Options

The Danyl Johnson Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what? I really like Jedward and I like their song just for its utter epic rubbishness. I mean not being funny that is hilarious that they are probably going to get number one when they've shown they can't sing at all.

But this tour is stupid. People spent a lot of money voting for Danyl/Olly/Stacey/Lloyd etc and for them to get sidelined for Jedward seems really unfair.

And the fact that Jedward have a record deal and a single when the ones above them seem to have heard nothing about being signed really is beginning to piss me off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    You know what? I really like Jedward and I like their song just for its utter epic rubbishness. I mean not being funny that is hilarious that they are probably going to get number one when they've shown they can't sing at all.

But this tour is stupid. People spent a lot of money voting for Danyl/Olly/Stacey/Lloyd etc and for them to get sidelined for Jedward seems really unfair.

And the fact that Jedward have a record deal and a single when the ones above them seem to have heard nothing about being signed really is beginning to piss me off.[/
    QUOTE]

Yeah, agreed. Can someone help me out and explain that to me? I thought no contestants were allowed to negotiate deals until the tour was over? Is this a case of making special allowances for Jedward because I'm nearly almost sure they're not signed to syco so must have been allowed to sign for another label? So why are they allowed to move on with their careers at the height of their 'fame' whilst the rest are held back?

On such a downer this week, sorry:(

Oh and just to make it clear, I have nothing against Jedward personally. Not my taste but I appreciate others like them. This is just about the fact that the contestants are not being treated equally. :(
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel - if Simon gives permission, that's the reason and they are with Sony so part of SBMG family.

To be fair Jedward are responsible for the tour being double the size it normally is, it's normally 23/24 dates, it's about 53 I think.

So long as Danyl does the usual 3 for 4th place, I'll be OK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mel - if Simon gives permission, that's the reason and they are with Sony so part of SBMG family.

To be fair Jedward are responsible for the tour being double the size it normally is, it's normally 23/24 dates, it's about 53 I think.

So long as Danyl does the usual 3 for 4th place, I'll be OK.

QM, thanks for letting me know. So Simon gave permission for them to release a record now and capitalise on their popularity but not anyone else thus far?

Appreciate not Jedwards fault and they are just capitalising on their popularity but sure there must have been interest for other contestants too but they've been held back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An exception was made wh JLS as well last year. So far as I understand it Danyl will only be getting 2 songs on the tour because the extra one will be going to Jedward, although I am not sure if this is no conjecture on the newspapers part.

I kinda feel like Danyl needs to be signed sooner rather than later especially given the fact he will probably get negative press again during the tour and I worry that no one will want to sign him if he's got a reputation for being a bit of a diva.

If Olly and Stacey get deals and Danyl doesn't I may be forced to smack someone in the head :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    An exception was made wh JLS as well last year. So far as I understand it Danyl will only be getting 2 songs on the tour because the extra one will be going to Jedward, although I am not sure if this is no conjecture on the newspapers part.

I kinda feel like Danyl needs to be signed sooner rather than later especially given the fact he will probably get negative press again during the tour and I worry that no one will want to sign him if he's got a reputation for being a bit of a diva.

If Olly and Stacey get deals and Danyl doesn't I may be forced to smack someone in the head :D

Do the contestants get that much press on tour though? I wouldn't know because last year i didn't go on digital spy or read the tabloids, so....

If he does get press though i don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as it was on the show but that's just me.

Also, I'm with you with hitting someone in the back of the head :D:p
  • Options
    lisa1972lisa1972 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member

hahaha kate :D i will be right behind you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the contestants get that much press on tour though? I wouldn't know because last year i didn't go on digital spy or read the tabloids, so....

If he does get press though i don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as it was on the show but that's just me.

Also, I'm with you with hitting someone in the back of the head :D:p

Kitty the gutter rags witll write anything, and the famous 'insider' often rears their head.

Kate - do you know for sure that Danyl is singing only 2 - now I am hacked off!!!:mad:

So Lucy, Jamie, lloyd & Danyl 2 and Olly and Stacey 4:rolleyes:..sorry,I'd know where I'd prune!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wait, have I got this right? Danyl's giving up one of his songs so jedward can have an extra song?

If that's right i'd be bloody fuming if i were danyl
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kitty the gutter rags witll write anything, and the famous 'insider' often rears their head.

Kate - do you know for sure that Danyl is singing only 2 - now I am hacked off!!!:mad:

So Lucy, Jamie, lloyd & Danyl 2 and Olly and Stacey 4:rolleyes:..sorry,I'd know where I'd prune!

Haha! QM we're on the same wavelength, just did not get all the love for her at all.:eek:

Do we know for certain that Dan only has 2 songs, god I wish he would tweet again. I'm a pessimist and always think the worst when no news. Hopefully Lisa/Kate will find out more news when they are in Luton tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel we dont know 100%, but what XF contestant always got shafted on the show and what contestants got it all handy and easy?

Yes, want him just to do one little tweet, but he's gone quiet again unfortunately...which makes me worry more!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree, he got shafted left right and centre whilst others (ie 2nd and 3rd) could do no wrong. So I would not be surprised if one of Dan's songs was sacrificed for Jedward.

Yes, he has gone very quiet on twitter and like you I'm just hoping he will tweet to say how things are going. And Alec (his TM) has removed his twitter account, I've been putting 2 and 2 together and making 5!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will continue to get shafted cos that is the way it has been set up.

I don't know that he only has two songs, but I am going by the newspapers and the fact that they said that people who finished after jedward are only going to get two which suggests Lloyd and Danyl. To be honest i just think that is a bit of a piss take.

Anyway, I am not in a good mood about all of this anyway.

If Danyl wants to get signed then I hope he manages to acheive it despite the things that have been thrown at him. But tbh if i was him I would be wondering whether it was all bloody worth it? Especially given the comments he made at the Reading gig about being able to sing what he wanted and if Simon didn't like it he didn't have to sign him. To me that was pretty telling...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but I am in a frigging awful mood today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is right about Danyl only singing two songs on the tour, I am royally p"""ed off! Have not had a good day today, so am already in a foul mood. :mad:
  • Options
    lisa1972lisa1972 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    :( cheer up kate, as you have siad to me many times before it is up to him what he does and the way he goes. I yhink we have all got far too involved with Mr Johnson and i am agreeing you when i say it is time for him to stand on his own two feet and find his way. Us worrying about him isnt going to make any difference - you told me that!!

If he doesnt want it, then he doesnt have to go for it and he hopefully will go back to his empty spaces stuff and gig with them and i for one will love to see him perform his own songs far more often
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To add perspective, do you remember Ben Mills,2007 finished 3rd. He got an album deal from Sony - they produced a very rushed album in a matter of months - it sold 100k. It has taken him 3 years to produce his follow up which he is distributing himself from his website.

So 'getting signed' is not the golden challice it may seem, unless the record company are really putting the right energy behind you e.g. Diana Vickers has had some great writers working with her and RCA have taken their time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That 3am article cheered me up, I can't wait to see a video of the overs again :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, danyl seems very happy on twitter, and if he's happy we should be happy :)

Oh and what happened to that podcast that danyl and alan car were doing, could've sworn i heard something about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he has loads of video diaries just needs to up-load them !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From horses mouth at Luton gig last night - Danyl singing 3 songs as had been the plan all along and the norm for 4th place. The others are singing 3 - assume that#s Jedward, Stacey & Ollie. Joe only one singing more.

So some press stiring there and publicity for jedward in the week their single is available for DL.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From horses mouth at Luton gig last night - Danyl singing 3 songs as had been the plan all along and the norm for 4th place. The others are singing 3 - assume that#s Jedward, Stacey & Ollie. Joe only one singing more.

So some press stiring there and publicity for jedward in the week their single is available for DL.

Thanks for letting us know Maeve. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BB6fan wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know Maeve. :)

Yes sounds like the press up to their usual tricks. Makes me so annoyed, why do I fall for it each time?

My problem is I'm so honest that I expect others to be honest too. God knows how the press get away with writing such c**p, I don't know what to believe and what not!

So glad I'm not in the public eye, think I would struggle to cope with some of the untrue stuff thats been written about Dan.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Few! That's cheered me up, I feel sorry for lloyd though, bless him.

Also, I looked at danyl's favourites today on twitter and it turns out that kandy rain got in contact with him to tell him about there new single. Which is weird cos i didn't think they got along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mele_Mel wrote: »
    Yes sounds like the press up to their usual tricks. Makes me so annoyed, why do I fall for it each time?

My problem is I'm so honest that I expect others to be honest too. God knows how the press get away with writing such c**p, I don't know what to believe and what not!

So glad I'm not in the public eye, think I would struggle to cope with some of the untrue stuff thats been written about Dan.

I'm like you as well, everytime i read something in the tasbloids about 98% of me thinks "okay, it's just tabloid crap, I doubt there's any truth in it" and then a tiny part of me thinks "Why would they lie about something like that?"

It's true though, the gutter press really do sell a lot of shit just to make money, whether it's magazines, interviews, newspapers etc. It's makes me so mad, the media is terrible these days. When did it get so bad?
This discussion has been closed.