ASDA Julie Walters commercial

the_red_devilthe_red_devil Posts: 300
Forum Member
Argh just hate these, simply awful, could they be any more fake :mad:

Comments

• TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks like she is in a bad mood in all of them :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i liked the victoria wood one
  • KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I just dont get the ads at all, what are they trying to say? Do Asda treat their staff to a huge sit down party with all tables decorated, and waited on by waitresses? if not what is the point of those ads.

If it is to show that Asda sell christmas table decorations, then what a waste of an ad. They sell so much more.

Asda should have saved the money spent on Julie Walters and made fun, happy ads showing their christmas range with a load of different age, Mums, Dads and kids.

I used to like Julie Walters, but these ads make her out to be very short tempered and abrupt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the point of the ads is........Julie Walters now works at Asda.......well I thought I seen her on the cheese counter in Asda Cumbernauld......and she looked very happy....well it was double discount day........(ask an ASDA employee about it!)
  • mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i left asda 2 weeks ago after almost 5 years with them.

all the adverts are staged and if anyone asda collegue was to act like they do on the ads then they would be sacked.

horrible company to work for since walmart took over, they claim to lower prices on over 1000 products, but look very closely at other items they add 1p or sometimes 10p to other items to balance it out.

how can a company seel pro evo at £37 then drop it to £30, right before xmas put it back to £40???

just ask the asda collegues what they got for double discount day!!! every year past food was included as well as pratically everything else in store except petrol and ****.

this year, booze only.

If these celebs knew what really went on in stores/warehouse then i doubt they would do the adverts
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kayok wrote: »
    I just dont get the ads at all, what are they trying to say? Do Asda treat their staff to a huge sit down party with all tables decorated, and waited on by waitresses? if not what is the point of those ads.

If it is to show that Asda sell christmas table decorations, then what a waste of an ad. They sell so much more.

Asda should have saved the money spent on Julie Walters and made fun, happy ads showing their christmas range with a load of different age, Mums, Dads and kids.

I used to like Julie Walters, but these ads make her out to be very short tempered and abrupt.

1) no they dont
    2) yes they do
    3) I still have nightmares about the horrible school choir
    4) she most certainly is
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member

all the adverts are staged and if anyone asda collegue was to act like they do on the ads then they would be sacked.

horrible company to work for since walmart took over, they claim to lower prices on over 1000 products, but look very closely at other items they add 1p or sometimes 10p to other items to balance it out.

how can a company seel pro evo at £37 then drop it to £30, right before xmas put it back to £40???

just ask the asda collegues what they got for double discount day!!! every year past food was included as well as pratically everything else in store except petrol and ****.

this year, booze only.

If these celebs knew what really went on in stores/warehouse then i doubt they would do the adverts

There's an interesting documentry about Walmart that's been doing the rounds on Sky Movies (on the Indie channel I think). You might find it interesting, none of the above is surprising after watching that.
  • 5340robert5340robert Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh shit hole to work for. In the add you see a oldish guy wearing a black suit and glasses he used to be store manager at york when i worked there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    I might be wrong, but I don't think the celebrities in these ads are being portrayed as themselves (ie: I don't think they're implying Julie Walters/James Nesbitt/Victoria Wood etc are actually working there). I think they're just acting out a role as a member of staff.

But like others, the whole table setting/turkey cooking setups are weird. I was under the impression that Asda was starting to do Christmas parties or something!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible ad :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asda ads always irritate me. They make it out like the staff are having the time of their lives working there. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Asda ads always irritate me. They make it out like the staff are having the time of their lives working there. :rolleyes:
    Like anyone else who has worked in retail/any other customer facing service role, I know how fake that is. I left Safeway in 2002 as a Checkout/Customer Service supervisor, and the abuse I used to get from certain customers was totally out of order. I just don't know how people who do the job permanently stay in the job.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Julie Walters so hard up that she has to do Asda AND Nintendo ads? I've gone right off her.
  • donlothariodonlothario Posts: 5,289
    Forum Member

this year, booze only.

I notice that you omit the fact that you get a staff discount of 10% on everything that you buy all year round.

And for those who have asked, yes Asda do have staff parties for Christmas. They was a store party last Sunday night in one of the best local places and tomorrow night the girl's from the George section are having a separate party which Asda are contributing towards the cost of.

And don't forget the £20 gift card all employees received either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    I *adore* Julie Walters, but I can't help thinking she's sold out. :(

In the Bill Bailey stand-up tour the other week, he said he was asked to do one of these Asda ads....and then he performs a song about how he told them to get lost. It's called 'Asda! I ain't gonna be your bitch!' ;)
  • radio-oneradio-one Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    I hate those Asda commercials.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I *adore* Julie Walters, but I can't help thinking she's sold out. :(

In the Bill Bailey stand-up tour the other week, he said he was asked to do one of these Asda ads....and then he performs a song about how he told them to get lost. It's called 'Asda! I ain't gonna be your bitch!' ;)
    BILL BAILEY IS GOD! :D:D
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

this year, booze only.

Sounds almost as bad as working for Wilkinsons
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g-bhxu wrote: »
    Sounds almost as bad as working for Wilkinsons
    2 companies who have their own security guards and cant seem to stop people doing "the 5 finger discount"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that you omit the fact that you get a staff discount of 10% on everything that you buy all year round.

And for those who have asked, yes Asda do have staff parties for Christmas. They was a store party last Sunday night in one of the best local places and tomorrow night the girl's from the George section are having a separate party which Asda are contributing towards the cost of.

And don't forget the £20 gift card all employees received either.

take it your a asda "company man"??????

yeah i did get 10% discount, but so do tesco workers.

£20 gift card at xmas, true.

but how about when no-one got the bonus 2 years ago??? profits were down or so they said, but months later they announced record profits!!!!:rolleyes:

how about asda excpecting workers (warehouse) to pick 1400 cases per shift for no more money and tighter control over what people are doing!

if anyone has the chance to join asda, go on the dole or find somewhere else, watch the walmart film on sky movies, its just like that over here now.

ho before i forget did anyone see the atricle in the sun about a mother of 2 who got sacked for 2p for misuse of her discount card????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take it your a asda "company man"??????

before i forget did anyone see the atricle in the sun about a mother of 2 who got sacked for 2p for misuse of her discount card????

Seems to me "ASDA" are now the "Scrooge" of the retail world, yes you will get"jobsworths" saying rules are rules but this is overkill
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if people knew what really goes on in asda, then i doubt any of you would shop there.

because of me saying stuff that could be classed as libel on here if you goto google and typr gmb in asda, check there message boards and see what the collegues are saying about pratically every depot.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many time they filmed the accidentally dropped sprout before they got it right.

Ad-men treat us like morons.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Compared to the M&S classic Christmas ad it's well cheap and shoddy. :o

Julie has defo sold out. :(