Mark is pathetic

Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
Forum Member
Cannot stand him at all, Daniel has him pegged. He sits back like a coward and moans about other peoples management skills but is to much off a coward to be a manager himself. I hope he sticks with his words and asks Sugar to fire him if he keeps Daniel around :)

Comments

• fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Mark!!
  • auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Daniel much either but definitely think Mark is a snake.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark v Daniel is one of the most debated feuds that I can remember. I don't think we're meant to be on one side or the other.
    I think its difficult as Mark's being more aggressive and offensive, but I think he's more intelligent and competent overall.
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I can't stand him. He is much better at selling than Daniel but he has been unnecessarily rude, condescending and manipulative throughout the process.
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Daniel for me when it comes to this feud.
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark thinks h is the bees knees and likes demeaning others... will always blame others
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Cannot stand him at all, Daniel has him pegged. He sits back like a coward and moans about other peoples management skills but is to much off a coward to be a manager himself. I hope he sticks with his words and asks Sugar to fire him if he keeps Daniel around :)

He offered to be project manager last week.
  • ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely on Daniel's side.

He has led his team to victory. Mark has yet to do that, and both Sugar and Daniel have him pegged. Mark must step up now and be PM, seeing as someone got fired for not doing so when Sugar hinted it...will Mark win as PM or will he lose?

(spoiler thread will tell you). ;)
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark is a great candidate but I'm not warming to him, thought it was a touch cheeky and patronising to say he'd like to see how Pamela does as Team Leader or wtte when he hadn't had a go himself.

I also think it's true he goes in for the kill, I much more admired Lauren who just knuckled down despite not agreeing with the concept.

That being said, he's by far the stand out candidate in a good week, if a little grumpy and serious.
  • Ray_BurnRay_Burn Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I dislike Daniel less now, despite his awful quiz questions, having seen how the other candidates automatically seem to scapegoat him for every fault. For now, team Daniel over Mark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. I don't like Daniel either but Mark comes across as someone who is bitchy and unpleasant to hang around with.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clackers wrote: »
    Definitely on Daniel's side.

He has led his team to victory. Mark has yet to do that, and both Sugar and Daniel have him pegged. Mark must step up now and be PM, seeing as someone got fired for not doing so when Sugar hinted it...will Mark win as PM or will he lose?

(spoiler thread will tell you). ;)
    Yes but Sugar also has Daniel pegged as being deluded and having been lucky to win. Neither of them came out of this episode with a lot of credit but Mark did at least manage to sell a terrible product successfully.

Also your reference to the spoiler thread with a smiley and your support for Daniel looks like a spoiler in itself. I wish people would not hint in this way.
  • Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark is extremely competent no doubt but would be very unpleasant to work with. He has clear low self esteem issues in the way he tries to talk about others and bring people down and when challenged accuses others of doing the same. You just know that when Daniel goes he'll find a new victim.

Daniel is thoroughly incompetent, slightly ruthless and I don't rate either. Wouldn't have minded him going instead of Pamela.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I can't stand him. He is much better at selling than Daniel but he has been unnecessarily rude, condescending and manipulative throughout the process.

He is also very patronizing. He is like "the male version" of Pamela. Both are equally patronizing and unpleasant to work with. And I am not a fan of Daniel (who is unfortunately not the smartest one in there).
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mark has been fantastic in the process so far, actually being able to sell that boardgame is a miracle.

Is he a bit sneaky? Yes he is.
    Is he a competent business person? Yes he is.

He has been one of the best candidates this year and there is really no arguing that point. He has always contributed a lot and he has called Daniel out a few times and rightfully so. The guy is deluded.
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel is an eejit but Mark showed his true colours tonight ,sneaky and a coward . Mark came up with the concept for the board game then took no ownership of it . Lord Sugar needs to put him as PM next week,lets see the "eagle" at work ....or is he a "turkey"
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    capekdeh wrote: »
    He is also very patronizing. He is like "the male version" of Pamela. Both are equally patronizing and unpleasant to work with. And I am not a fan of Daniel (who is unfortunately not the smartest one in there).

Spot on. That's why I was glad she went this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark managed to shift a few units of the relationship game, which was literally the worst product in the history of the galaxy. So he's an excellent con artist. That alone must make him favourite to win.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am definitely Team Mark. He did push hard to be project manager for the coach trip task last week so I wouldn't say he's deliberately shyed away from taking on the role BUT he does need to step up and be the PM soon for sure.

If it wasn't for him tonight I don't think their team would have sold anything to be honest. Daniel thinks he's a good salesperson yet in the last couple of tasks he has been terrible. He might not have liked the product but any good sales person will be able to overcome that and sell it anyway. I am just not seeing anything positive about him at all to be honest.

I know Mark can be sneaky, he does moan a lot, especially about Daniel, but when it comes to negotiating, sales and organisation of the sub teams he knows what he is doing. Now he just needs to show that he is just as capable as a PM.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneaky little back-stabber

Always 'nominating' someone to be his fall-guy

Lord Sugar has him sussed though ... When his team wins it's down to him, and when they lose it's nothing to do with him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark is very talented indeed, he was a great salesperson... but he's also sly, and treacherous, and expects everyone to hold him in the highest reverence. He's genuinely very good - what's he compensating for that he needs to intimidate and snipe at his colleagues?

Daniel is not Lord Sugar's new business partner, a thorough dismantling at interview is probably the very best he can hope for, but after Mark spent all last week's task negging him I am utterly delighted to see Daniel talking to Mark the same way Mark talks to everyone else, and absolutely thrilled to see Mark was completely unprepared. Mark looked like he'd been punched in the face, and I hope they stay on the same team for many weeks to come.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray_Burn wrote: »
    I dislike Daniel less now, despite his awful quiz questions, having seen how the other candidates automatically seem to scapegoat him for every fault. For now, team Daniel over Mark.

I feel the same as you.
    At the start of the series I thought Mark was all right and I wasn't keen on Daniel.
    But as the weeks have progressed it's the opposite way around for me now.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Daniel can be a complete arse, but I think he tries his best, and he does put himself forward and try to do the best he can.
    Mark may be more competent, but I've seen enough now to conclude that I don't like him much. Mark the Shark.
    He knows what he's doing. I've now seen him over several weeks try the divide and conquer tactic of praising other teammates to get them onside just before he turns on Daniel.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Yep Mark would be a very good in "Car Sales", ruthless and efficient, and will step over dead bodies to make a sale. He likes to belittle people, and up his own merits while, moaning about others. Definitely playing the "divide and conquer" routine. Loved it when Daniel finally snapped and gave Mark a dose of his own medicine.

Mark last night was doing exactly the same as Daniel did last week, taking credit for things all by himself and not attributing anything to the team.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel is just rubbish - he consistently overpromises and underdelivers in pretty much everything he's done. How many times has he gone in promising big sales and delivered next to nothing or made a hash of his pitch?

Mark is undoubtedly a good salesman who knows how to be assertive rather than aggressive in customer negotiations. Has he been sly? Yes. But he's just playing the game like all the others - it's more that he's the most willing to actually say what he thinks out loud. I don't like him and don't trust him, but he's shown himself to be far more capable than Daniel so far.

As for not PM'ing, well, that's a proven survival tactic particularly in the first half of a series. Stay out of trouble and find other ways to contribute, which is what he's done. He may not be a winner - what's his business idea? - but he's certainly one of the strongest candidates we have this year.
  • Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither of them will win, Daniel because Al wouldn't invest £2.50 in him and Mark because Al wouldn't trust him as far as Nick could throw him.

He'll keep them in a couple more weeks and then get rid.