Options

Oasis set for comeback???

shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
Forum Member
✭✭
Apparently they are due to be announced as a glastonbury headliner :o Do you believe it? Really not sure myself.

Comments

• Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't believe anything until I hear it come out of Noel's mouth.
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well with Liam's tweet and the fact they cannot announce the Sat headliner till May makes it look likely. Love Oasis but it will be so shameful for Noel to go back after saying no all those years
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not gonna happen, not for a while anyway.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis has tweeted to confirm that Oasis are not playing Glastonbury this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27173280
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I won't believe anything until I hear it come out of Noel's mouth.

Agreed. I don't think a reunion would be good either... Liams voice is naff now. And I never could take to Andy Bell or Gem. They both just struck me as passengers in the band who got lucky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glastonbury don't pay their headliners much at all, often bands make a loss playing their but do it for the prestige. I imagine when they do comeback in a couple of years they'll do their own huge shows to maximise profit. Divorcing an All Saint ain't cheap!
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poll is closed and the votes have been counted...
    http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45050_Oasis_122_466lo.jpg
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    Glastonbury don't pay their headliners much at all, often bands make a loss playing their but do it for the prestige. I imagine when they do comeback in a couple of years they'll do their own huge shows to maximise profit. Divorcing an All Saint ain't cheap!

Really? How do you know what they are paid?

I imagine Liam had a pre-nup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? How do you know what they are paid?

I imagine Liam had a pre-nup.

Because it's widely reported that's how. http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/69460

How so you know about Liam's private finances?
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I don't think a reunion would be good either... Liams voice is naff now. And I never could take to Andy Bell or Gem. They both just struck me as passengers in the band who got lucky.

Liam's voice has always been naff!
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, he's always been terrible live. Never understood how some people failed to pick up on that during their early years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah, right up until the 00s it suited the songs... now he sounds like he's struggling. Go listen to a Beady Eye 2012 live song and then a 94, there's a very big difference.
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this actually happens I will be BUZZING.

I am such a fan and want an eighth studio album so much.

But only if Noel and Liam have genuinely made amends and aren't just doing it for the money.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    Because it's widely reported that's how. http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/69460

How so you know about Liam's private finances?

The clue is in the words 'I imagine'.

That link says nothing about bands making a loss by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clue is in the words 'I imagine'.

That link says nothing about bands making a loss by the way.

That's because you asked 'How do you know what they are paid?', I posted a link to give you information about that point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Just what the world needs, another over the hill band making a comeback.
  • Options
    DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the truth of Liam voice is this. He used to speak and sing in a very thick (I do not necessarily mean in intellect, but I'm sure that will raise a chortle or two) Manc council estate accent. He used to do a bit too much slurred oveeeer-prrronuuuuunciaaaaa-tion in his singing and it gave him a very distinct unique vocal sound. No he wasn't technically a good singer, but you're sort of missing the point if you attack him for that. It didn't matter cause it added to the laddy swagger of the band. For lads of a similar mentality he became their hero because they thought if he can do it, I can do it.

Then he married the All Saints girl. And she taught him how to speak properly. This ruined his singing voice because his whole vocal routine was based around the fact that he couldn't talk properly.

Its not now that he can't "sing," its that he says everything clearly. Now he has lost his working class accent he is screwed. And he can never get that back now, its a bit like he's opened Pandora's box-no going back!

And as for Oasis getting back together, no chance. Noel has made his money and fallen out with his brother too many times. I don't think he cares anymore.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the truth of Liam voice is this. He used to speak and sing in a very thick (I do not necessarily mean in intellect, but I'm sure that will raise a chortle or two) Manc council estate accent. He used to do a bit too much slurred oveeeer-prrronuuuuunciaaaaa-tion in his singing and it gave him a very distinct unique vocal sound. No he wasn't technically a good singer, but you're sort of missing the point if you attack him for that. It didn't matter cause it added to the laddy swagger of the band. For lads of a similar mentality he became their hero because they thought if he can do it, I can do it.

Then he married the All Saints girl. And she taught him how to speak properly. This ruined his singing voice because his whole vocal routine was based around the fact that he couldn't talk properly.

Its not now that he can't "sing," its that he says everything clearly. Now he has lost his working class accent he is screwed. And he can never get that back now, its a bit like he's opened Pandora's box-no going back!

And as for Oasis getting back together, no chance. Noel has made his money and fallen out with his brother too many times. I don't think he cares anymore.

I think Noel is enjoying the hassle free time he has working on his own without having to deal with Liam's attitude.
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Liam Gallagher is these days simply experimenting in trying to sing with your teeth clenched. I preferred it when he opened his entire mouth to sing but some people like this Avant-garde stuff