Options

Strictly Ratings

scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Last night's Launch Show had overnights of 8.43m and had 33.7% of the TV viewing audience.

It beat the X-Factor!

Those overnight figures are the same as for last year (with a 7.6% drop in audience share). Last year's show was in a different time slot on the Saturday night.

Figures from the Ratings Thread on DS.

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Great news :D It's the better show now :)
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woop and yay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Hodges ‏@Sam_Hodges 54m
    Great opening for #StrictlyComeDancing – averaging 8.4m, peaking at 9.4m. The highest rating show of the night .#SCD
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this nonsense that the show would die if Bruce left.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad to hear this.......great news :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly drew 6.53 in the overnights for the first show of the series - 28.5% audience share.

Thanks to the DS Ratings Thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from Twitter

Sam Hodges ‏@Sam_Hodges 2m
    #StrictlyComeDancing kicks off with a peak of 6.8m (av 6.5m). The highest rating show at 9pm. #SCD @BBCOne
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really relevant but the X Factor got it's worst ratings since series one last night, only 5 million viewers!:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally, the viewing figures and the total TV audience seem to be well done over recent weeks.

The clash clearly affected both shows' audience in the overnights.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scarlotti wrote: »
    Generally, the viewing figures and the total TV audience seem to be well done over recent weeks.

The clash clearly affected both shows' audience in the overnights.

I agree. Strictly has started on a Friday for the past few years, so ITV decide to put X Factor against it presuming it will win and it's blown up in their faces. Last nights X Factor was very poorly received with people claiming it was fixed (never?!) and was uncomfortable viewing. A disaster for ITV and Cowell and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this turns out to be the last series.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Shame for viewers who watch both I guess, also a shame for the celebs who did their first dance last night.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for Cheryl and Simon making the difference :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Hodges ‏@Sam_Hodges 24s
    #StrictlyComeDancing was the highest rating show of the night, averaging 8.1m, peaking at 9.1m. #SCD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More from Twitter re last night's overnights....

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 2m
    Saturday night ratings -
    #StrictlyComeDancing: 8.18m/39.0%
    #TheXFactor: 7.85m/34.6%
    #DoctorWho: 4.89m/21.8%.
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »

I wouldn't expect the viewing figures to be affected just yet, it's the first show of the new series, I would think most people would at least give it a chance.

For myself, I found myself fast forwarding on the iPlayer just as much to get past the usual cruft they put in, and also found myself getting very annoyed by Tess's forced bonhomie, to the point where I fast forwarded her too. It's getting to be quite a short show for me.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »

As daft as the nonsense about people not watching because of Bruce.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Hodges ‏@Sam_Hodges 24s
    #StrictlyComeDancing was the highest rating show of the night, averaging 8.1m, peaking at 9.1m. #SCD

Does anybody know how this compares to last years ratings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was down 930,000 on the equivalent show last year.

(Source - DS Ratings Thread)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audience share was down from 43.4%

(Source - DS Ratings Thread)
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly drew 6.53 in the overnights for the first show of the series - 28.5% audience share.

Thanks to the DS Ratings Thread.

that's the lowest Friday show figs since the show began in 2008

http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/198356-x-factor-2014-ratings-lose-to-strictly-come-dancing-but-both-shows-suffer.html

I also read that XF beat SCD in Sun's launch show ratings when playback was included
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Not bad ratings for this week but it is down a LOT on last year. Perhaps it's because less people watch TV nowadays AND people might have recorded it or watched it on iPlayer or catch up and so the ratings didn't reflect that.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    boab34 wrote: »
    that's the lowest Friday show figs since the show began in 2008

http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/198356-x-factor-2014-ratings-lose-to-strictly-come-dancing-but-both-shows-suffer.html

I also read that XF beat SCD in Sun's launch show ratings when playback was included

Yes but in terms of the actual show when it was live, Strictly got the highest rating! :)

Does it really matter who beats who?
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Strictly has started on a Friday for the past few years, so ITV decide to put X Factor against it presuming it will win and it's blown up in their faces. Last nights X Factor was very poorly received with people claiming it was fixed (never?!) and was uncomfortable viewing. A disaster for ITV and Cowell and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this turns out to be the last series.

And yet the ratings jumped up by 2 million last night.;-)

As for your last sentence, I fear for your sake that the show is a long way from being cancelled.:D
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was down nearly one million viewers on last years equivalent show. I think it is on the decline and missing an anchor. Claudia and Tess were a mistake
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't expect the viewing figures to be affected just yet, it's the first show of the new series, I would think most people would at least give it a chance.

For myself, I found myself fast forwarding on the iPlayer just as much to get past the usual cruft they put in, and also found myself getting very annoyed by Tess's forced bonhomie, to the point where I fast forwarded her too. It's getting to be quite a short show for me.

Imho SCD don't stand a chance of beating the X Factor viewing figures this year... The first show didn't seem credible, the two trainee presenters looked what they are trainee's. Tess was brill as Brucie's sidekick...but not a main presenter of a prime time show... as for the giddy one upstairs, for every one that think she is quirky and smart there will be ten/twenty that will switch off in disbelief...