeding my tv in the bedroom. it's small enough to mount on the back of the tv (using the vesa holes) cost is about £360

it will happily stream iplayer etc wirelessly though you need a network cable if you want to do that in hd.

for streaming from my other pc it does that happily enough in hd.

it's a little sluggish in use, I wouldn't want to try and play games on it, but for surfing or streaming it's great
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    depends on your budget but I have an asus EB1501 feeding my tv in the bedroom. it's small enough to mount on the back of the tv (using the vesa holes) cost is about £360

it will happily stream iplayer etc wirelessly though you need a network cable if you want to do that in hd.

for streaming from my other pc it does that happily enough in hd.

it's a little sluggish in use, I wouldn't want to try and play games on it, but for surfing or streaming it's great

for just about £110 i got a hp small form computer dc7700 dual core E6300 2.5 gb ram 256graphics card, ok its only got 80gb hard drive, as i have an emprex me1 500gb for recording..does really well as a streaming media centre, quite a bit of poke also have xmbc and its plugged in to an ambx light kit.
    Theres some really good reasonably small powerful ex business computers on ebay sometimes that go for cheap
    it also has xp, ild rather w7 though as nicer interface..but what I paid for it i cant be too fussy