Options

HIlary Mantel Slags Off Princess Kate

Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
Forum Member
Story Here........ Really don't see that Hilary has too much room to shout. She looks like the north end of a soutbound Camel. :cool:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitter old cow
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Story Here........ Really don't see that Hilary has too much room to shout. She looks like the north end of a soutbound Camel. :cool:

BIB ~ Absolutely !!!

What an extraordinary and undeserved attack on Kate. It reeks of jealousy.

Mantel really is a ghastly old bag.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    BIB ~ Absolutely !!!

What an extraordinary and undeserved attack on Kate. It reeks of jealousy.

Mantel really is a ghastly old bag.

That was my first thought, :( wonder if she will write a book about her now
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pippa is fitter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly old bat. And I am probably one of the only people who finds her books tedious and uninteresting.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice how everyone has said "JELLUS!!!" rather than "No she's wrong, Kate is clearly a totally thrilling human being".
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Kneejerk outrage aside...it's hard to disagree with the quoted comments she made.
  • Options
    AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nasty old woman who just wants to promote her book. I don't know what Kate is like - never met her - but nobody deserves to be maligned like that. She 's a pretty young woman who wants to look nice and be a wife and mum. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I don't know what prompted her to say it, but she has it about right.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Amica wrote: »
    Nasty old woman who just wants to promote her book. I don't know what Kate is like - never met her - but nobody deserves to be maligned like that. She 's a pretty young woman who wants to like nice and be a wife and mum. Nothing wrong with that.
    I'm guessing Ms. Mantel has never met Kate either. :cool:
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    she does have the look of a shop dummy in a way i can`t describe though that`s probably because i havn`t seen anything that displays her personality or humour.
  • Options
    SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ad homs about Mantel's physical appearance aside, she's right. I can't find much to disagree with her about, especially this bit: "... her only point and purpose being to give birth."

Same as every other royal female, then.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    She is right though. Kate is dull, has a fake smile and accent. Reading the comments on the Mail online is quite amusing though, they are no better than Mantel seeing as they are slagging Mantel's looks off and saying she is a jealous old bag. If all people can say about Kate is that she is "breathtakingly beautiful" (is she really or is it because she is now Royal that she has suddenly become so beautiful in the eyes of some) and not about any of the work that she does(oh that's right she has hardly done any) then there is something wrong with large parts of society if they are happy to pay for someone to shop and get her hair done.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman on the left had me thinking of ET in a wig.
  • Options
    SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    The woman on the left had me thinking of ET in a wig.
    Excellent. Now, about what she said ... ?
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Award Winning Author HIlary Mantel says the Duchess Of Cambridge is a "shop-window mannequin" Outrages comments
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kneejerk outrage aside...it's hard to disagree with the quoted comments she made.

Of course. It was a funny and intelligent speech.

It's only being brought up now, because the gutter press will have "the bump" to peddle to the plebs any day now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's Kate she's having a go at, or the institution of the Monarchy and the media, and the attitude that's always been taken to it's Queens/Queens in waiting.
    She's referring to "tags" being placed on Kate, and her plastic smile for her portrait where she probably wanted to tell the artist to "b@@r off".
    I've not read the speech in full so I could be completely wrong, but first impressions for me are that she's been slightly misintepreted.
  • Options
    cheachea Posts: 7,827
    Forum Member
    Has anyone actually read the original article/speech?
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the text of the entire speech:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v35/n04/hilary-mantel/royal-bodies
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's Kate she's having a go at, or the institution of the Monarchy and the media, and the attitude that's always been taken to it's Queens/Queens in waiting.

i agree, her 'attack' is actually on the monarchy, the media, and us, what we expect/want from royal women. and she's right, if kate showed even a scrap of indivduality there would certainly be a huge queue of people/posters ready to be outraged by it.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't really disagree with what she said and it's far closer to an observation than a personal attack. Context is everything and the context here is about the consorts.

Nah, I don't think she's jellis.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Can't really disagree with what she said and it's far closer to an observation than a personal attack. Context is everything and the context here is about the consorts.

Nah, I don't think she's jellis.
    Yes, I think she has good reason to be quite happy with the reputation and work she's got.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Embittered old lady attacks pretty young pregnant princess. I agree with the old lady!
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see where Mantel is coming from. I always thought Kate does have a barbie doll look about her, but nonetheless still beautiful and graceful.