Something for the weekend (merged)

Comments

• Options
    MilhouseVHMilhouseVH Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    You forgot to add the fact that she has nice puppies too :D

Oh yes, "nice smile" and "nice puppies" (neither of which I agree with, maybe "nice puppies" in the 90s but I think the two kids since have ruined them now!) :)
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    MilhouseVH wrote: »
    IThe Gadget section is always good for a laugh and guaranteed to end in disaster as the gadget presenters know nothing about the products they are presenting. They really are woefully under-prepared, it's no surprise Tim gets annoyed with them - the section is usually a total embarrassment every week.

Talking of the gadgets, I can see the idea of the bottle filter thingy, but I thought we weren't suppoesd to reuse bottles too many times - they degrade and leak carcinogens or something don't they?
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, "nice smile" and "nice puppies" (neither of which I agree with, maybe "nice puppies" in the 90s but I think the two kids since have ruined them now!) :)

Well, I'd have to inspect them close-up just to make sure ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like the football banter between Tim and Simon though - I'm a Chelsea fan so maybe I'm biased. :)

I hate football so I always love it when they lose, just so I know Tim will be annoyed the next day when he's presenting the show :D

I was hoping that Man Utd would win the league by just ONE point, just to really stick in his craw, but it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate football so I always love it when they lose, just so I know Tim will be annoyed the next day when he's presenting the show :D

Unfortunately for you that doesn't happen very often! :) Whereas it's a fairly common result for Liverpool, so watching Tim ask Simon how Liverpool got on is always quite amusing.

Perhaps they should mandate that the next female presenter (preferably with a brain) should be a Man United fan so Tim can gloat even more... :)
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this lot are so dim, they were all half asleep this morning and moaned about why they were on earlier than usual, they didnt know why and Tim then mentions about watching the golf, duh! thats why the programme was on at an earlier time!
  • Options
    001_ATLANTIS001_ATLANTIS Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cooking element of this show is absolutely dire. Today's pork omelette thingy looked like vomit!

Nobody every pays much attention to what Simon Rimmer is doing, which clearly annoys him, and there's too much inane chatter from Lovejoy. I often find myself thinking what they attempt to make could be bought from the shops for an awful lot less bother and would probably taste a whole lot better to boot! Life is just too short to make you own jaffa cakes etc!

The 'let's make a cocktail' section' is also a complete waste of time. I mean, who really has all these obscure bottles of liquer and alcohol lying in a cupboard at home? Poor Wayne is left to prattle on while Lovejoy and Redknapp generaly blank him and have their own little private conversations, and then Louise pronounces everything she is given to drink as 'gorgeous' Aaargh! They would be just as well showing the same cocktail make every week. It never really strays from that.

This show is so past it's sell by date it really should be taken off the shelf and binned.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the modern TV disease, the "format". Every episode like every other episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life is just too short to make you own jaffa cakes etc!

My guess is the show is aimed at a broad cross section of society, some with young families that might enjoy cooking together in the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon.

Not every section of the show is aimed at your particular lifestyle, you know! :)
  • Options
    RichuptonRichupton Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a big fan of Louise on this show (much preferred Amanda) and thought that she was totally out-glammed by Sarah Manners yesterday (yum!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    It's very bland in every way, but there isn't much to compete with it in that time slot. Louise is 'nice' but no Paxman. The Simon/Tim football banter is coma-inducing. Simon's a real fan, but 'monotone' Tim was always a Watford fan - until the money started rolling in at Chelsea.

The show's usually just 'white noise' in the background for me. I don't dislike any of the presenters, but it wouldn't break my heart if they 'mistakenly' locked in a storeroom with a starving lion.
  • Options
    RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richupton wrote: »
    Not a big fan of Louise on this show (much preferred Amanda) and thought that she was totally out-glammed by Sarah Manners yesterday (yum!)

Amanda - tedious and plain
    Lou - cute and sexy
    Sarah - average looking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very bland in every way, but there isn't much to compete with it in that time slot. Louise is 'nice' but no Paxman. The Simon/Tim football banter is coma-inducing. Simon's a real fan, but 'monotone' Tim was always a Watford fan - until the money started rolling in at Chelsea.

The show's usually just 'white noise' in the background for me. I don't dislike any of the presenters, but it wouldn't break my heart if they 'mistakenly' locked in a storeroom with a starving lion.

That's a nice format.

Weekend Lion with Mel and Sue

"This week the flip funsters give the lion a much needed meal in the shape of Simpsons creator Matt Groening.

Later the crazy comedians have a chat with 'napsack Selma', the gadget girl, who demonstrates a variation on a toy helicopter yet again. This time with built-in rifle.

After the lion has eaten the cocktail hour begins...
    "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda - tedious and plain
    Lou - cute and sexy
    Sarah - average looking

Sarah Manners was ridiculously tall. Tall women do nothing for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The cooking element of this show is absolutely dire. Today's pork omelette thingy looked like vomit!

Nobody every pays much attention to what Simon Rimmer is doing, which clearly annoys him, and there's too much inane chatter from Lovejoy. I often find myself thinking what they attempt to make could be bought from the shops for an awful lot less bother and would probably taste a whole lot better to boot! Life is just too short to make you own jaffa cakes etc!

The 'let's make a cocktail' section' is also a complete waste of time. I mean, who really has all these obscure bottles of liquer and alcohol lying in a cupboard at home? Poor Wayne is left to prattle on while Lovejoy and Redknapp generaly blank him and have their own little private conversations, and then Louise pronounces everything she is given to drink as 'gorgeous' Aaargh! They would be just as well showing the same cocktail make every week. It never really strays from that.

This show is so past it's sell by date it really should be taken off the shelf and binned.
    Agree about the cocktails, but we've done quite a few of Simons recipes and they've been great, that pork thing did look bad though

They've suddenly started doing Deja View again, wonder if someone reads this thread?
  • Options
    RichuptonRichupton Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Sarah Manners was ridiculously tall. Tall women do nothing for me"

That'll be the killer heels that she was wearing - part of making an effort, which gadget girl also tries to do
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God knows why the BBC are employing Amanda Byram, haven't they seen The Swan?

I thought the BBC was the most PC TV corporation in the world and they're employing the female equivalent of Uncle Tom (kind of).

Where is the feminist outrage?
  • Options
    Force12Force12 Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Paper Doll wrote: »

I thought the BBC was the most PC TV corporation in the world and they're employing the female equivalent of Uncle Tom (kind of).

Still in the kitchen getting the Sunday lunch sorted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's ugly on the inside.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the worst bits about this show comes right at the start where Tim is seen clearly trying to psyche himself up for a cheery-sounding "Good morning!", whereas you can tell him his body language and his eyes that he's clearly dying inside.
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone just understand what the cocktail guy was talking about when he was making them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paper Doll wrote: »

I have no idea what this means.:confused:

Benedict seems lovely, nice voice and liked his Alan Rickman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    I have no idea what this means.:confused:

She presented The Swan, probably the most misogynist television programme ever made, once described as "the most morally bankrupt TV since Al Qaeda's latest press release."
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the end of the programme coz the phone rang.

What year was the deja vu clip from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Manners was ridiculously tall. Tall women do nothing for me.

That's another reality TV show right there:

"Sarah, Plain and Ridiculously Tall"

Five very tall women wish to be normal height and beautiful, watch and stare as Amanda Byram and Dr Nick perfom Radical Leg Shortening and cosmetic surgery LIVE!