Benefit Freebie with Glamour Magazine

2»

Comments

• loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I like the Eye Bright as it's pale pink rather than white. The It Stick is good for me as it's a lot paler than most products - most of the pale/light/fair/etc. concealers are too dark for me. In terms of quality I'd say it's slightly better than most products I've used.

The black eyeliner is rubbish. It's no better than an eyeliner I bought in a chemist for about £2. In fact, it's worse as it smudges so quickly.

I would never pay the full price for any of them as they are really overpriced, but I would buy the magazine again to get the Eye Bright and It Stick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    kezby_2k wrote: »
    There is a little instruction leaflet inside the box if you still have it!
    Basically its like a highlighter... but they say to put it in the 'v's of your eyes... Its hard to explain, but if I say the corners, maybe that'll help!
    So you put it in the inner corner of your eye - the corner by your nose (in a sideways v shape - <) just lightly, then blend it a bit - The idea is it disguises the dark shadow you can sometimes get in the inner corners of your eyes - And light colours on the inner corners of your eyes makes them look bigger and more awake.

You can also use it to line the inner rims of your eyes - Again, makes you look a bit more awake, but I havnt tried it with the eyebright myself..

Thank you! :) That makes sense. I got it assuming it was an eyeshadow stick, but the 'point' isn't really big enough for that and I couldn't figure it out :o

I'll try it and see how it goes!
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    i got that too and wasn't at all impressed with the mascara.

Has anyone bought Marie Clare yet with the Cowshed freebie?

Is this a joke? I have a bad image in my head. I haven't room for a cowshed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    Is this a joke? I have a bad image in my head. I haven't room for a cowshed.

It's not an actual free cowshed :D. It's a shower gel (I think). Cowshed is a range of natural beauty products, like a posher Body Shop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get this mag anywhere - tried most of the local newsagents, garages, Co-op and W H Smith. They all tell me they sold out on the first day last week! :(
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get a copy in the petrol station today when I filled the car up. Got the one with the consealer. Did really fancy the brightener but it's the only copy I've seen that hasn't had the gift nicked off the front.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I can't get this mag anywhere - tried most of the local newsagents, garages, Co-op and W H Smith. They all tell me they sold out on the first day last week! :(

Keep checking, my local shops restocked this week when the weeklies came in. Petrol forecourts are also a good bet, there are not so many tweens around to rip the freebies out of the mags:D
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »

If it's any consolation, the three pencils are all a bit crap to be completely honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Was it all benefit make up they were giving away? I love Benefit make up (particularly the retro packaging! :o) but I find it rather expensive for what it is.

I know I wanted the Cheek Tint and never got round to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Yeep!..Got my mardy Cow Shed bath stuff..what a treat!! Got the Glamour magazine as well along with the Benefit eye bright which was great as the next day I ran out of mine (the pencil literally fell away from the wood) so I was well chuffed about that...silly me, never thought to hunt down the other 2 products...nay worries, you can buy online cheap enough now adays!

http://www.divinetrash.co.uk/womens-clothing/beauty.html
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I've got the concealer.