"Master reset" for BT On-Air 2250 Classic

Hi All,
This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing everything right!
I have a problem with the base unit for the portable phone, in that the red light, "Play" is on permanently. Normally this is green and shows that the phone is in normal mode. 'Red' shows that there is a message on the answerphone.
The unit has locked itself into this mode.
I've done the usual things-change batteries, unplug unit from the mains and then connect up again.
I was told that the unit wasn't necessarily 'knackered', but it needed a master reset. BT helpline would talk me through itso I rang them. Big costly mistake!
Can anyone out there help please.

Comments

• HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Now that's strange. The only time I had to use the BT Helpline for a BT branded DECT phone fault (I used 0870 240 4682), they were very helpful and quick in talking me through the full reset procedure.

In fact, they identified the problem (the base unit had stopped transmitting) within a couple of minutes (so I returned the system under guarantee and got a replacement).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Heinz,
    Thanks for that. Different people's experiences I suppose.
    Do you know, or can you recall, what steps were involved in the reset?
    In the meantime, I've ordered a replacement base unit for the BT 2250 Classic from 'homephonesonline'(£18), but would like to find out how to do the 'Master reset' anyway, because the model may be prone to spurious hang-ups.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this sounds obvious, but does it not tell you in the instructions/user guide?

Edit: according to the user guide I can't find any mention of a 'master reset', just an explanation how to go about resetting your answer machine remote access code back to 0000 if you forget the one you changed it to.

What makes you think there is such a thing as a 'master reset'?
    Forum Member
    Hi Dawson,
    No, there's not a word about any form of reset.
    The User Guide is pretty good as far as it goes,setting up and using the various functions, which I must say are pretty impressive, but it stops short of any Trouble Shooting, hence the need for some helpto carry out this Master reset.
    Forum Member
    Hi All,
    Well it looks like no-go for info on 'Master Reset'.
    But thanks for the comments. The new base unit arrived yesterday and everything's fine.
    If I get to know the details, I'll post them.
    Thanks all