This guy who was in the Navy is rubbish

Comments

• steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go as far as saying rubbish but he wasn't as good as the judges were trying to make out
  • ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree, I was expecting the judges to say it was average and then when they said they really liked it I wondered if I was listening to something else
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him. With some singing lessons, coaching and proper backing he could be great. He was real.
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian_James3 wrote: »
    Everyone does an audition for the producers initally. Only the very bad and very good get to then audition for the judges so you're right in some respect.

Some people don't audition for the producers. I've known acts be contacted by TXF and been fast forwarded. Most of them make it to the live shows or are there to be humiliated at some point.

*coughs* Sam Bailey *coughs* Ella Henderson *coughs* Tamera Foster*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    He was Rebecca Ferguson's support act last year. Tells you all you need to know!!
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    For me he is another one in the Matt Cardle, Steve Brookstein mould who the judges will praise during the show, and then when he doesn't do well in the charts Simon will bin him. He does have the look, likeability and decent enough voice to get him voted through to the later stages of the competition though.
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I checked his youtube videos and this guy is far better than that audition. He started off really weird but it got better as Simon said ..

You guys should check him out on YouTube, I'm sure he's gonna impress us at arena audition !!!
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be the only person that absolutely loved him and I'm normally ridiculously critical of auditions. Yeah, they might have overhyped him but they overhype everyone
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't describe somebody RUBBISH myself, definitely he was better than average from what we have seen. And yes he is absolutely the eye-candy for this season which makes him doesn't have to be the best singer in the world to sell millions records.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to mute him, he sounded like a asthmatic sea lion attempting to regurgitate a rotten fish whilst simultaneously getting repeatedly kicked in the bollocks.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Awful and how does having a kid make him special?
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arnold1 wrote: »
    No, you and your daughter are wrong. He isn't crap. Just ok as your OH said. Too many people say crap when they really mean OK but nothing special.

Er, I thought he was crap. I'm not in the habit of saying things I don't mean. He wasn't ok imo.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I don't think he was bad, just not as good as the judges made out. As I watched it, I said to my family that if he was less attractive, he would not have got the air time that he did.

Gorgeous little baby though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    R82n8 wrote: »
    I had to mute him, he sounded like a asthmatic sea lion attempting to regurgitate a rotten fish whilst simultaneously getting repeatedly kicked in the bollocks.

Beautifully articulate and bang on the money.

It's a shame that Simon and X Factor, don't stand by their supposed criteria of putting a show together of contestants that they 'pluck from obscurity', give them a platform etc.. Jay James has a blue tick on twitter, had a recording contract with Decca Records and supported Rebecca Ferguson, hardly a 'find', and he's been regurgitating that Army and knee story for years.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    R82n8 wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    I thought he was bloody dreadful. The cynic in me thinks that he had a pre-audition and they'd already determined that he was going to be going through........then he was godawful in the actual audition and they were stuck with it. I can't think of any other reason why they put him through and all the judges had comments that were completely divorced from reality.

Yeah its sad why they do it this way now instead of being honest and natural. All this head-hunting them on youtube and stuff and pretending they walked in off the streets and treating us like mugs is boring now.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As suggested above, it was obviously pre-determined that this guy was going through.

Presumably he's a better singer - most of the time - than he seemed at his audition. He wasn't terrible but he seemed barely able to control his own voice. I was imagining an absolute car crash once they force him into singing different types of songs on the live shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Awful and how does having a kid make him special?
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    OMG He is rubbish and the judges love him. :D:D

My OH is tone deaf and I think he could sing better than that.

Just that the judges liked him more than you do you have to write him off as piece of shit to make yourself but no one else better. If they did not show the full audition of him but only singing clip, you would not think he's as bad as what you describe now, so it;s your problem.

And, do you have kid?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I didn't enjoy him either couldn't understand the hype.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I concur. Not a fan of his voice at all.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    He was terrible, really really terrible.

When he got to the screeching with his hand on his face bit I said to my sister 'they're going to put him through' and she looked at me like I was crazy.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was mediocre, which pretty much sums up the show.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't bode well for the rest of them, as I thought he was about the best performance of this weekend. :confused:

He doesn't have the vocal ability/control of former winner Joe McElderry or someone like Rhydian, but he presented the song he chose well.

I think he has something. It will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Fed up of Scowell going on about his so-called prodigies 1D/OM as though they were some super talent when we all know he marketed these two acts to death. Absolute rubbish compared to Jay and anyone like him. At least the guy knows how to project a song and isn't singing from a hymn sheet that has been devised by clever marketers.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Having a kid is a new low in the sob story stakes