Options

Beth Ditto campaigns to ban size zero

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    She's got a lot of stick for saying it anyway. I think if it was someone that wasn't overweight saying this then this conclusion would not have been reached.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linzeebe wrote: »
    She's got a lot of stick for saying it anyway. I think if it was someone that wasn't overweight saying this then this conclusion would not have been reached.

Well that's your opinion.

I've never heard anyone wanting to ban a dress size before; maybe her weight is irrelevant to this - maybe it isn't. But maybe she should let people concentrate on her music rather than commenting on sizes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably because not many people who are under size 12 go around saying large sizes should be banned, do they?

Yet it's quite alright for her to criticise the ideals of being thinner and shaving our armpits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that's your opinion.

I've never heard anyone wanting to ban a dress size before; maybe her weight is irrelevant to this - maybe it isn't. But maybe she should let people concentrate on her music rather than commenting on sizes.

Having not heard the interview, the chances are that this was one comment made in a whole interview, yet it is what people have chosen to focus on. There has been a lot of discussion on banning Size 0 whether from shops or the catwalk, the only reason this is caused such upset is because Beth Ditto probably never has or will be a size 0.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JennyZZ wrote: »
    Probably because not many people who are under size 12 go around saying large sizes should be banned, do they?

Yet it's quite alright for her to criticise the ideals of being thinner and shaving our armpits.

Has she criticized people for shaving their armpits? I am not trying to be argumentative, I've just not seen this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has not criticsed it - she just wishes people were not so freaked out by it.
    I think she is right, it looks great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she criticized people for shaving their armpits? I am not trying to be argumentative, I've just not seen this.

I don't think so. :)

Hope that wasn't too hysterical for anybody :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, yeah. Not criticised as in told people they're idiots for doing it or whatever. Just saying by doing it people are conforming.

I don't know about everyone but I think most women do it because they want to, not because they are pressured into it.

Her general attitude seems to be "I don't conform, others should do what I do". It's come across again in this article.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No just the right level of hysteria I'd say!
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not at all - it's only when you referred to the thread as inhumane that IMHO you came across as 'slightly hysterical':rolleyes:
  • Options
    pure_plasticpure_plastic Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    She has not criticsed it - she just wishes people were not so freaked out by it.
    I think she is right, it looks great.

No boys Ive shagged think it looks great, they think it looks dirty and manly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No boy i've shagged has not liked it- don't we live in a diverse world? :eek::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That certainly does sound attractive! :eek::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Is that because you had hairy pits?! To be honest I don't know why I am bothering to reply to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But women with hairy armpits is just gross, well all my boys think so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is that because you had hairy pits?! To be honest I don't know why I am bothering to reply to you.

Of course I didnt, but we had a discussion about it at college once and we all agreed its rank for women to have hairy armpits luvs ya x x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But women with hairy armpits is just gross, well all my boys think so

With such a wonderful personality and with an obvious drop dead faultless body; I bow in deference.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 71,013
    Administrator
    It appears we have digressed from the topic itself.

Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.