EastEnders - the baby reveal has already been filmed!

Comments

• Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    I think its for the best judging by some of the laughable hysteria the storyline has caused on here BEFORE even airing.
    Peter30 wrote: »
    I did read something about a lot of rewrites and reshoots that were happening just before Christmas, so I bet this was originally meant to go on for longer but has been brought to an abrupt end. It's a shame.

Nope that was Patsy's exit storyline as she went into labour during filming and they had to think up a storyline to cover it. Hence the cameo from Sonia in the rewrites.
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so relieved they arent dragging it out for to long couldnt bare the thought of it dragging on for years and yes i know its a soap and its supposed to be dramatic to me its to OTT even for soapland.

and eventhough its short it doesnt mean that its not going to be powerful and well remembered. the after effects of this could go on for years to come as 2 of the big familys of the show are part of it

im hoping to just skip the whole swap part and see the aftermath then if its true, although i do always watch out of habit :o
  • Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I think its better this way as well because it keeps it realistic. Of course the storyline will be ongoing after the reveal because it will split off into several different directions as a result so makes things even more complex plus this gives hope to Ronnie and EE would have been mad to lose Samantha.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I think its better this way as well because it keeps it realistic. Of course the storyline will be ongoing after the reveal because it will split off into several different directions as a result so makes things even more complex plus this gives hope to Ronnie and EE would have been mad to lose Samantha.

I don't get this giving hope to Ronnie thing. How is she suddenly more redeemable because the kidnap is only for 6 weeks?
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    well I'm confused and slightly disappointed

I had expectations this would last a least 6 months (hopefully paced correctly)

I guess this lessons Ronnie's moment of madness
    Forum Member
    I don't get this giving hope to Ronnie thing. How is she suddenly more redeemable because the kidnap is only for 6 weeks?

Because if its all a breakdown she has its easier in the less time frame it plays out in for her case. If it had been long term she could never have come back from it.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Because if its all a breakdown she has its easier in the less time frame it plays out in for her case. If it had been long term she could never have come back from it.

6 weeks is still a looong time to keep someone else's baby and let them believe their child is dead A day or two= a moment of madness. 6 weeks, while not 2 years, is still a prolonged crime.
    Forum Member
    6 weeks is still a looong time to keep someone else's baby and let them believe their child is dead A day or two= a moment of madness. 6 weeks, while not 2 years, is still a prolonged crime.

Yes but 6 weeks is not 2 years if you get my dift.

Ronnie can go away be seckoned for the next 6 months or whatever and then come back and have all of Walford against her.. that's my guess on how they will play it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true, two words come to mind: COP OUT! :mad:
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am disappointed to read this as well, I hope it isn't true. To tackle such a controversial story and then bring it to an end so quickly is a missed opportunity. How much of a bigger impact would it have had on all of their lives if the truth wasn't know until the baby was a toddler? now it can be just glossed over, Ronnie can have a bit of counselling, Kat will do a bit of bonding with the baby with everyone back to normal by Easter :(
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds brilliant. I didn't want it to last for months.

Maybe this is only the start of the storyline. And this is just the begining.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news from a selfish viewer point of view. I have no patience for a 2 year storyline :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually pleased the reveal won't take long, the main focus should the aftermath IMO. I still don't think there's anything left for Ronnie so hopefully a long prison sentence will be the way out for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I'm actually pleased the reveal won't take long, the main focus should the aftermath IMO. I still don't think there's anything left for Ronnie so hopefully a long prison sentence will be the way out for her.

I very much doubt she'll be sent to prison for a very long time, I'm thinking more along the lines of a stint in hospital, if it goes to court, I think she'll be acquitted of abduction on mental health grounds and sectioned, then once she's responding well to treatment she'll be left out..

Even if Sam has decided to leave for good I still think Ronnie will be sectioned and not jailed because it's been made very clear she's not of sound mind when she takes Tommy...
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically that makes sense as ronnie would be caught out pretty quickly anyway :) I'm glad it's not being dragged out for 2 years, I'd have been past caring then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bubbles_xO wrote: »
    I very much doubt she'll be sent to prison for a very long time, I'm thinking more along the lines of a stint in hospital, if it goes to court, I think she'll be acquitted of abduction on mental health grounds and sectioned, then once she's responding well to treatment she'll be left out..

Even if Sam has decided to leave for good I still think Ronnie will be sectioned and not jailed because it's been made very clear she's not of sound mind when she takes Tommy...

Yeh. I think she'll get sectioned. That was what that scene with Jean was all about.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Jack - he will find out that he never saw his son :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad it's not being dragged out
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    People are complaining it's not going to go on for two years, geez, it really is slate BK in anything he can.
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they are not dragging it out.

Also glad they are not going down the baby needs blood transfusion line and jacks not a match, be interesting to have seen if Ronnie would have confessed to a fake affair rather than being found out though ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    People are complaining it's not going to go on for two years, geez, it really is slate BK in anything he can.

not that many people are complaining. infact, I think most people like the fact that Ronnie is found out relitively soon after.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is great news in my opinion im so happy. i still say its sad that ronnie loses a child once again. i wonder if they will make her and jack adopt or maybe she gets preggers again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bubbles_xO wrote: »

I don't really mind what happens to her, I just want her to leave. Don't think there's much they could with the character.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason, wrote: »
    I think its for the best judging by some of the laughable hysteria the storyline has caused on here BEFORE even airing.

Nope that was Patsy's exit storyline as she went into labour during filming and they had to think up a storyline to cover it. Hence the cameo from Sonia in the rewrites.

wow o has she had her bay then. i assumed patsy would leave at least 5 months before her baby is born.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    this is great news in my opinion im so happy. i still say its sad that ronnie loses a child once again. i wonder if they will make her and jack adopt or maybe she gets preggers again.

What adoption agency is going to look twice at a mental woman? I think this will definitely be the end of Ronnie/Jack, would he really forgive her for never letting him meet his son? But then again, Jack doesn't really seem to care much about his children though...