The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KayteJ wrote: »
    Katie said she is not in the early stages of pregnancy recently, so i'm assuming she is 12 weeks onwards in her pregnancy (correct me if i'm wrong)
    Considering she fell off her horse around Jan 24th, this would mean she was pregnant at that time. Yet she still goes horse riding?

Maybe i'm wrong and 'early stages' of pregnancy are classed as less than 12 weeks?

I think most people would class "early stages" as being less than 12 weeks. I find it unbelievable that someone who has history of miscarriages would continue to take part in show jumping whilst pregnant, but even more shocking to carry on after falling off whilst at the early stages, yet she claims to be scared to death that she will miscarry :confused: I know what im thinking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH that means nothing. She has a history of miscarriage, so why tempt fate?

Anyway she's not the rest of the 'riders on Horse and Hound' is she, but knowing her, she probably thinks nasty things only happen to other people.

Seems we are both thinking the same ;)
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I think most people would class "early stages" as being less than 12 weeks. I find it unbelievable that someone who has history of miscarriages would continue to take part in show jumping whilst pregnant, but even more shocking to carry on after falling off whilst at the early stages, yet she claims to be scared to death that she will miscarry :confused: I know what im thinking.

Exactly. Light horse riding is one thing I.e walking, gentle trot. Show jumping is an absolute no no. Silly, selfish moo.:mad:
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well back in Feb she started a juice detox, not sure how great that would be on baby, it's not recommended you juice fast in the early weeks when your pregnant, as your body then uses up energy and Nutrition that the baby needs, KP just doesn't seem to think things through in any area of her life, and she seems like the more people point out to her not to do something, she will do the opposite. either way i hope the baby is healthy when he/she is born.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    Well if the Horse & Hound brigade give the green light then it must be super-safe ...yah ?

I think the views of experienced riders and what they did during their pregnancies has more weight than non riders on a showbiz forum.

One could say that Kate Middleton sleighing carried an element of risk, but its down to individual choice.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    I think the views of experienced riders and what they did during their pregnancies has more weight than non riders on a showbiz forum.

One could say that Kate Middleton sleighing carried an element of risk, but its down to individual choice.

A rider can be as experienced as they like, but that doesn't take in to account that a pregnant woman could be out riding, her horse could be startled by something, rear and throw her off causing the woman to miscarry. Just because it's KP, doesn't make her exempt from having an accident.

The DoC sledging was pretty daft of her too imo..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt you have to be an experienced rider to know, that falling from a horse during early stages of pregnancy is pretty dangerous for the baby, and she DID in fact fall from a horse during early stages of pregnancy, so that fall should of been a warning to her, but that did not stop her from continuing to take part in show jumping. If she is afraid of losing the baby,surely she would be best avoiding anything that may lead to her losing the child, common sense really
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member

Well I think that the views of women in a horsey mag who managed to safely carry their babies to full term are irrelevant in a discussion of whether a woman with previous miscarriages & other related gynaecology issues should be riding horses at all ,much less show jumping.
    The magazine is called 'Horse and Hounds' ,not 'Pregnancy & Miscarriage issues'
    Kate Middleton sleighing does not involve high jumping on a huge unpredictable animal with a risk of falling off from a height & being trampled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm an experienced rider. I wouldn't dream of show jumping whilst pregnant. I know women who ride during pregnancy, and lots who don't. But even the ones that do ride whilst pregnant do not go show jumping.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jordan is a bad role model

JODIE Marsh has hit out at Katie Price yet again — this time branding her a "really bad role model".

Sorry Jodie, we already knew that Love...:D
    Forum Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I'm an experienced rider. I wouldn't dream of show jumping whilst pregnant. I know women who ride during pregnancy, and lots who don't. But even the ones that do ride whilst pregnant do not go show jumping.

Yes,but do you read Horse & Hounds like what Pwicey does ? ;)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jordan is a bad role model

JODIE Marsh has hit out at Katie Price yet again — this time branding her a "really bad role model".

Sorry Jodie, we already knew that Love...:D

Keeps both of their botoxed plastic mooeys in the papers I suppose
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Keeps both of their botoxed plastic mooeys in the papers I suppose

:D:D Do you think they are in cahoots to make a mutual public feud - you scratch my eyes out, I'll scratch yours...?
    Forum Member
    OUCH ! Another earner down the tubes due to her immovable face, inability to enjoy a banter & penchant for dissing prettier girls for no reason.
    =============

Celebrity Juice host Lemon has since vowed that Price will "never" be invited back onto the show, claiming that she was "rubbish" and "wooden" during her previous appearance anyway.
    "Katie is never coming back on Celebrity Juice," he told Reveal. "She was rubbish when she came on before.
    "She was wooden and didn't relax and thought we were trying to take the piss. We were, but that's the point of the show."

• ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that episode and she was mega wooden and seemed so ill at ease I wondered why her management team would even suggest it was a good idea to go on the show.

She takes herself way too seriously, is too much of a control freak and isn't witty enough to banter on a programme where its essential that you can laugh at yourself and enjoy whatever comes your way.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    OUCH ! Another earner down the tubes due to her immovable face, inability to enjoy a banter & penchant for dissing prettier girls for no reason.
    =============

Celebrity Juice host Lemon has since vowed that Price will "never" be invited back onto the show, claiming that she was "rubbish" and "wooden" during her previous appearance anyway.
    "Katie is never coming back on Celebrity Juice," he told Reveal. "She was rubbish when she came on before.
    "She was wooden and didn't relax and thought we were trying to take the piss. We were, but that's the point of the show."

To be fair to KP on this one - she was sat opposite two people with a vocal dislike for her. I'd have been guarded and tense too. Only friends can take the piss and it be funny - not enemies. Bad casting decision.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why even consider going on a show where you know you are going to be guarded and tense? I just wouldn't do it.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    So why even consider going on a show where you know you are going to be guarded and tense? I just wouldn't do it.

Fearne and Holly are permanent fixtures on CJ, so she would have known they'd be on the show. If she doesn't like them, why sign up in the first place?

KP isn't quick witted or self aware enough to be able to stand having the pi$$ mightily ripped out of her, so why go on a show where that'll happen?
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »

Holly would have surely been ok - but that other guy was quite outspoken it seems. You can't know who your fellow guest are when you book in. It was awkward, I have no idea why they invited her on because everyone knows what she's like - she takes ribbing as criticism, probably due to the overwhelming hatred some people have for her over many years. She can't be relaxed about it - I thought that was quite telling.

If anything I thought it showed her to be quite vulnerable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised she went on the show when she has criticised Holly.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly would have surely been ok - but that other guy was quite outspoken it seems. You can't know who your fellow guest are when you book in. It was awkward, I have no idea why they invited her on because everyone knows what she's like - she takes ribbing as criticism, probably due to the overwhelming hatred some people have for her over many years. She can't be relaxed about it - I thought that was quite telling.

If anything I thought it showed her to be quite vulnerable.

I remember that ep (it had the lovely Richard Bacon on :cool:) and I thought she was fine on it. Was she the best guest ever, no, but I've just had a look on Youtube and far as I can see (and from memory) she did join in and was, on the whole pretty self-deprecating. A bit wooden, yes, but that seemed more to do with her being a little nervous at the beginning. I also don't recall any real malice towards her or any point where she took things too seriously or came across badly.

But then I don't hate her so maybe that's something to do with my recollection... ;)

I think Keith's current comments re her being a terrible guest are more to do with what's happened since re Kelly Brook, rather than an accurate account of that episode, evidence for which is on youtube.
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I remember that ep (it had the lovely Richard Bacon on :cool:) and I thought she was fine on it. Was she the best guest ever, no, but I've just had a look on Youtube and far as I can see (and from memory) she did join in and was, on the whole pretty self-deprecating. A bit wooden, yes, but that seemed more to do with her being a little nervous at the beginning. I also don't recall any real malice towards her or any point where she took things too seriously or came across badly.

But then I don't hate her so maybe that's something to do with my recollection... ;)

I think Keith's current comments re her being a terrible guest are more to do with what's happened since re Kelly Brook, rather than an accurate account of that episode, evidence for which is on youtube.

The episode you are referring to was in 2010 with Richard Bacon, and yes KP was self-deprecating.

The episode Keith Lemon was referring to was October 2012 with Spencer Matthews who was particularly rude to KP and Fearne even stood up for her. So would a person be guarded and even be described as wooden if being attacked and not a natural comic with the come backs?

Strange though that Keith Lemon's comments about banning KP from Celebrity Juice were made public several weeks ago, and now being rehashed in that magazine. Viewing figures down then Keith?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episode you are referring to was in 2010 with Richard Bacon, and yes KP was self-deprecating.

The episode Keith Lemon was referring to was October 2012 with Spencer Matthews who was particularly rude to KP and Fearne even stood up for her. So would a person be guarded and even be described as wooden if being attacked and not a natural comic with the come backs?

Strange though that Keith Lemon's comments about banning KP from Celebrity Juice were made public several weeks ago, and now being rehashed in that magazine. Viewing figures down then Keith?

Oops. :D I didn't see that one you're referring to. I've no idea who Spencer Matthews is but if he was being really obnoxious towards her, just for the sake of it, then really, as you say, how exactly is she supposed to react?

PS. Daisy B @ #426 - ignore that!
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Oops. :D I didn't see that one you're referring to. I've no idea who Spencer Matthews is but if he was being really obnoxious towards her, just for the sake of it, then really, as you say, how exactly is she supposed to react?

PS. Daisy B @ #426 - ignore that!

Spencer Matthews.....Made in Chelsea & The Bachelor

I've watched neither of these shows, but was aware of his reputation, which proceeded him.

Unfortunately, when someone tries to belittle or ridicule someone else to make themselves appear big.....all they do in reality is make themselves looks insignificant and insecure.

When done with humour a completely different slant is taken, but as humour is subjective, perhaps some might not find the character Keith Lemon amusing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was very snidey, and as you say just made himself out to be even more unpleasant than we already thought.
This discussion has been closed.