The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 46)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,747
Administrator
Envoirment wrote: »
Perhaps she's recording new songs for the US release of Glassheart? I really hope they don't give up on the album's release and just end it with the UK tour and new album out next year. Glassheart has so much potential :(
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761727

Comments

• soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah new part.
      I also hope that Envoirment. Would love Glassheart to do well in US, and I definitely think it has the potential to do so.
    • Skye.91Skye.91 Posts: 697
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I think she is recording approx 4 or 5 new songs for the US Release.

US Tracklist (My prediction with official unreleased song titles that didn't leaked yet)

01. Come Alive
      02. Glassheart
      03. Trouble
      04. Sugar
      05. Burn
      06. Favourite Scar
      07. Shake You Up
      08. Dark Love City Streets
      09. Black Water
      10. Un Love Me
      11. Lovebird
      12. Fireflies (Possible Duet)

---Bonus Tracks---

13. Me, You and the Music
      14. Cold Hearted
      15. Desert Rain
      16. When It Hurts
      17. Collide

---Missing UK Tracks---

18. I to You
      19. Stop the Clocks
      20. Fingerprint

My tracklist is just too wishful thinking but at least it's possible!!
    • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I think she meant recording a new album after the tour
    • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Perhaps we'll see the Lovebird video by the end of this part!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Soeplepel wrote: »

I doubt a whole new album. I believe the US edition.
    • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

I've just read that now, how interesting. It's given me alot of hope though as there seems to be a clear plan of what will happen after the tour. I was worried she'd be in development hell whilst labels figured out where to go next.

It does make me think it'll be a digital only release for most of the world though and not much extensive promo outside the UK. Perhaps after the tour they'll take the album to the US and spend the rest of the year there? Who knows. Or perhaps she'll go back into the studio with Fraser in London and cut another album for a January 2014 release.
    • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
      Forum Member
      Where did you read it, what did I miss? :eek:
    • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The good thing about her partnership with Fraser is the amount of connections he has. If they are thinking of going towards a Come Alive sound with album #4, I hope she works with Chase & Status. I know a few people might be against her working with Stargate but they are hitmakers, something she desperately needs right now. However, if they pay out for her to work with these types of producers, they need to use their songs as singles. She has a habit of working with Dr Luke, Max Martin but leaving their songs as albums tracks. Which is just madness.

I still hope they release Glassheart in January. My feeling is if that's massively successful, they'll chase that sound with album #4. I wouldn't put it past Syco for making Dance-ona return.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Yes I read it as that too. That's the right decision IMO, try Glassheart as a single in early 2013 and if that fails to take off just move onto the production of the new album. No point wasting time, they did enough of that in 2010/2011. I'm here for the music and only the music.
    • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

That's what I was thinking? I didn't see anything in the interview unless I'm being blind :p
      Forum Member
      gelbma0991 wrote: »
      That's what I was thinking? I didn't see anything in the interview unless I'm being blind :p

I think we got punkd :sleep:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

It's on page 1, look at the far right side near the bottom. Under the question "Is that partly because of your crazy schedules?"
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      gelbma0991 wrote: »
      I think we got punkd :sleep:

Let your eyes check!! :D 1st link, on the right
      Yes I read it as that too. That's the right decision IMO, try Glassheart as a single in early 2013 and if that fails to take off just move onto the production of the new album. No point wasting time, they did enough of that in 2010/2011. I'm here for the music and only the music.

I also think that would be the right decision. I also agree about GH as next single, or CA (I wouldn't mind) so this album could be as a "Hi I'm back again" and then she releases her 4th album somewhere end 2013/ begin 2014 which will be better in sales :)
    • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      It's on page 1, look at the far right side near the bottom. Under the question "Is that partly because of your crazy schedules?"

oooh yeah haha! Silly me :p

Wonder if they're releasing Glassheart completely revamped in the US after her UK tour then releasing a new album here in the last quarter again?

Or even if they release a different album in the US, they'll just have to put Glassheart on there - that song can't not be out in the US! haha :p
      Forum Member
      Oh, look, it's there. That's too unspecific for any conclusion to be honest.
    • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Reads to me as though she will start recording again in the Summer. That's fine but it needs to be a 3 month job at most, there is absolutely no reason for her to take another 12 to 18 months recording.

My biggest concern is that she will end up rehearsing for the tour from January onwards and that there will be no third single, no extensive European promo and no U.S release.

Of course this is Leona and she never seems to have a full grasp of future plans so ill take it all with a pinch of salt! I still think she may find herself out the door at SyCo in the new year but hopefully not.

Also see the Lottery performance has been confirmed for Saturday night, on at the same time as the XF Final so unlikely to be a big ratings getter..
    • Skye.91Skye.91 Posts: 697
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Oh, look, it's there. That's too unspecific for any conclusion to be honest.

Well, there are four possibilities:

1. US Release tracks
      2. Glassheart Re-Release
      3. New Album
      4. Christmas album or Christmas EP
    • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      fodg09 wrote: »
      Also see the Lottery performance has been confirmed for Saturday night, on at the same time as the XF Final so unlikely to be a big ratings getter..

Will the XF Final attract a large audience? Given the IMO mediocre acts remaining I am certainly not excited about who wins.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      DJW13 wrote: »
      Will the XF Final attract a large audience? Given the IMO mediocre acts remaining I am certainly not excited about who wins.

JAHMENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

I said this before but XF got bad since the auditions were in front of a live audience. They should go back to the rooms. Much better and no diva style anymore
    • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      JAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :D

I said this before but XF got bad since the auditions were in front of a live audience. They should go back to the rooms. Much better and no diva style anymore

Fixed it for you ;)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Toy_Hero wrote: »
      Fixed it for you ;)

LMAOOOOO!! hahahaha, f*ck james! :p I prefer Rylan then!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      LMAOOOOO!! hahahaha, f*ck james! :p I prefer Rylan then!

Oh lordy lord... I'll pray for you tonight

Completely of topic, but I notice I have a new follower on twitter called SexToyCity

I see somebody has made me a fantasy land for the Toy Hero ;) LOL .. even if the twitter is about sex toys. :o oh my
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      People need to stop blaming SYCO for everything

It was Leona who pushed for Trouble to be a single
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      MrTaylor wrote: »
      People need to stop blaming SYCO for everything

It was Leona who pushed for Trouble to be a single

True, but Leona wasn't the one who has messed up Lovebird..:o
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Skye.91 wrote: »
      I think she is recording approx 4 or 5 new songs for the US Release.

US Tracklist (My prediction with official unreleased song titles that didn't leaked yet)

01. Come Alive
      02. Glassheart
      03. Trouble
      04. Sugar
      05. Burn
      06. Favourite Scar
      07. Shake You Up
      08. Dark Love City Streets
      09. Black Water
      10. Un Love Me
      11. Lovebird
      12. Fireflies (Possible Duet)

---Bonus Tracks---

13. Me, You and the Music
      14. Cold Hearted
      15. Desert Rain
      16. When It Hurts
      17. Collide

---Missing UK Tracks---

18. I to You
      19. Stop the Clocks
      20. Fingerprint

My tracklist is just too wishful thinking but at least it's possible!!

Lemar has me you and the music now
    This discussion has been closed.