Team Hali - Harry Judd & Aliona Vilani Appreciation Thread

Comments

• teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I was voting for Chelsee but Harry was very close to my fav. He danced beautifully and I'm happy for him, Aliona and all of you guys.

I have no idea why they don't allow enough time for the winner and runner up to say their piece. It always seems like such an anti-climax.

I felt the same last year when Matt & Aliona lost the final.

Funny how the pair out first, i.e. Jason and Kristina get plenty of time to have their say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    If the celeb and pro are both touring, they don't split them up, so yes, Harry & Aliona will be dancing together. I'm actually excited for the tour now :D

Ahh thanks. Makes sense!

I'm excited too!
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Harry and Aliona.

I haven't been Aliona's biggest fan in the past, but she has grown on me in the last 5 or 6 weeks. She and Harry were very worthy winners.:)
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm seriously struggling to understand the hate for Harry and McFly on the MF. It makes no sense what-so-ever.

Anywho, yay!! McFly double!! And so happy for Aliona too. I was gutted last year when M and A came second. She seemed to be in shock at the end, bless her.
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I'm seriously struggling to understand the hate for Harry and McFly on the MF. It makes no sense what-so-ever.

Anywho, yay!! McFly double!! And so happy for Aliona too. I was gutted last year when M and A came second. She seemed to be in shock at the end, bless her.

because the MF loves Chelsee... sadly the uk didn't agree :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    deisegirl wrote: »
    McFly are sooooo annoying....then again I don't have any interest in boybands at all and only took a shine to Harry for his dancing (The fact that he is easy on the eye helped I suppose...) and for the fact that I loved Aliona from last year.

Speaking of last year, I was very sad the way M&A just got shunted off to the side so I can understand the way Chelsee & Pasha fans feel about that.
    Completely agree. I'm not going to talk about Mcfly on here, just want to appreciate how fantastic Harry and Aliona have been this year - a joy to watch :).

Thrilled for Aliona in particular for all her hard work this series and of course Harry! Amazing...so this is what it feels like when your favourite wins! :D:p

It's been a pleasure reading everybody's posts as well (especially from the gracious Chelsee fans) and to get a sense of how excited people are up and down the country!
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member

The MF is like this every year after the final. People have yet to feel the Christmas spirit!
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Funny how the pair out first, i.e. Jason and Kristina get plenty of time to have their say.

I actually found that a bit rushed this year too - Kristina didn't get to say anything!

Why on earth the BBC think we want to know what people around the country thought of Strictly this year in a 5-minute long VT I don't know :rolleyes:
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    The MF is like this every year after the final. People have yet to feel the Christmas spirit!

Last year the Forum Favourite won so all was well in the world :D
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't vote tonight since I was split between Harry and Chelsee, but I'm really pleased for Harry & Aliona that they won and they make most worthy winners.

I'm particularly pleased for Aliona considering she came 2nd last year and that she's not always been appreciated as much as she might have been. She devised some great routines for Harry and their Quickstep, AT, VW and American Smooth in particular were all fantastic.

So congratulations to Harry, Aliona and everyone on here who supported them through the series. :)
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at your pm's Jon :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at your pm's Jon :p

Just did
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it seems the MF forum polls don't perhaps reflect the public at large after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »
    I'm particularly pleased for Aliona considering she came 2nd last year and that she's not always been appreciated as much as she might have been. She devised some great routines for Harry and their Quickstep, AT, VW and American Smooth in particular were all fantastic.

Agree with all of this. I also loved the draaaaaama of the tango but I understand the lack of time in hold was an issue.
  • SueDevonSueDevon Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Yes, it seems the MF forum polls don't perhaps reflect the public at large after all.

Thank goodness :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time my favourite was the "forum favourite" was Mark Ramprakash but that seems like forever ago now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    well done team hali - im a chelsee fan but think harry and aliona have been a great pair and are worthy winners.
  • Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can watch the winning moment again, and I have to say seeing it again I did laugh at the McFly boys rushing to Harry then Aliona to hug her. :D The win looks even better second, third and fouth time again! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16224867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its nice to have some Chelsee fans supporting the Harry and Aliona win, they are the decent ones, unlike the bitter ones on the MF
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its nice to have some Chelsee fans supporting the Harry and Aliona win, they are the decent ones, unlike the bitter ones on the MF

Absolutely!! Chelsee & Pasha and Jason & Kristina were great and helped make this the best series ever.

That makes Harry and Aliona's achievement all the more special.
  • dancing-girldancing-girl Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can watch the winning moment again, and I have to say seeing it again I did laugh at the McFly boys rushing to Harry then Aliona to hug her. :D The win looks even better second, third and fouth time again! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16224867

Just watched again and just noticed Harry's dad on the floor! What a night, so happy for Team Hali
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I had to decide on whether to be neutral or choose between Harry and Chelsee, but because I am a fan of Aliona, that swung my decision, but it was hard to watch Chelsee when she looked upset at times during the final.

So I really appreciate the Chelsee fans who have come on here and been gracious about Harry winning.

Both Chelsee and Harry did all they could - it was just at the whim of the public who did win.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    WHOO HOO EVERYONE WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D X 100 of these

just got back from sunny Stroud where I saw the whole thing in 3D:D and sent my votes in from the cold standing in the street

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.:eek::D:D

I was so nervous the whole night, am just rewatching the show again now.

Harry and Aliona were brilliant, I loved their showdance, and their QS coverned the whole floor, which is really big in 3D:D

I felt sorry for Jason, as for me on the night he danced better than Chelsee, although I think Chelsee was better during the series. tight call for second place.

Well done all 3 finalists, it was a great show.

off to read the MF now...read all your posts a bit later
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so happy right now

Aliona and Harry were absolutely amazing tonight and are worthy winners

Their AS made me cry - again - I loved their daring showdance, the QS was spectacular and worked even better on the bigger floor and their AT was mesmorising

Chelsee was fabulous too and I adore her and Pasha together and would have been happy if she had won too

It was a very exciting final and I honestly didnt know who would lift the glitterball between Harry, Jason and Chelsee

But YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Team Hali rock!!!!!
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

Totally agree about the bad mouthing of the Mcfly boys storming the dance floor. What is peoples problem, they were just so excited for Harry after doing so well. What lovely lads, supporting each other and showing no jealousy. So over the moon for the boys. Double Whammy for both Dougie and Harry and the best dancers won this year. They were totally amazing! So glad that I voted!