Ann had better watch out!

shevlenshevlen Posts: 168
Forum Member
I have a horrible feeling that Ann is going to crack this ballroom dancing malarky and start doing well.
Trouble is, not well enough to be excellent, but good enough to become dull.
Play to the crowd, Ann. The poorer you are, the longer you'll stay in!

Comments

• mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shevlen wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling that Ann is going to crack this ballroom dancing malarky and start doing well.
    Trouble is, not well enough to be excellent, but good enough to become dull.
    Play to the crowd, Ann. The poorer you are, the longer you'll stay in!

Please don't encourage her.

Stay rubbish so everyone gets bored and stops voting
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, she will never crack the latin. Imagine a rumba! Or a jive!
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »

It will be ok until until the better dancers go and she stays, as has happened in the past.
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't wait to see her kicks and flicks. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooh her in a Rumba dress....Oh there's a little bit of sick in my mouth.....
  • shevlenshevlen Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    gibletjohn wrote: »
    Ooh her in a Rumba dress....Oh there's a little bit of sick in my mouth.....

Must be yer giblets, john:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Anne could join Anton in a charity edition of Hole in the Wall, as opposing team captains. Just imagine...
  • molo flapianmolo flapian Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D Visions of black eyes all round
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't help but notice the others couples applauding her and Anton after their dance, but will they still be applauding when they are booted off and she is still there.....at least Paul Daniels had the grace to say he would rather it be him that went rather than anyone else!
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    If they do perform, the jive it may well be similar to the one Darren choreographed for Gloria Honeyford. Perfectly performable by Ann if a little lacking in bounce and drive.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she's all that popular with the viewing public. Many people remember what a nasty, mean spirited person she was when in politics. As prison's minister she was in favour of shackling pregnant women prisoners .
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of her politics either, but clearly the public vote is keeping her in the competition (at the moment), this may be people prepared to overlook or unaware of her past activities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of her politics either, but clearly the public vote is keeping her in the competition (at the moment), this may be people prepared to overlook or unaware of her past activities.

Or, of course, serial Tory voters
    Forum Member
    hehe of course, I bet Cameron has her on speed dial!
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    I don't think she's all that popular with the viewing public. Many people remember what a nasty, mean spirited person she was when in politics. As prison's minister she was in favour of shackling pregnant women prisoners .

I would think that a lot of the votes are for Anton,some fans because they love him and some normal folk because they like seeing him embarrassed.:p
  • millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seymour wrote: »
    I would think that a lot of the votes are for Anton,some fans because they love him and some normal folk because they like seeing him embarrassed.:p

I don't think he's embarrassed. He loves every moment of it as it puts him in the spotlight. He just pretends to be embarrassed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    I couldn't help but notice the others couples applauding her and Anton after their dance, but will they still be applauding when they are booted off and she is still there.....at least Paul Daniels had the grace to say he would rather it be him that went rather than anyone else!

Yes I wondered how long they will go on being supportive. I think another couple of weeks would be ok but I hope sense prevails then.
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    If they do perform, the jive it may well be similar to the one Darren choreographed for Gloria Honeyford. Perfectly performable by Ann if a little lacking in bounce and drive.

As you say - performable - but I would have to disagree with you when you say it would be lacking in bounce. :D:o
  • nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    BZ Scorpiogran, I keep thinking someone's switched over to the discovery channel on me every time they start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BZ Scorpiogran, I keep thinking someone's switched over to the discovery channel on me every time they start.

Sorry I'm a bit antiquated but what is BZ. I don't have sky and havn't seen the discovery chanel.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the American Smooth I'm looking forward to - they'll need the A & E Department at the local hospital on standby for Anton if he has to lift Ann!
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the American Smooth I'm looking forward to - they'll need the A & E Department at the local hospital on standby for Anton if he has to lift Ann!
  • nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    BZ = buckin' zebras, an exclamation of surprise or dismay, often heard when watching wild at heart, usually by the cantankerous old guy whilst he's busy mending fences around the place. Look it up in wikipedia if you don't believe me scorpiogran.
  • GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I wondered how long they will go on being supportive. I think another couple of weeks would be ok but I hope sense prevails then.

As you say - performable - but I would have to disagree with you when you say it would be lacking in bounce. :D:o

Depends how supportive the bustenhalter is!? :eek:
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »

:eek:

I didn't know that, so maybe many don't or have forgotten.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BZ = buckin' zebras, an exclamation of surprise or dismay, often heard when watching wild at heart, usually by the cantankerous old guy whilst he's busy mending fences around the place. Look it up in wikipedia if you don't believe me scorpiogran.

Thanks for telling me. You learn something new every day. :)