Album thread: Jessie J- Alive

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actually, its been so long since i used this particular media player to preview these tracks, the audio settings were all wrong.:o the quality is good and what i have heard sounds quite promising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is. Sorry about your download. Luckily the HQs will be available sooner than later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen her Rock In Rio performance? It was great. Videos on YouTube.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking this will do a Messy Little Raindrops - sell half as much as it's predecessor but still shift around 500,000 copies in total.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Have you seen her Rock In Rio performance? It was great. Videos on YouTube.

not yet, but i will check it out. still working through the album at the moment.;)
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like this album i dont love it though. that could change. stand out track for me right now is conquer the world! seriously that should be/ should have been a single already! plus i love me some brandy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is. Sorry about your download. Luckily the HQs will be available sooner than later.

actually, do you know why the album isn't coming out in the us at the moment?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    actually, do you know why the album isn't coming out in the us at the moment?:confused:

because the label want to put different songs on it for the us release. im guessing to cater to the US audience. she isnt happy about it in the slightest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »

Lack of hit single to lead it on? Wild only made #104 over there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    I'm thinking this will do a Messy Little Raindrops - sell half as much as it's predecessor but still shift around 500,000 copies in total.

half as much as her first album would be around 1.2ish million
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    half as much as her first album would be around 1.2ish million

I was talking about the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did y'all hear that from was it her twitter that she wasnt very happy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Lack of hit single to lead it on? Wild only made #104 over there.

she never performed wild here once and it was just an itunes release with zero promo. shes not well known here yet. she hasnt toured here yet and hasnt really done that new artist grind in the us yet like most others do. that was mostly down to her leg break, though since she had to cancel the Katy Perry tour and then by the time it healed, she was doing a UK tour then an Australaisa tour, the voice and time for a new album. she missed her shot with the last album and only had two official promoted singles which both went platinum, btw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because the label want to put different songs on it for the us release. im guessing to cater to the US audience. she isnt happy about it in the slightest.

that makes sense. i like the tracks i have heard, but nothing is standing out in a smash hit kind of way. although, this only my first listen and i do like what i have heard so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did y'all hear that from was it her twitter that she wasnt very happy?

no. she did an interview last week or so talking about it. if i find the video again, i'll post it. she was saying how she wished it was the same for every country and that for wild, she had no say in the decision to not have dizzee rascal on the US version of the song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no. she did an interview last week or so talking about it. if i find the video again, i'll post it. she was saying how she wished it was the same for every country and that for wild, she had no say in the decision to not have dizzee rascal on the US version of the song.

I Think i found it! It was on ThatGrapeJuice! :) But I'm guessing the whole touring with Robin Thicke is another reason behind the push back, Because when she is touring in the us she can do promo at the same time i guess so it is win win for the american label. As well as to get her name out there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she never performed wild here once and it was just an itunes release with zero promo. shes not well known here yet. she hasnt toured here yet and hasnt really done that new artist grind in the us yet like most others do. that was mostly down to her leg break, though since she had to cancel the Katy Perry tour and then by the time it healed, she was doing a UK tour then an Australaisa tour, the voice and time for a new album. she missed her shot with the last album and only had two official promoted singles which both went platinum, btw.

Well exactly. They're hardly going to want to release the album of the back of a flop single, it would totally bomb. And although I've only heard the album sampler, I'm not surprised her US label wants her to record different material - I personally can't hear any Price Tags on there, numerous potential smaller hits yes, but no actual smashes.

Excuse My Rude sounds like a perfect radio hit IMO.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where can I find the album guys?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Yeah can someone tell me where I can hear the album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some of the songs have been uploaded to soundcloud, but you can download the whole thing here. http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/41166778/file.html

some of them are very LQ, like Square One, but most of them are good
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I found it on soundcloud thank you :)

I think its a bit hit and miss. Breathe is definately single material, as is Thunder. I Miss Her I think is too personal, if that's possible. Sexy Lady makes me want to dance and Alive is really cute. Daydreaming sounds a little gimicky to me, she should take notes from Ariana Grande on how to create authentic throwback. Conquer The World isn't anything special and I can see why her label didn't want it on the album, Jessies and Brandies voices sound too similar. Harder We Fall is good, really catchy off the back of one listen so I'm sure it'll be lodged in my head after another couple. Gold really surprised me, I hated the snippet but love the full song, its very anthemic.

Overall its good, its a decent album. Somethings missing though. I can't put my finger on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Yeah I found it on soundcloud thank you :)

I think its a bit hit and miss. Breathe is definately single material, as is Thunder. I Miss Her I think is too personal, if that's possible. Sexy Lady makes me want to dance and Alive is really cute. Daydreaming sounds a little gimicky to me, she should take notes from Ariana Grande on how to create authentic throwback. Conquer The World isn't anything special and I can see why her label didn't want it on the album, Jessies and Brandies voices sound too similar. Harder We Fall is good, really catchy off the back of one listen so I'm sure it'll be lodged in my head after another couple. Gold really surprised me, I hated the snippet but love the full song, its very anthemic.

Overall its good, its a decent album. Somethings missing though. I can't put my finger on it.

I thought the same about Conquer The World. At some points, you cant tell which one of them is singing. I do get why Jessie fought for it, though. Brandy is one of her heroes and it was something she really wanted and this album is sort of a reflection of what she likes musically which is also why Daydreaming is on the album. I cant give Ariana any credit as nothing in that song was her idea, but i get what you mean. Jessie has definitely retained her place as my favorite pop chorus writer of the last few years, but she needs a bit of work when it comes to some of her verses. I miss her is really emotional, but certain lyrics make me not like the song as much and i really want to. The word "really" cheapens the song, imo. Rodney Jerkins production on Alive is spot on and the vocals are great. I think she drastically under utilizes her gift of holding long notes. I know she likes to riff and run through everything, but in some of the songs, her longer held notes are perfection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to this on day 2 all the way through and not cherry picking, I really like this as a whole body of work. I still really want to hear Unite all the way through. It's the only one from the deluxe I haven't heard.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's going to flop.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Really good album much better than the first ! :)