Options

Lewis

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great! Something to look forward to in the horrible month of January!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Annoys me splitting like this. At least the BBC with Silent Witness do it on consecutive nights.

ITV do the same with DCI Banks having the week gap.

Means I will record and can then watch both episodes back to back every fortnight.

For me the question is whether or not they were filmed/edited to be shown like this.
    ITV have been doing this for repeats of Midsomer Murders in the afternoons and it is just so horribly obvious that the episodes were never designed for this :(.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

As much as im excited and looking forward to the new and last ever series I hate the 2 x 1 hour format.....I hate waiting a week to get the resoultion! Least the Boxset is out in Feburary so I won't have long to rewatch them all back to back (I assume they will show both parts in one ep on the DVD's.)

Im glad that Laura and Lewis finally get together though...I was doubting if there ever were after S6. :D
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping the tradition would carry on with the next series after this being called "Hathaway", but it doesn't look like it is going to happen. :(

Still, this and Death in Paradise being on in January is something to look forward to. :)
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm capable of putting up with two hours of Barrington Phelong's "long-note noodling" background music.

I might have to go for subtitles and muted sound.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this last series of Lewis been repeated yet?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITV have officially ordered an eighth season but unfortunately it will keep the same format they had for the seventh season

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/02/itv-renews-lewis-eighth-season/
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news!! im not bothered about the parts,aslong as we get more episodes
  • Options
    TbellTbell Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Wow! I'm really surprised by this as it seemed like both actors were done with it.
    I'm actually a bit nervous about it because they seemed to draw a line so firmly under it in the last episode.
    Still, I'll look forward to seeing it:)
  • Options
    Night OwlNight Owl Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Great news! Hope not an early April fools :p
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Laurence Fox had gone to live in the USA permanently and had left Lewis, or did I dream that?
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbell wrote: »
    Wow! I'm really surprised by this as it seemed like both actors were done with it.
    I'm actually a bit nervous about it because they seemed to draw a line so firmly under it in the last episode.
    Still, I'll look forward to seeing it:)

I know I will be in the minority here, but I think this is due to ITV losing their footie next year, and needed a stable ratings format to slot in midweek.

As to the actors being "done with it" ITV probably flashed the cash. Well, at least we get three evenings enjoyment (I will not watch half a story) out of it.
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I don't think either actor said they were done with it, just that they wanted a year off. Now they've had a year off, they're back to film the new series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm writing a Lewis fic, which can be read here if you fancy it: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1178286
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Laurence Fox had gone to live in the USA permanently and had left Lewis, or did I dream that?

I read that too but he's doing a play in London at the moment so he's back at the moment. I suppose as an actor you have to go where you can get work.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    I read that too but he's doing a play in London at the moment so he's back at the moment. I suppose as an actor you have to go where you can get work.

Read an interview just now where he says they changed their minds about the States. They got Visas evidently and then changed their minds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read an interview just now where he says they changed their minds about the States. They got Visas evidently and then changed their minds.

That explains it. Lucky for us anyway. :)