Zane Lowe or Richard Allinson?

Comments

• Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    TomDaOne wrote: »
    Why has a thread titled "Zane Lowe or Richard Alinson?" turned into all this nonsense.

I know :(

That is not what this thread is about.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Sarah is on holiday right now.

Prior to 2010 Sarah was forever taking sick leave. It's not alleged whatsoever.

and sarah ended up in hospital having major surgery which would indicate that she was actually seriously ill rather than swinging the lead
    Forum Member
    and sarah ended up in hospital having major surgery which would indicate that she was actually seriously ill rather than swinging the lead

Yes, her "unexplained absense" turned out to be tonsilitis, or something.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Yes, her "unexplained absense" turned out to be tonsilitis, or something.

Wouldn't you say that, as a broadcaster, tonsilitis is a pretty serious matter? Does that also mean they are "incompetent" and "should be axed"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    I didn't say Sarah Kennedy should take off dates just to suit me :rolleyes: But while we're on the subject she can take a permanent holiday is she likes. There are plenty of competent broadcasters who could fill her shoes.

once again mm has you playing to his tune.why does anyone reply to his taunts.he has even implied that he enjoys winding you all up.if everyone ignored him then he might go away.a bully needs a audience.just be glad he isnt a relative of yours and you are over 30 and like to listen to pre 1990 music
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't you say that, as a broadcaster, tonsilitis is a pretty serious matter? Does that also mean they are "incompetent" and "should be axed"?

That's not what I said, Mapperley.
    Forum Member
    That's not what I said, Mapperley.

No, but you said "unexplained absence" in relation to her time off, then said it turned out to be tonsilitis "or something" - as if any absence was more like a throwaway subject.
    Forum Member
    No, but you said "unexplained absence" in relation to her time off, then said it turned out to be tonsilitis "or something" - as if any absence was more like a throwaway subject.

It was an unexplained absence. Fact.

We did not know the facts of Sarah's absence until she returned. Therefore, it's now a throwaway subject whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    It was an unexplained absence. Fact.

We did not know the facts of Sarah's absence until she returned. Therefore, it's now a throwaway subject whatsoever.

Yes, in that case Sarah chose to share with the audience what was wrong with her. If she'd had tonsilitis, she'd hardly be in a position to do it before she came back would she? In the meantime, as a listener, you have no automatic right to know why a presenter has been off sick. It is a private matter unless they choose to share it. Fact.
    Forum Member
    Yes, in that case Sarah chose to share with the audience what was wrong with her.

Therefore, it was an unexplained absense. Fact.
    If she'd had tonsilitis, she'd hardly be in a position to do it before she came back would she?

Radio 2 could have explained to Sarah's listeners why she was absent rather than leaving them in the dark.
    In the meantime, as a listener, you have no automatic right to know why a presenter has been off sick.

Yes I do.
    It is a private matter unless they choose to share it. Fact.

No it isn't.
    Forum Member
    Radio 2 could have explained to Sarah's listeners why she was absent rather than leaving them in the dark.

How many times do I have to explain this one?

An employee's absence or illness is a private matter unless that employee chooses to share the information with others. Thereforee, you have no RIGHT to know.

You might THINK you do, which is your OPINION. As is so often the case, that is quite different from THE REAL WORLD.
  • PhilHPhilH Posts: 2,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't.

Whuh? You can't be serious here.

If you have a significant other, try going to their GP and asking them what their last appointment was about. They won't tell you anything. It's called doctor-patient confidentiality.

That being the case, why would you imagine Sarah Kennedy is obliged to disclose her medical details on Radio 2?

A public figure would only be required to discuss this sort of thing in public if it was a matter for public concern. Believe it or not, SK doesn't fall into this category.
    Forum Member
    How many times do I have to explain this one?

An employee's absence or illness is a private matter unless that employee chooses to share the information with others. Thereforee, you have no RIGHT to know.

You might THINK you do, which is your OPINION. As is so often the case, that is quite different from THE REAL WORLD.

You clearly fail to understand don't you?

Sarah's listeners were genuinely concerned about her absence. They had no idea why she was absent. It turned out to be tonsilitis. Why all the secrecy? Or perhaps her absence was really something else?

A bit like the time Sarah came on air about two or three years ago slurring her speech and muddling her words. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just want it to be drink-related, don't you ?

Another reason for you to continue rattling-on about how she's suited to the 50s etc. You do realise that in those days, much of the announcements and programs were not only scripted, but a full dry-run was done beforehand.

I think Scott Nelson is an incompetent forum poster and is way past his sell-by-date. The large gap between some of his posts is totally un-acceptable in this fast-moving internet age. His smugness just gets on my tits and I'd much rather he was gone.

There, that's better.
    Forum Member
    You just want it to be drink-related, don't you ?

Evidence to back this up? Don't try and twist things or put words into my mouth.
    Another reason for you to continue rattling-on about how she's suited to the 50s etc.

Er...because of her style and presentation. It's not that difficult to work it out. :rolleyes:
    You do realise that in those days, much of the announcements and programs were not only scripted, but a full dry-run was done beforehand.

I don't think Sarah has a script or has a full dry-run before she comes on air.
    I think Scott Nelson is an incompetent forum poster and is way past his sell-by-date. The large gap between some of his posts is totally un-acceptable in this fast-moving internet age. His smugness just gets on my tits and I'd much rather he was gone.

Is that the best you can come up with? :rolleyes:
    There, that's better.

Wow. I bet you're feeling on top of the world now, aren't you?
    Forum Member
    Some people just can't get it into their heads that public figures have the right to privacy - not least when it comes to their personal health. They cannot wait for the next time they're off sick so they can gleefully post the latest "reason" why they are "incompetent" and "should be axed". All despite the fact they continue to pull in the ratings and are extremely popular.
    Forum Member
    Evidence to back this up? Don't try and twist things or put words into my mouth.

I think Mark might have been referring to the various R2/SK threads in which speculation was rife about a possible drink problem - something that was never proved. But you were happy to go along with the game because it suited your agenda. I don't think that's particularly putting words into your mouth.

And you missed the point about scripts. Mark was saying that errors were probably less common in the old days because there were rehearsals and scripts.

Part of the joy of live radio today is that you are allowed to err and even slur a bit. It's called being human. The audience warms to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Open wide:
    A bit like the time Sarah came on air about two or three years ago slurring her speech and muddling her words. :rolleyes:
    Gee whizz, what could THAT possibly be inferring? Two references to symptoms of booze and a "rolleye" smiley. Now tell me you really meant lack of sleep or something innocent.
    Me neither, so she wouldn't fit in "1950's presentation" then, would she.
    Forum Member
    PhilH wrote: »

If you have a significant other, try going to their GP and asking them what their last appointment was about. They won't tell you anything. It's called doctor-patient confidentiality.

Well Phil, if Murray DOES have a significant other, you could hardly blame her/him for being under the weather a lot could you?
    Forum Member
    Open wide:

No thanks.
    Gee whizz, what could THAT possibly be inferring? Two references to symptoms of booze and a "rolleye" smiley. Now tell me you really meant lack of sleep or something innocent.

Not really. Try again.
    Me neither, so she wouldn't fit in "1950's presentation" then, would she.

Yes. She would.
    Forum Member
    Some people just can't get it into their heads that public figures have the right to privacy - not least when it comes to their personal health. They cannot wait for the next time they're off sick so they can gleefully post the latest "reason" why they are "incompetent" and "should be axed". All despite the fact they continue to pull in the ratings and are extremely popular.

Sarah Kennedy clearly doesn't care about her "loyal listeners" when she keeps them in the dark about a long absence.

Tonsilitis. It's a common illness. Loads of people have had it, so I don't understand Sarah's secrecy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a nob'ead.
    Forum Member
    Aren't you just.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ogryn wrote: »
    You're probably a little confused there :p

For the masterpieces, the show starts at 7, there is Zane talking, documentaries, other tracks by the band, bands influenced by the album. Then at 8 they play the album in full with no interruptions.

Then the advertising is confused then.
    The adverts/trails/hype for the couple of weeks before ALL said "From 7pm we'll be playing the full, uncut....."
    Now I know you can argue and say "Well 8pm is after 7pm, so they didn't mis-advertise it al all", but why not say "From 7pm we'll be talking about how influential this album is and why we've picked it, then at 8pm we'll play the whole album, right through, uncut...."

Why not say "After 5pm we'll be playing..." because that would be true as well. I heard it as "We'll play the album at 7pm"
    Isn't that what they do with Football?
    "Coverage starts at 7:30pm, kick-off at 8pm"
    That's all they had to say, rather than lead me to brand Zane a complete **** :)
    Forum Member
    Sarah Kennedy clearly doesn't care about her "loyal listeners" when she keeps them in the dark about a long absence.

Tonsilitis. It's a common illness. Loads of people have had it, so I don't understand Sarah's secrecy.

You know that for a fact do you? Did she tell you this? I'm sure she cares far moree about her loyal listeners than someone who has posted no fewer than 12 hurtful comments about her on one forum in the space of 12 hours.
This discussion has been closed.