The Apprentice - Episode 6/14 - Board Games Wednesday 12th November

Comments

• slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Ludo-crous performance by Pamela, who took one Risk too many. She just didn't have a Clue-do, did she? I'll get my coat - here's my weekly review --> Link
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't just have fantasy games though. The guy on the far right side of the table was playing Fluxx, a non-fantasy card game.

Well the sci-fi/fantasy genre was all that was mentioned before they started pitching the dating game unless they edited it out. The point remains about overcomplicated games that cant be replicated in a day.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rolleyes accusing the game of being sexist, but saying Obviously a bag. rolleyes
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    That she told to, and that didn't like the concept, and who she didn't oversee, except to say 'ooh that's great really humorously funnity'?

You just fancy her:D

But she seems so nice... :p Ok, you Rhumbled me!

I'd still rather work with her than Daniel though, what an arrogant creep, who'd want to go into business with him?

That, and the fact I think a lot of it is set up are the main reasons why I just tend to side with who I find to be the most likable.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh,, Claude next week!
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pam gets what looks like a naff carrier bag with her portrait on it. 'eck off!

Dara's show over.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    But she seems so nice... :p Ok, you Rhumbled me!

I'd still rather work with her than Daniel though, what an arrogant creep, who'd want to go into business with him?

That, and the fact I think a lot of it is set up are the main reasons why I just tend to side with who I find to be the most likable.

Hey darling, she came across nicely in the best bits but she was terrible on this ep.

It's the first one I've seen though, which might have something to do with the harshness. ;-)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Nope still clueless. Don't watch Emmerdale or Dancing on Ice. Don't watch any soaps or reality shows - Apprentice is the only exception.

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/222/623x349/222211-hayley-tamaddon.jpg
    Forum Member
    Hey darling, she came across nicely in the best bits but she was terrible on this ep.

It's the first one I've seen though, which might have something to do with the harshness. ;-)

Ah, yeah that does explain it too :p Not saying she's been stellar or anything, but you could at least say... trust her to organise a piss up in a brewery. Some of them, you couldn't even trust them to not piss on the toilet seat.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    I blame the guy who wrote those questions!

He doesn't help. but the questions are always going to be nonsensical unless they a re based on some sort of polling data.

The problem is the concept. Pamela pushed it. But no one, absolutely no one. came up with a better idea. And someone else was responsible for creating the idea.

You end up sacking the PM - because they had no better idea than everyone else did.And she is only PM because Mark evaded being put in the same position.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Ludo-crous performance by Pamela, who took one Risk too many. She just didn't have a Clue-do, did she? I'll get my coat - here's my weekly review --> Link

She probably didn''t get any chances to play games, until she went on the Apprentice. Your post is funnier though:D:D
    Forum Member
    He doesn't help. but the questions are always going to be nonsensical unless they a re based on some sort of polling data.

The problem is the concept. Pamela pushed it. But no one, absolutely no one. came up with a better idea. And someone else was responsible for creating the idea.

You end up sacking the PM - because they had no better idea than everyone else did.And she is only PM because Mark evaded being put in the same position.

To be honest, I didn't think it was a terrible idea until I heard those questions. The concept is workable, if they'd not gone down that specific route.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit behind on the feed but:

- Can't believe no more comments on that relationship game box cover. Ok, the arm looks a bit flashy, but is that grown up man looking to pick up the pouting 12 year old on the chair? Looks a bit dodgy to me

- Hating the Aussie. Hate bullies like that who, if they don't like someone, try to turn others against them. If you don't like someone, fine, but don't try to ruin everything for them.

- That comedian really proving that comedians are 2 a penny these days - even the ones who get on panels/panel shows/morning time opinion shows. Mind, there are a lot of slots on such shows to fill.

- The way the board game lady moves her mouth. Who does that remind me of? Yasmina from a couple of years ago?
    Forum Member
    Bianca is lucky her team didn't lose, as she'd have been gonner for that ridiculous exclusivity deal of 6 boxes.

Moreso because it follows the similar selling error last week. It may be an irrelevant skill for wants she wants to do - as it was iwth Tom - ,but he tends to punish selling mistakes.
  • Matt_HarbinsonMatt_Harbinson Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Daniel definitely should have gone; no question about it in my opinion. He owns a pub quiz company and the questions were crap. Pamela was pretty weak as a manager but Daniel was worse in my opinion; even in terms of sales as he yet again couldn't sell whereas Mark was able to sell it even though the product was rubbish. All the questions were subjective which was bizarre; don't know any question board game that does that.
    The geography game was really good however; I would play that. James deserved little credit for it from what I could see. I think Roisin created the game and then pitched the idea well whereas James didn't seem to even understand it. I think if this was an order task where it was hypothetical; the geography board game could have got many thousands of orders.
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Shes right about the market research on this task - they went to see a bunch of fantasy board game guys, if the team dont know anything about the often complicated mechanics of those games theres no way they can just come up with a new concept for that genre.

They'd have been better off going to see a group of 20/30 somethings with more of an interest in 'party games' than more serious adult board games (though bearing in mind they may not have had the choice given production etc).

Either way, it was a stinker of a product , and I'm surprised they sold as many as they did. I said earlier that it shocks me that two teams couldn't come up with anything better than they did. Think about all the exciting and fun things you can put in a board game. You can be so creative.

Instead we got a game which seemed to boil down to knowing the capitals of countries and some weird stereotyping endeavour which seemed to consist of picking a, b or c and hoping it was right...
    Forum Member
    Daniel definitely should have gone; no question about it in my opinion. He owns a pub quiz company and the questions were crap. Pamela was pretty weak as a manager but Daniel was worse in my opinion; even in terms of sales as he yet again couldn't sell whereas Mark was able to sell it even though the product was rubbish. All the questions were subjective which was bizarre; don't know any question board game that does that.
    The geography game was really good however; I would play that. James deserved little credit for it from what I could see. I think Roisin created the game and then pitched the idea well whereas James didn't seem to even understand it. I think if this was an order task where it was hypothetical; the geography board game could have got many thousands of orders.

Agree completely. Not to mention, the guy is totally unworkable, so full of his own arrogance, he'll never change. Confidence might be a good trait, but blind arrogance certainly isn't. Learning from your mistakes is important if you ask me. And he just has zero charisma or charm, he consistently fails to sell on every task, I'm amazed he's lasted this long.
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I didn't think it was a terrible idea until I heard those questions. The concept is workable, if they'd not gone down that specific route.

But what could the questions be?

And if you have answers, what, other than a poll, can you base the answers on? You have to ask 1000 women what they find most annoying, or charming - whatever the subject If you make up an answer, how can there be a better or worse answer - and who can guess it intelligently?

You could do relationship snakes and ladders - but no one suggested that at all.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Daniel should have come with a pub quiz boardgame. Unless there's already a game called Pub Quiz - The Boardgame?

Daniel's delusional attitude makes him a nightmare to work with and he's consistantly failed to sell, how has he survived this long?
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And if you have answers, what, other than a poll, can you base the answers on? You have to ask 1000 women what they find most annoying, or charming - whatever the subject If you make up an answer, how can there be a better or worse answer - and who can guess it intelligently?

You could do relationship snakes and ladders - but no one suggested that at all.

Plus there's no replayability once you know all the answers. Unless they modified the product to be a sort of Trivial Pursuit of Sexism with expansion packs :D

I'll give the geography game it's due, it would have more replayability... so long as you had a card for lots of countries in the world, including some obscure ones (evil grin) so that it didn't get predictable. See how easily Little Johnny finds it to sketch something from Micronesia :D .
    Forum Member

And if you have answers what, other than a poll, can you base the answers on? You have to ask 1000 women what they find most annoying, or charming - whatever the subject If you make up an answer, how can there be a better or worse answer - and who can guess it intelligently?

Some sort of relationship game could work, just not with the setup they used in my opinion. If they did want to go down the questions route, they could have at least taken the answers from polls, instead of just having the village idiot make them up! Of course that's the whole teams fault, but Daniel made those dreadful questions up!

Who sits down writing questions like that, thinking it's a good idea?! The guy has zero self awareness. I agree that Pamela failed in pulling him up over it, but it can be difficult when you have such strong characters and big egos involved.
    Forum Member

i think thats right in the big picture. It looks like a test of Daniel's skills, in the same way as Lord Sugar saw the youtube as a test of Ella Jade's film making skills. Daniel looks doomed. His Lordship can afford to lose Pamela though- although he deemed it some sort of test of her proposal/skills too.

i agree Roisin looked good. Lauren got the usual lawyer treatment , but if you listened for his reasons for sacking Pamela, he just repeated what l;auren said - which is usually a good sign. Katie kept her head down. Bianca needs a selling success to get rid of that record.

I think Mark is labelled to for not PM the coach trip task most like his proposal , and avoiding being PM.
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see how Toys R Us would buy the relationship game, OK it might sell is quirky boutique but not in a toy store.

One problem with the show tonight was the Geography quiz was so much better it was obvious that would win from less haifway through.
    Forum Member
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    Daniel should have come with a pub quiz boardgame. Unless there's already a game called Pub Quiz - The Boardgame?

Daniel's delusional attitude makes him a nightmare to work with and he's consistantly failed to sell, how has he survived this long?

The obvious one is The Apprentice board game?