Options

Word of Warning about Lancer Skincare.

oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi.

Sadly Harrods don't allow buyer reviews. Its something I have raised with them recently because a lot of the Ranges are Quite Expensive.
Bought

Lancer eye Cream
Lancer Radiance C
and the night cream.

terrible reaction to the eye and radiance
And the night cream is one of the worst products I've bought it actually made a fine like twice as long and deep, And within a week of the pot being opened its like the cream is evaporating. This is 100% a range of trying to get some samples first before spending out

IMHO Rodial Bee Venom and the La Prairie ranges are much better value

Comments

• Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont buy anything I dont get samples for first now. Quite a few expensive brands have lost my custom because of their sneering sales people not handing them over without a purchase.

La Prairie irritated my skin so much I needed medical treatment. Expensive doesnt always mean its the best product for you.
  • Options
    Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Thanks for sharing this information.
  • Options
    Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Oathy, read your thread again. Were you able to work out exactly what caused the irritation? I know that before using my Monsia Skincare I was able to look at all the ingredients on their website and do my own research. I am very happy with the product line and my skin loves it.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We re all different to stuff in makeups,creams and lotions.. I can hardly use any face creams at all now apart from Simple, and Doublebase cream from the doctor... I used one of the newer Olay creams in the pump disperser when it came out a few years back and my face blew up and was burning...after one application... and it went in the bin... Ive never tried this brand you speak of but dont be kidded that if it expensive its better or has safer ingredients...what Ive read though about Lancer..

Unfortunately, Lancer’s scrubs are all alkaline (high pH) and contain overly abrasive scrub ingredients and fragrance extracts that skin doesn’t need. The nighttime moisturizers are all packaged in jars (exposing their beneficial ingredients to air), and the one sunscreen in the line is alcohol based (which isn’t a good thing for skin, as we’ll discuss in the product review). you can also look up the ingredients one by one yourselves ..

Ingredients
    Cyclopentasiloxane, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, DI-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Retinol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Angustfolia (Lavender) Oil, Linalool.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lin4237 wrote: »
    Oathy, read your thread again. Were you able to work out exactly what caused the irritation? I know that before using my Monsia Skincare I was able to look at all the ingredients on their website and do my own research. I am very happy with the product line and my skin loves it.

Really sorry about the delay.
    No complete mystery nothing has every reacted to me like this range did.
    my skin actually peeled like after nasty sunburn. Harrods though were amazing
    I told them and they wanted further details the next thing they asked for the products back and I got a full refund.

it really has left some bad marks on the skin though they are fading slowly but its very visible the affected areas