Options

The backlash against John Noel Management's clients...?

Comments

• Options
    wrigleyswrigleys Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mdman wrote:
    I agree there is a backlash. The paper's reporting Wright and Goody sharing the same agent has harmed his credibility and integrity. The same with the CBB presenters. Max Clifford attacking Jades's PR campaign post eviction, signing Shilpa, then announcing there would definitely be no reconcilation with Jade, is like a declaration of war. I believe some of the higher profile clients of JNM will question whether or not their careers are going to be harmed by this and leave the agency, maybe signing on with MC.

Come off it, Max wouldnt touch some of them with a barge pole! In some respects he is quite a principled man.
  • Options
    capricecaprice Posts: 16,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wrigleys wrote:
    Come off it, Max wouldnt touch some of them with a barge pole! In some respects he is quite a principled man.

Absolutely. :)
  • Options
    SWW (SWW)SWW (SWW) Posts: 23,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wrigleys wrote:

Spot on :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Well Shilpas PR Max Clifford will not allow her to be seen together with Jade, as it will be seen to condone Jades behaviour.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: the list - isnt Mariella Frostrup a family friend or some kind relative of Grace Adams-Short BB7 ?

ahhh someone beat me lol

Mariella knows Davina and had a word in her shell like, hence the ridiculously soft interview Grace got :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariella knows Davina and had a word in her shell like, hence the ridiculously soft interview Grace got :mad:

Agree 100% Remember "Nice Boots" :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for "Reality TV" :rolleyes:

But is it not indeed 'reality TV' after all? The reality being that the goal of the exercise, ie ripping off all of us 'mug punters' through phone polls, texts votes etc is achieved every time? Despite BB apparently (at least according to this forum) becoming the 'JN show'?

Only this time the profits have been dented a little by A) having to donate money from votes to charity to appease the racial complaints and B) having to do likewise to account for the crass incompetence of puttting up the wrong 'save Shilpa' graphic the other night.

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oedipus wrote:
    It's an itty-bitty short step too! ;)

I'm amazed that his clients don't question their association and their obviously compromised objectivity.

In particular - interviewers versus interviewees. Why aren't they concerned about their integrity?

Maybe because in their cosy world, 'only they knew about it' and it was all kept 'in the family'. Or so they thought, until forums like this came along, and then the press cottoned on to it as a story....

With the harsh light of unwanted publicity shining on the roots of such a cosy arrangement, maybe the great Noble cause will begin to founder...

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link cream69 :)

They have been given regular pep talks about how the racism row is 'just a blip' and been sent into battle with the words: 'Let's get her back out there doing what she does best: earning money.'

Despite Channel 4's denials, it is understood that Jade was tipped off about what was going on outside the house before emerging to face the music. And when she came out of the house she was not bundled off to face an immediate live interview, as all other contestants have been.

'Instead she was whisked into a meeting with her advisers, who briefed her on the questions she would face and told her exactly how to behave.

PHOTOGRAPHERS were banned from the studios, which has never happened before, and the press conference was cancelled to shield her from difficult questions,' claims an insider on the show. 'The interview with Davina McCall wasn't even live. It was what's known in the business as an "as live" broadcast - done in advance to make sure Jade didn't say anything which made her look bad.

'Not that she was going to face any tough questions from the Big Brother team. The team are all one happy family, and Jade is part of it.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Price sums it up with:

"Yet for all her flaws, 'Cocaine Kate' remains one of the most photogenic human beings on the planet. As for the talentless Jade, all she has to fall back on is her famous 'gobby' personality. What will the proud Indian nation make of that?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote:
    What absolutely amazes me , we have what was a pretty awful series of CBBB, then we had the alleged racism and the obvious bullying and the entire country apepars to be up in arms at Jade and anyone who could possibly be connected to her.

Its a crying shame that so much effort and anger is not directed in other avenues , such as the way this government is riding roughshod over people to do what they want , and then other important matters round the world, such as wars , starvation, disease .

If only haf the fuss and noise was made as has been over CBBB it would make a big difference and make me sit and listen . As I say , a shame.

Pls don't waste your time here... Save the world'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Cleo was hailed a fore runner in the beginning. Her edit was the most manipulated to be th emost appealing.. now this makes sense! Noel represents her and the Big Brother family. Shilpa started getting a better edit after the furore .. What better way to show Ch 4 is not manipulating BB for ratings or the contestants to make certain HMs more high profile and more profitable to Noel (with a knock on effect for the BB family he reps) to make Shilpa a winner, Were they planning on a Cleo show after BB. I recall Russel saying she had great social skills and Dermot on Big brain showing her as a talented HM instead of talented by association. I felt it was sus then but now I can see clearly how we have been manipulated as an audience have we all just been gullible fools... Does anyone else feel this way??????????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    monet wrote:
    All I got is her name: Jasvir 'Jazz' Barton

Apparently, she's not with her anymore, thank god, she was so small time when I tried to get in touch, not even a fax number!

I read, I think in the Guardian, that shilpa's mother who is her agent/manager in india, has gone to Max Clifford for help. So best to contact him.

(also, found out that in india they don't have an agent system like here. It's more managers, and people just to sort out your diary. Cos they work on more than one film at a time or something)

Though a bit worried that Max might have a relationship with John Noel agency and encourage a big let's forgive Jade and co.!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shazmin wrote:
    Cleo was hailed a fore runner in the beginning. Her edit was the most manipulated to be th emost appealing.. now this makes sense! Noel represents her and the Big Brother family. Shilpa started getting a better edit after the furore .. What better way to show Ch 4 is not manipulating BB for ratings or the contestants to make certain HMs more high profile and more profitable to Noel (with a knock on effect for the BB family he reps) to make Shilpa a winner, Were they planning on a Cleo show after BB. I recall Russel saying she had great social skills and Dermot on Big brain showing her as a talented HM instead of talented by association. I felt it was sus then but now I can see clearly how we have been manipulated as an audience have we all just been gullible fools... Does anyone else feel this way??????????

God they treat us like such fools - they must have complete and utter comtempt for us!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shazmin wrote:

http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds12162.html

"Cleo has admitted that she is hoping for her own sketch show following her stint in the Celebrity Big Brother house...

"I'd love to launch a new comedy show with really wacky characters, like a cross between Little Britain and Catherine Tate. I think the time is right for something new," Cleo told the Daily Star last night."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OB racks wrote:
    But is it not indeed 'reality TV' after all? The reality being that the goal of the exercise, ie ripping off all of us 'mug punters' through phone polls, texts votes etc is achieved every time? Despite BB apparently (at least according to this forum) becoming the 'JN show'?

Only this time the profits have been dented a little by A) having to donate money from votes to charity to appease the racial complaints and B) having to do likewise to account for the crass incompetence of puttting up the wrong 'save Shilpa' graphic the other night.

:D:D

Here here.
    I refuse to be a mug any longer. Not watching anymore tv shows made by endemol. That's my protest!
  • Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Signing AFTER a BB is totally understandable.

Which explains the Pete, Nikki, Chantelle connection and more.
    GOING IN to a CBB or BB house with an agent with an agenda - who could pull any or all of the presenters as a result of Ch 4/ Endomol showing their new client up in a bad light- is inexcusible.

But this is the bit that makes no sense. It's the idea that a manager instructs his clients on what to do that's utter nonsense. If Endemol were to show his clients in a bad light he wouldn't pull Davina out of the show... he wouldn't be able to. Only Davina could make that decision and she's hardly likely to breach her contract because someone with such a tenuous connection as a shared manager is being shown in a bad light.

Of course the one thing that undoes this JNM conspiracy theory is the fact that all his clients were shown in a bad light and all have been evicted at the soonest opportunity while the presenters stayed in their jobs.
    Tom Cruise's old PR lady used to be known as the most powerful person in Hollywood. She was allowed to vet his interviews, and only allowed them if the mags or papers
    then wrote favorably about her other clients.

Yes... and of course this is actually an anecdote about how powerful Tom Cruise is (or at least was) and not about how powerful his PR was. If she'd worked for someone else would she have been able to make those demands? Of course not.
    Likewise John Noel Management can't demand things for Jade or Cleo that they are not powerful enough to get.
    It's a biased, fake, manipulative outcome, and in a "reality" show should absolutley not be allowed.

But the people who decide who goes in the house are Endemol/Channel4 and the housemate... not the housemate's manager. A lot of people turn shows like this down and I suppose John Noel might be more likely to advise his clients to do it than others as he clearly has a good track record at handling the aftermath but that's about all.
    But if a nobody wins BB and then signs with JNM, bully for them. For what its worth, I felt Davina was towing a management line from the first BB. And that's why I never watched again til this time.

For what it's worth, I think you probably toe a line, not tow it (but I might be wrong.) However, if Davina is toeing a line she might well be doing what her employers want. Her employers are Endemol and Ch4, not John Noel Management.
    Ch4 and Endemol have no incentive to protect JNM clients. They have an incentive to get as many viewers as they can and to make as much money as they can. I'm sure if John Noel was the machiavellan schemer people make him out to be, with the power this forum seems to ascribe to him, he'd have edited the show to avoid Jade's bullying of Shilpa and Cleo would have succeeded in the make-Big-Brother-laugh task.
    On a plus note, Dirk's still in, and I'm all fluffy about that!

Well we agree about something. Although I wouldn't say I was fluffy... happy yes, but fluffy? No.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Signing a hm after the show is understandable.

Having your own clients (Davina, Dermot, Russell Brand, Matthew Wright, The Friday Night Project...) spout the party line/play down the behaviour/ridicule those that have a different view, especially when three of those clients present all the BB shows and when so many members of the public are outraged, is at best foolhardy and at worst... well, pick your own adjective!
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone contacted the infamous agency with their comments? Anyone heard anything back?
  • Options
    Laffin AssasinLaffin Assasin Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which explains the Pete, Nikki, Chantelle connection and more.

But this is the bit that makes no sense. It's the idea that a manager instructs his clients on what to do that's utter nonsense. If Endemol were to show his clients in a bad light he wouldn't pull Davina out of the show... he wouldn't be able to. Only Davina could make that decision and she's hardly likely to breach her contract because someone with such a tenuous connection as a shared manager is being shown in a bad light.

Of course the one thing that undoes this JNM conspiracy theory is the fact that all his clients were shown in a bad light and all have been evicted at the soonest opportunity while the presenters stayed in their jobs.

Yes... and of course this is actually an anecdote about how powerful Tom Cruise is (or at least was) and not about how powerful his PR was. If she'd worked for someone else would she have been able to make those demands? Of course not.
    Likewise John Noel Management can't demand things for Jade or Cleo that they are not powerful enough to get.

But the people who decide who goes in the house are Endemol/Channel4 and the housemate... not the housemate's manager. A lot of people turn shows like this down and I suppose John Noel might be more likely to advise his clients to do it than others as he clearly has a good track record at handling the aftermath but that's about all.

For what it's worth, I think you probably toe a line, not tow it (but I might be wrong.) However, if Davina is toeing a line she might well be doing what her employers want. Her employers are Endemol and Ch4, not John Noel Management.
    Ch4 and Endemol have no incentive to protect JNM clients. They have an incentive to get as many viewers as they can and to make as much money as they can. I'm sure if John Noel was the machiavellan schemer people make him out to be, with the power this forum seems to ascribe to him, he'd have edited the show to avoid Jade's bullying of Shilpa and Cleo would have succeeded in the make-Big-Brother-laugh task.

Well we agree about something. Although I wouldn't say I was fluffy... happy yes, but fluffy? No.

"I'm sure if John Noel was the machiavellan schemer people make him out to be, with the power this forum seems to ascribe to him, he'd have edited the show to avoid Jade's bullying of Shilpa and Cleo would have succeeded in the make-Big-Brother-laugh task. ""

Once the cat was out of the bag, so to say, JNM went into, damage limitation mode

Did jade show genuine regret in the house b4 she was tipped off ?

Did Jade get prefferential treatment towards the end ??

Was her supposed contriteness stage managed and fed to sypathetic media ??

Some enlightened forum members have seen what happens with JNM over a protracted period .
  • Options
    mazeymazey Posts: 137,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cream69 wrote:
    Thanks for the link, I never would have expected such insight from the Daily Mail. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    From Russell Brand - evolution of the 'Sex Insect'

Only one agent, John Noel, was prepared to take a chance on him, and when Brand was caught smoking heroin in the lavatories at Noel's Christmas party in 2002, he frogmarched his new client straight into rehab. He was told that if he didn't stop taking drugs now, he would be dead, in a mental asylum or in jail within six months.

It was a very different Brand who walked out of rehab in March 2003. Finally free from the grip of drugs and alcohol, he threw himself into yoga and religion, becoming involved in the Hare Krishna movement.

Soon afterwards, he went for an audition for a new show, a spin-off from Big Brother. He got the job on condition he continued to attend Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, and that he would not sleep with anyone working on the programme. If Brand relapsed or misbehaved, he would be fired.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonshadow wrote:
    From Russell Brand - evolution of the 'Sex Insect'

Only one agent, John Noel, was prepared to take a chance on him, and when Brand was caught smoking heroin in the lavatories at Noel's Christmas party in 2002, he frogmarched his new client straight into rehab. He was told that if he didn't stop taking drugs now, he would be dead, in a mental asylum or in jail within six months.

It was a very different Brand who walked out of rehab in March 2003. Finally free from the grip of drugs and alcohol, he threw himself into yoga and religion, becoming involved in the Hare Krishna movement.

Soon afterwards, he went for an audition for a new show, a spin-off from Big Brother. He got the job on condition he continued to attend Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, and that he would not sleep with anyone working on the programme. If Brand relapsed or misbehaved, he would be fired.

One decent act can't overwrite all the harm Noel has done, such as making BB an incestuous love fest of his clients and keep Jade effing Goody's mug in the media for so long.