The Saturdays' Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    theboxman wrote: »
    I don't really get why the girls aren't having back-to-back top fives! Personally I think their singles are mammoth compared to anything GA have done in a while! Think it might just be 'connecting with the public' something that will probably only come after a red-top story or two!

Ego is my favourite Saturdays song so far.

Lack of promotion/public awareness? Am pleased that Ego has got to #9, hope it charts higher next week but that's very good. It is a good song!
    Forum Member
    anyone else find titchmarsh a bit creepy round the girls? :eek: "if only I was 10 years younger...alright, 30!" :eek::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the song quality this should have went top five at least. The fact it charted lower than the likes of If This Is Love, Just Can't Get Enough and Forever Is Over is very dissapointing. Saying that i'm sure it will have sold alot more than FIO, which is one good thing, but unless sales really pick up after this promotion I can see it sliding out of the charts pretty quickly. :(

I really think we should start a campaign for one of their songs to get #1. :o Or to get the album back in the top ten.
    Forum Member
    I hope their management do something to get the promo for the album up and running properly. :(
    Forum Member
    Anyone know roughly how much radio airplay Ego has been getting?
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #14 on this week's radio airplay chart

For comparison:

#1 is Gaga
    #4 is Cheryl Cole (3 words)
    #8 is Joe
    #13 is Alexandra Burke (BH)
    and #15 is Cheryl Cole (FFTL)

So they're getting as much airplay as a song that's been out for 3 months and a song which isn't released for two weeks...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album has jumped up roughly about 60 places from Saturday and is now at #66 in the mid weeks!!!!! :eek::D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Considering the song quality this should have went top five at least. The fact it charted lower than the likes of If This Is Love, Just Can't Get Enough and Forever Is Over is very dissapointing. Saying that i'm sure it will have sold alot more than FIO, which is one good thing, but unless sales really pick up after this promotion I can see it sliding out of the charts pretty quickly. :(

I really think we should start a campaign for one of their songs to get #1. :o Or to get the album back in the top ten.

Maybe start a campaign to re-release Up and get it to #1? That was (is) a brilliant song.
    Forum Member
    The album has jumped up roughly about 60 places from Saturday and is now at #66 in the mid weeks!!!!! :eek::D

Oooh that's good news :) Hope it keeps rising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe start a campaign to re-release Up and get it to #1? That was (is) a brilliant song.

I'd rather do a campaign for 'Work'. It's one of the best songs, imo an #22 is such a let down. :( Saying that I doubt the campaign would work (:p) 'cos The Sats aren't well known enough yet. I could definaely see the girls getting behind it, though? :)

Worth a try? :o
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

great news. Hopefully the week after it'll be in the top 40. :)
    Forum Member
    I'd rather do a campaign for 'Work'. It's one of the best songs, imo an #22 is such a let down. :( Saying that I doubt the campaign would work (:p) 'cos The Sats aren't well known enough yet. I could definaely see the girls getting behind it, though? :)

Worth a try? :o

I like both 'Up' and 'Work'. Imo, 'work' should have been their debut, or second single at least. I don't think If This Is Love was a strong enough debut. I don't dislike the song, but I don't love it either.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, as much as I'd love for these songs to chart higher/re enter, I hate the idea of a campaign just to achieve it! I think it if somehow went in by itself it would be so cool though! :D

I think Up!, Work, Ego, Wordshaker and One Shot are the stronger Sat's songs they have. Well toa upbeat and should've used those to launch their respective albums.

And good job on the album sales if true! :):D:D Although it makes you think how many album sales their are between those chart positions for it to jump 60places! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just made a Facebook group for 'Work'. :o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just made a Facebook group for 'Work'. :o:o:o

Link?:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Link?:p

Deleted it now. :o:p Didn't really wanna be the one who starts it incase it flops, lol.
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to 59 today! Which means via estimates they are likely to sell about 3,500 this week!

Who knows with a decent performance on DOI, could they do 6-7k the next week?!? :eek:
    Forum Member
    delectable wrote: »
    Up to 59 today! Which means via estimates they are likely to sell about 3,500 this week!

Who knows with a decent performance on DOI, could they do 6-7k the next week?!? :eek:

Fingers crossed:D:)
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, so are tehy confirmed for a DOI performance?? :D Good if its true.

edit, nevermind, just read on Fred's Twitter that a pro routine is being made to the Saturdays! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Ego' down to #13. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ego dropped from Radio 1 Playlist. :mad::mad: Bad Romance and TiK ToK remain A-List. :rolleyes:
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bad news, but not the end of the world. Radio 1 played fight for this love at least twice today and it's not been on the playlist for months!
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Ego dropped from Radio 1 Playlist. :mad::mad: Bad Romance and TiK ToK remain A-List. :rolleyes:

But, they are both infinitely more popular and are gonna have end totals so many times larger than Ego! :yawn:
This discussion has been closed.