Options

Is him with the tattoos a black albino

Comments

• Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    In Britain there are many regional accents but that s not one.
    Immigrant people may also have a native accent, but that's not one.

What I think he has done is adopt a style is speech which makes him sound like he's foolish but which he thinks sounds cool.

Shame, he might be a nice guy. Time will tell

When/if you visit London, you will hear this accent all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »

I live in London and don't!

He's originally from Enfield. They don't talk like that in Enfield. It makes him sound like an idiot.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay_Day wrote: »

He's originally from Enfield. They don't talk like that in Enfield. It makes him sound like an idiot.

Of course it's fake - he stole it from Ali G.

He's fram Landan so it should be all apples an' pears and trouble an' strife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay_Day wrote: »

He was born in Enfield but didn't live there very long. I have heard the accent lots of times I suppose it depends where you live. Abz is not an idiot I can assure you.
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I lived in the city, South Woodard and Osterley.
    I heard it but that's not what the person I was replying to said and its not how people from Enfield speak in general.

Stop assuming and you'll make less errors
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was born in Enfield but didn't live there very long. I have heard the accent lots of times I suppose it depends where you live. Abz is not an idiot I can assure you.

I didn't say he WAS an idiot, I said it makes him SOUND like one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I lived in the city, South Woodard and Osterley.
    I heard it but that's not what the person I was replying to said and its not how people from Enfield speak in general.

Stop assuming and you'll make less errors

As I know him, I am not assuming anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The FM said it makes him sound like and idiot, which it does. He did not say he is an idiot, we will be able to wait and see.

No point in you attempting to assure people that he isn't. I, and most others, have no reason to accept what you say at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are assuming and you are failing to follow the train of conversation

I don't care who you know. And for the record. I don't believe you.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you really know him?? How come? Don't tell me he's your gardener.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D or laa dee daa

In Enfield the accent is just general south east accent in many cases. There are some with a real strong 'cockneyish accent' and other much softer and some very well spoken people. There is also a very high immigration population so you hear a lot of native accents too.

A right old mixed bag.

Abz way of speaking isn't an accent, it's an assumed habit. I think it goes with his "job".
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe he is part Turkish. Some of these comments about him are ridiculous. I watched that reunion show and thought he came across as quite sweet compared to some of the others and as for the accent, well I find it less irritating than Courtneys shrill voice. At the moment I like him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »

Ok - I have mentioned this on other threads but just for you (because I like you) I will explain once more.

My son in law is Abz half brother. They both have the same (Irish) Mother but different fathers. Abz father is Turkish and he was the result of an affair after she left my son in law's father leaving his Dad to bring up him and his brother on his own. Mighty fine job he did too!
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are talking about Abz, which I find rather hurtful as he is my son in law's half brother.

In that case you should avoid this forum I think!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FM said it makes him sound like and idiot, which it does. He did not say he is an idiot, we will be able to wait and see.

No point in you attempting to assure people that he isn't. I, and most others, have no reason to accept what you say at all.

So you are calling me a liar? Hmm - your prerogative I guess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    In that case you should avoid this forum I think!

I think you are right!
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ali G stole his accent from somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched the Reunion and he did come across as really sweet but his accent is ridiculous. Do his brother and dad talk with that accent? I'd think not. Unfortunately, a lot of people will hear it and think it sounds ridiculous. A lot of people are confused by it. I think that's quite natural.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok - I have mentioned this on other threads but just for you (because I like you) I will explain once more.

My son in law is Abz half brother. They both have the same (Irish) Mother but different fathers. Abz father is Turkish and he was the result of an affair after she left my son in law's father leaving his Dad to bring up him and his brother on his own. Mighty fine job he did too!

Ah thanks. I do like Abz so far, I like his sense of humour and he seems honest and quite humble. However, I have to agree the accent is very Ali G and seems staged.
    What is it like seeing someone you know so well in the house, can we AYA?
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    You are assuming and you are failing to follow the train of conversation

I don't care who you know. And for the record. I don't believe you.
    Enidan wrote: »

Jeanoj is not a BS poster. I believe her. From her posts and the way she conducts herself on this board, I have no reason to doubt her words.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you are calling me a liar? Hmm - your prerogative I guess

I'm saying I don't believe you

I'm not calling you anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    Jeanoj is not a BS poster. I believe her. From her posts and the way she conducts herself on this board, I have no reason to doubt her words.

But I do doubt her words.. She has been assuming incorrectly about other peoples knowledge and experience and quick to judge, showing a lack of ability to read and comprehend and not demonstrating objectivity.

She is now claiming some tenuous link that means she may now off him or have met him, but is unlikely or actually 'know' him.

Either way I don't care, I'm watching him on TV, why would I be interested in a FM I don't know telling me what they think they know about him or even more unlikely, why would I do so because another FM I don't know provides a reference for the first FM?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is that then?

It'z in da get-tow, innit blud?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    Whats that accent all about :eek:

He's half Turkish. His dad is Turkish and his mother is Irish.
  • Options
    KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    I live in south London and although my accent, as well as most other people's accents around my part are your standard London accents there are quite a few people who speak like Abz so for me it's not a strange thing.