Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the tension between Imogen and Amber exploding into a scrap. And I agree about the pool. Still, another good epsidoe. Neighbours really is good at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed Paige and Amber's sniping at the table, some of the digs they were getting in were pretty funny. I love post-reveal Paige even more she's such a great character.

Really good to see a proper soap catfight today, between that and the awesome Sonya/Naomi slap the other week you realise Neighbours doesn't do either nearly enough. Lol at Therese's insuation it's all Paige's fault

Say what you want about Mason, but at least he didn't mumble like Nate does, I'm guessing he is Ex Army or something going off the picture on the funeral booklet and the comments Nate was making about his mate
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't often post here but I'm an avid reader! Just had to say though, what a beautiful scene between Lauren and Matt. I was actually tearing up by the end. I'm so glad they didn't go down the more predictable route of Matt seeking consolation in the arms of the "corporate ball-breaker" (got to love Paige!) and ditto Lauren and Brad - at least not yet - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Can't wait for tonight's ep, Neighbours is on fire at the moment.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Neighbours so much right now. It's in incredible form. I'm finding myself having to watch at Aus pace as I can't get enough of it, and there are some fantastic scenes coming up.

Jason Herbison needs to be cemented to this programme and not allowed to leave, he's done a fantastic job of rejuvenating the show. Paige and Naomi have been such wonderful additions.

The days of Rani's play are now a long, distant memory.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    I'm loving Neighbours so much right now. It's in incredible form. I'm finding myself having to watch at Aus pace as I can't get enough of it, and there are some fantastic scenes coming up.

Jason Herbison needs to be cemented to this programme and not allowed to leave, he's done a fantastic job of rejuvenating the show. Paige and Naomi have been such wonderful additions.

The days of Rani's play are now a long, distant memory.

Thank the lord!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rani's play! God, I'd blotted that out! It's just come thundering back.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

I'm so sorry. I'm willing to pay for your therapy sessions...:blush:

I'm even warming to Brennan for the first time. I feel Kate's character dragged him down.
  • Options
    Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

me too - grrrrr
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Therese is fast becoming annoying, if she gets hit by a bus... I'd be ok with that lol.
  • Options
    (R)ED(R)ED Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    So Imogan's jealous of Daniel & Amber because she likes Daniel.

I think that I'd prefer Amber if she was single for a while and I wanted Daniel with Imogen from the start.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I love Terese, and I'm glad she saw that Imogen was the villain. I hope she will apologize to Paige.

Imogen had two epiphanies today: 1) she secretly likes Daniel, and 2) she admitted she's been nasty lately. Now, all she's got to do is stop being nasty and all will be fine.

I quite liked the Bailey story today. I think Calen MacKenzie played those scenes pretty natural, and I've not been all that fussed by him before.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    The scenes of Josh Willis roaming around the street starters will no doubt be reminiscent of Henry Ramsay doing the same thing all those years ago...!
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    The scenes of Josh Willis roaming around the street starters will no doubt be reminiscent of Henry Ramsay doing the same thing all those years ago...!

That's what it reminded me of!!! :D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    I'm so sorry. I'm willing to pay for your therapy sessions...:blush:

I'm even warming to Brennan for the first time. I feel Kate's character dragged him down.

He's improved massively since Kate's death, I even quite like Brennan now :o similarly I'm getting fonder of Josh now he's away from Amber. For something I really didn't think would work and was slightly dreading, Josh/Naomi's is surprisingly enjoyable and working well.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually found myself feeling sorry for Terese today despite the fact she's being portrayed as the 'baddie'. It must be hard adjusting to learning your partner has another child with someone else. She put a lot of effort into celebrating Brad's birthday and he walked out on her. To then catch him meeting in secret with his ex-girlfriend and their daughter it's no wonder she's annoyed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually found myself feeling sorry for Terese today despite the fact she's being portrayed as the 'baddie'. It must be hard adjusting to learning your partner has another child with someone else. She put a lot of effort into celebrating Brad's birthday and he walked out on her. To then catch him meeting in secret with his ex-girlfriend and their daughter it's no wonder she's annoyed.

I'd be p!ssed off by that too. Especially as Brad didn't tell Terese the truth about going there.
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terese was doing my head in, but now I'm starting to feel sorry for her, I really can't stand Imogen though.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    He's improved massively since Kate's death, I even quite like Brennan now :o similarly I'm getting fonder of Josh now he's away from Amber. For something I really didn't think would work and was slightly dreading, Josh/Naomi's is surprisingly enjoyable and working well.

It's amazing. Josh and Brennan are a thousand times better without those actresses dragging them down. They've totally got their spark back.

And I love Josh and Naomi.

I agree. I felt massively for Terese! I confess I'm not that fond of Lauren as I always feel she's trying to rekindle things with Brad - albeit slow and subtly!
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »

THose poor gnomes of Sheila's! First they're used to hide ill-gotten gains and now to preserve a chap's modesty! Poor little fellas!
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    BIB: He didn't even eat any of the cake she bought, either!

I'm glad she's realised that how she's been acting has been all wrong. I do believe she wants to fix things, too. How awful for her see her husband having fun with his ex and their long-lost daughter eating cake that Lauren made, celebrating his birthday. That must have stung!

I think Imogen would have stayed longer if Josh hadn't of bolted. While he's improved as a character without Amber, he's still self obsessed enough to walk on his dad's birthday for a booty call! And is that all they got Brad - PJs?! Poor guy.
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I agree. I felt massively for Terese! I confess I'm not that fond of Lauren as I always feel she's trying to rekindle things with Brad - albeit slow and subtly!
    I feel that, too. It's like subconsciously Lauren wants to recapture what was once lost with Brad. I believe she does love her family with Matt, but I think if the chance ever came up, she would ditch Matt for Brad in a heart beat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i'm absolutely loving Josh and Naomi together..their scenes are funny :D

Absolutely loathe that new lad Nate ..crap actor--hope he ain't staying for long

Love Amber and Paige fighting etc lol
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi is the best new character in years imo. Neighbours has a terrible habit of employing actors with absolutely no charisma. She is a nice change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naomi is the best new character in years imo. Neighbours has a terrible habit of employing actors with absolutely no charisma. She is a nice change.

This is what has peeved me off with Neighbours for years now. The actors used to make the characters fun and interesting and didn't just act straight laced and bland all the time. Then the show went down this route and the characters became boring and bland. It seems to be getting back to its old self now with characters who have a twinkle in their eyes. There's still some crap characters though - Matt for example.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bailey, Chris, Nate, Kyle, Georgia, Josh, Imogen, Amber, Daniel - there's barely a shred of stage presence or charisma between them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bailey, Chris, Nate, Kyle, Georgia, Josh, Imogen, Amber, Daniel - there's barely a shred of stage presence or charisma between them

Aaaah for the days of Scott and Charlene, haha. I'm surprised Kyle gets off so lightly on here as I find him hideously wooden. I don't mind Chris or Georgia though.
This discussion has been closed.