Rhydian and that ridiculously OTT advert.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYFTg7gqm2k

Surely they should be cutting down such costs and appreciating any bit of profit made from weak album sales. The ad looks arrogant, pompous but amusingly fitting for Mr. Smug. No there is no jealousy I just don't like false hype.

Stacey to win this weekend!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best TV Ad I've ever seen!
    THat video TV Ad has been also the most watch video on YT after the release.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LBhMJ5O7t0&feature=related

Rhyd's album is doing very well for the classical album, he has debuted on the second place on the Classical Chart!
    Well done, Rhydian!
    The album is the best and of the highest quality from all the albums coming out of any of the XF contestants., that's what I think!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    It's a great advert, imo.

And BTW, I have finally managed to listen to the album in full - It's on Spotify - and I am very impressed. I like it a lot more than I thought I would because it's not my style of music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, Chi, I am so happy you like it!
    It's a true jewel, more you listen to it more it penetrates your heart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is 100% OTT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. Predictably unoriginal and derivative. Carmina Burana suggesting satanic connections as per the 'Mr bad Guy' image they tried to cultivate for him, and the visuals are a straight rip-ff from the Daniel Craig 007 promos for (same camp) Sony Blu Ray.

:yawn:

Mr. Cowell and his team showing once again that they don't have a grain of original thought between them.

PS. Rhyd's a raw talent. He should go and get himself a proper career.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That God it was OTT - beautifully and gloriously OTT and I am very glad OP has raised more awareness of it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious. :D Almost, nearly...just another bit more...and it's showman Rhyd back. It's very Damien/Omen though.....:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's brilliant and very OTT. Of course it's derivative. And it's funny. I love it.

People who like Rhydian like him to be a bit OTT. (Well I think so).

Mary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    r11co wrote: »
    Hmmm. Predictably unoriginal and derivative. Carmina Burana suggesting satanic connections as per the 'Mr bad Guy' image they tried to cultivate for him, and the visuals are a straight rip-ff from the Daniel Craig 007 promos for (same camp) Sony Blu Ray.

:yawn:

Mr. Cowell and his team showing once again that they don't have a grain of original thought between them.

PS. Rhyd's a raw talent. He should go and get himself a proper career.

Whilst I absolutely love the advert .. I do have to agree with you that there isn't much originality to it as it's the stadard "gothic"/"Omen"/"Dark Side" video .. but I think it's very effective and represents the song O Fortuna very well ....

Plus I've always been a fan of the OTT/Scary/over dramatic Rhyd so I love it all (I'm also a big fan of the OTT 80's music videos .. so I'm a bit of a sucker for this kind of thing ..lol)

Also I wouldn't think that it broke any banks to make as the majority of it will have been shot in the same location with just a few extras and obviously all the special effects are your standard wind machine or studio manipulated ones.

I don't think I would go as far as saying it's the best video I've ever seen as there have been so many great music video's around .. but I certainly enjoy it and think it does it's job of promoting the feel of the song very well .. I'd download it if it became available on iTUnes :)

Plus it's way better than I originally feared as I thought we would be stuck with the standard Classical/Crossover video of man in suit walking through fields/mountains
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GlueBubble wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYFTg7gqm2k

Surely they should be cutting down such costs and appreciating any bit of profit made from weak album sales. The ad looks arrogant, pompous but amusingly fitting for Mr. Smug. No there is no jealousy I just don't like false hype.

Stacey to win this weekend!

I just clicked on that link and I forgot my volume is practically on full. I nearly jumped out of my skin! :eek:
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like OTT done well.

I think this is terrific.

And terrific fun as well.

No - I LOVE ott done well. I'm not an Elvis and Freddie and Prince and Bassey and Gaga fan for nothing.

and Rhydian ain't bad.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does look like he is about to invade Poland, though...
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Of course it's OTT, it befits the piece of music, I love the Dark Lord/New Moon/Harry Potter vibe, great advert IMO :)
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Of course it's OTT, it befits the piece of music, I love the Dark Lord/New Moon/Harry Potter vibe, great advert IMO :)

Yes - how could anyone do 'O Fortuna' a bit downbeat like.:D
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love OTT!! And I love Rhydian. Amazing ad IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its very very OTT.....but teh song calls it, its a very dramatic song.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Love the ad, its awesome :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the ad too...dramatic and eye-catching....the more OTT the better!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's not to love about the video? Pyros, ravens, hooded creepy guys and the glorious Rhydian flexing those fabulous pecs!

I like the song too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, fair enough. I guess if one of my favourite artists had this type of advert behind them I would be rejoicing too!
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *runs in and throws a bucket of water over Sweet C

Opps sorry Gluebubble you just got caught in the cross fire :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does look like he is about to invade Poland, though...

Still killin' me, CK. :p
  • rufusrufusrufusrufus Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He hasn't got any lips.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufusrufus wrote: »
    He hasn't got any lips.

Oh yes he has ;)

*dodges another bucket of water from neelia
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Yes I'm with Sweet Caroline, what's not to like. I can't see anyone on here complaining about a video like that for their chosen XF favourite somehow.It's a fab video :D