Why do so many rock and indie fans think...

Comments

• Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to listen to Olly Murs, go right ahead... just don't expect everyone else to toe the line. Modern pop builds itself on egotistical bullshit, Beyonce and Michael Jackson both being the main culprits of it all.

It's a shame you can't see why people sneer at said fans who idolize those who represent true narcissism.

I don't expect everyone to have the same interests, but I certainly don't expect to be criticised for it. Keep going at it, keep proving my point.

It's a shame you can't see past your ignorant views. God forbid you ever listen to an upbeat, fun song, but go ahead and stick with your depressing indie music, no skin off my nose ^_^
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP.

I can't stand those crazy rock/heavy metal fans who think the music they love is "real music".

Per-lease. Save it for someone who cares.
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to listen to Olly Murs, go right ahead... just don't expect everyone else to toe the line. Modern pop builds itself on egotistical bullshit, Beyonce and Michael Jackson both being the main culprits of it all.

It's a shame you can't see why people sneer at said fans who idolize those who represent true narcissism.

Aren't any rock bands/singers egotistical? I could name many.

It's a shame you can't see past your ignorance either. You seem to feel your opinion is the only thing that counts. Sorry to burst your bubble but welcome to the real world, Rock isn't more superior than any other genre of music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    I don't expect everyone to have the same interests, but I certainly don't expect to be criticised for it. Keep going at it, keep proving my point.

It's a shame you can't see past your ignorant views. God forbid you ever listen to an upbeat, fun song, but go ahead and stick with your depressing indie music, no skin off my nose ^_^

Sigh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    I agree with OP.

I can't stand those crazy rock/heavy metal fans who think the music they love is "real music".

But it's obviously bothering-... oh, nevermind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh and hold up, "egotistical"? Oh please, y'all are the ones slating it in the first place. An indie fan claiming pop singers to be "egotistical"? I watched the BRITs, the Artic Monkeys were the most ignorant, ungrateful winners, truly appalling. Watch Beyoncé's, Katy's etc. interviews and you'll see most of the pop stars appear really down to earth and normal, unlike the depressed emo indie rock crap you listen to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh.

Me - 1
    You - 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and hold up, "egotistical"? Oh please, y'all are the ones slating it in the first place. An indie fan claiming pop singers to be "egotistical"? I watched the BRITs, the Artic Monkeys were the most ignorant, ungrateful winners, truly appalling. Watch Beyoncé's, Katy's etc. interviews and you'll see most of the pop stars appear really down to earth and normal, unlike the depressed emo indie rock crap you listen to.

I'm more of a Dire Straits type myself...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (cont)... And recently Texas.

Proper Hipster:cool:^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more of a Dire Straits type myself...

Hehe :kitty:
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unlike the depressed emo indie rock crap you listen to.

Damn that depressing emo indie rock crap like this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8_BTCPweA

Down with 4 women having fun on stage, playing instruments completely live!
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Melissa. wrote: »
    I agree with OP.

You speak as if pop fans never ridicule anyone, they just do it in a different way, it'll be all things like you're weird or crazy if you happen to like something other than what is popular.

Not all pop fans obviously, just like not all metal fans give a crap what pop fans do or do not listen to.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I could do with the laugh. Shitney Spears fans going crackers just like her have probably strangled their pet hamsters due to this thread.

That is the kind of bollocks the OP was talking about. I don't particularly like chart music but I would never think that my tastes are in any way superior to others (unless in a jokey way).
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a heavy metal/hard rock fan but I was in a bar in Newcastle over the weekend dancing and leaping about to the likes of Westlife. Fair dos I was pissed as a fart but it it still fun to dance and jump about to fun upbeat pop music now and again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was the one that started this thread and my point was that I can also enjoy abit of indie music as well as chart pop, as well as underground rap as well as many other genres. Mainstream or not well known.
    But there have been times on here where people know nothing about me whatsoever, yet decide to start making assumptions about me and call me names just for stating that I am a fan of such and such. I said something about rap and grime music, which got loads of responses from people assuming im a chav and people saying that I should try listening to real music because rap is just a guy talking nonsense over a beat. When to me rap is so much more than that, there are so many rappers and MCs out there that actually come up with decent and meaningful lyrics.
    I'm a huge fan of electronic dance genres, whether it's mainstream or not and whatever dance genre and I've also been told by people on here yet again 'electronic dance music is not real music, it doesn't require any talent to push a few buttons' which again is really untrue.
    I've been called some really rude names on here before for stating something to do with music.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    You speak as if pop fans never ridicule anyone, they just do it in a different way, it'll be all things like you're weird or crazy if you happen to like something other than what is popular.

Not all pop fans obviously, just like not all metal fans give a crap what pop fans do or do not listen to.

I think it's probably reasonable to say that none of the metal fans I know could give a crap about what any pop fans do or do not listen to.... ;)
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »
    But there have been times on here where people know nothing about me whatsoever, yet decide to start making assumptions about me and call me names

Your an East Enders fan.
    Your ugly.
    You like giving head.
    You hate social stereotypes, unless your giving then out yourself.
    Your use Facebook all the time.
    Your obsessed with not be seen as a chav.

The last three pages of your posting history....
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some, they see musical taste as a reflection of character. To an extreme extent, a defining mark.

I think people take the general content of a genre and link it to the persons world view and self, dismissing the actual person as a whole. Which is wrong. In all honesty, they're just searching for themselves in others or who they want to be.
  • im sooo fatim sooo fat Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Personally I think the 2000s were absolutely the best decade for music. Like it literally shits upon the 60s, 70s and 80s. Don't really care what anyone else thinks :)
  • LED93LED93 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Personally I think the 2000s were absolutely the best decade for music. Like it literally shits upon the 60s, 70s and 80s. Don't really care what anyone else thinks :)

http://gifrific.gifrific.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/michael-jordan-laugh.gif
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »
    I was the one that started this thread and my point was that I can also enjoy abit of indie music as well as chart pop, as well as underground rap as well as many other genres. Mainstream or not well known.
    But there have been times on here where people know nothing about me whatsoever, yet decide to start making assumptions about me and call me names just for stating that I am a fan of such and such. I said something about rap and grime music, which got loads of responseis from people assuming im a chav and people saying that I should try listening to real music because rap is just a guy talking nonsense over a beat. When to me rap is so much more than that, there are so many rappers and MCs out there that actually come up with decent and meaningful lyrics.
    I'm a huge fan of electronic dance genres, whether it's mainstream or not and whatever dance genre and I've also been told by people on here yet again 'electronic dance music is not real music, it doesn't require any talent to push a few buttons' which again is really untrue.
    I've been called some really rude names on here before for stating something to do with music.

Wow what a shock, people are rude and make generalisations and assumptions on internet forums. I will have to phone BBC news with such an exclusive!

Stop whinging and get over it, or get of the internet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You mention ignorant views and then call indie music depressing?????

Just like these you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI-kD2XOeJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfgVJr_4mkM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mention ignorant views and then call indie music depressing?????

Just like these you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI-kD2XOeJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfgVJr_4mkM

Didn't even watch the videos ^_^ But seriously, I'm not gonna tiptoe around not to offend you when people like you slate pop music everyday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't even watch the videos ^_^ But seriously, I'm not gonna tiptoe around not to offend you when people like you slate pop music everyday.

You really are making yourself look like an idiot with all these generalisations. All I was doing was providing evidence that not all indie is depressing. I didn't 'slate' anything and you obviously have a massive chip on your sholder.

I don't give a crap what you or anyone else listens to and I don't particularly care what anyone says about what I listen to, however if I feel I can provide evidence of where they may be mistaken I will provide it.
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really are making yourself look like an idiot with all these generalisations. All I was doing was providing evidence that not all indie is depressing. I didn't 'slate' anything and you obviously have a massive chip on your sholder.

I don't give a crap what you or anyone else listens to and I don't particularly care what anyone says about what I listen to, however if I feel I can provide evidence of where they may be mistaken I will provide it.

The only way he'll ever listen to those songs is if someone sings them on the X factor. People like him are not interested in anything outside of what is right in front of them, I hesitate to use the term blinkered but I guess if that's enough for them then so be it - but it just seems such a limited diet.