Options

Come Dine With Me 2008 Series

Comments

• Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    IIRC it was Ronnie, the woman who used the catering staff from her workplace!
  • Options
    rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    IIRC it was Ronnie, the woman who used the catering staff from her workplace!

she didn't use them to cook it though - just for advice - the worst one I saw was some guy who actually called in the caterers to cook everything and then was a joint winner - I couldn't believe they didn't disqualify him and let his joint winner take the full prize!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, I saw it first time round rather than recently and I'd thought she got some stuff made at work (rostis was it?) and then reheated them at home, aswell as picking their brains?

I must've remembered incorrectly, but I did think that at the time I reckoned it wasn't quite in the spirit of the game :(
    (although, as you say, not as bad as some)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Oh, I saw it first time round rather than recently and I'd thought she got some stuff made at work (rostis was it?) and then reheated them at home, aswell as picking their brains?

I must've remembered incorrectly, but I did think that at the time I reckoned it wasn't quite in the spirit of the game :(
    (although, as you say, not as bad as some)

actually yes you are right - she did do that - I had forgotten that part - but at least she cooked the rest! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I didn't dislike her, she seemed to have quite a good sense of humour :D

I'm really interested to see who they come up with this time, whether people have got a bit more savvy and whether there are any out and out weird ones like they found before ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes it will be interesting - I hope they don't try too hard though - the format is good already.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    rosieeee wrote: »
    yes it will be interesting - I hope they don't try too hard though - the format is good already.
    Just saw in the TV mag -it's a celebrity one this week, I didn't realise that.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »

It's Tamara Beckwith, MC Harvey, Lynsey de Paul and Jonathan Ansell (the blond one from G4) cooking this week. There have been trailers running for the programme on Channel 4.
  • Options
    mavreelamavreela Posts: 4,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »

Since the second series the first week has always been a celebrity one.

Michael.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    mavreela wrote: »
    Since the second series the first week has always been a celebrity one.

Michael.
    Aah, I didn't know that was the pattern, I usually only catch reruns etc. Planner set for this week though!:)
  • Options
    anna_ukanna_uk Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    So glad it's getting a primetime viewing as I miss them all while at work, I really enjoyed when they had it on Sunday evenings a while back. This will be such a treat :)

i so agree - could never watch it as i am at work and now that's it's on at night i can finally watch it again. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump - only 30 min to wait !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the Celeb ones as much because you don't get any total nutters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go .....
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHO?? who is that "Gangster" rapper???
    Why do these "Celebrity" shows always use ex-celebs??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    f(*kenell I hate that harvey

oh no what will they think dining with a gangsta rapper? - shut up numb nuts, Eazy_E you ain't :rolleyes:

oooh they might google me... I'm mad me

*slap*
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Ugh, Beckwith! What a pompous waste of space she is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eh? that G4 dude has a girlfriend....

EH???????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only really have heard of one of them, and that is only because i have heard of G4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

EH???????

Did you think he was gay?
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

EH???????

She also appeared to be Quizmania's Debbie King! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite confused with his apartment, it looks nice but then has a small kitchen you'd expect in a council house or something??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if i like the new titles etc, i do quite like them, just can't think what the old ones were like, hehe
  • Options
    Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    I like the new titles. The old ones did seem dated. It's nice to have something fresh
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    First to host is 24-year-old Jonathan Ansell. He intends to be an attentive host

Starter:goats cheese on homemade bruschetta

Main: tea smoked duck with stuffed pepper as a vegetarian options

Pudding: chocolate torte.

Guests are MC Harvey, Lynsey de Paul and Tamara Beckwith.

Jonathan has broken his blender and burnt his sugar already. He burns more sugar and sets off the smoke alarm. Lynsey arrives who says the apartment smells nice (she likes a good bonfire says DL), then Tamara and Harvey.

ad break:eek:

We're not going to have eight ad breaks are we? :confused: