Last Movie You Watched? (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    Rosemary's Baby [1968] - Young, naive woman is drugged against her will and then raped by Satan. Directed by Roman Polanski.

True Grit [2010] - Will I be uncool forever if I admit to liking the John Wayne version more?
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tree Of Life 2/10

Pretentious ain't the word, it would have got 0/10 if it wasn't for some well-filmed scenes of natural beauty
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Sucker Punch - 8/10

Awful start, but bloody fun when it gets going.
    I enjoyed this one too. The film had a 1950s feel to it, but the contemporary music and special effects had me darting backwards and forwards in time
  • Peachy KeenPeachy Keen Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time After Time (1979) - 7/10

Good sci-fi hokum with Malcolm McDowell as H G Wells going after Jack The Ripper (David Warner) in modern day San Francisco with the use of his time machine!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    The Faculty 9/10
  • NickClapperNickClapper Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Tinker Tailor Solder Spy- Wonderful

I actually saw The Change-Up after that but had to leave half way because I was feeling sick. If anyone's seen it then I'd love to know whether the second half is worth watching and whether they might fancy reviewing it for my site...?
  • Free RadicalFree Radical Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Rabbit Hole. Nicole Kidman was amazing :)

Great film. Well written, brilliantly acted.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kid With A Bike (Le gamin au velo) (2011) 9/10
    Donkey (Kenjac) (2009) 6/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Four Lions - 8/10

"The reports make it clear that the police shot the right man......., but the wrong man exploded"

"Is a Wookie a bear, control?"
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    The last three I watched:
    Source Code - 8/10
    Skyline - 3/10
    Splice - 7/10
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burke & Hare (2010) - 7.5/10 - surprisingly good.

The Social Network - 7.5/10 - another surprisingly good film, considering I've never given a flying flip about social network sites. Spoilt a little by Jesse Whatsisface's fast talking, which really took some effort to understand at times.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Dogtooth - 5/10 intentionally bizarre Greek film about the perils of depriving children from proper social interaction. Filmed with a cool detachment, and acted with restraint bordering on sleepwalking, containing parentally-ordered incest, graphic sex, and random bloody violence it's an odd filmic experience to say the least. The main message seems to be bonkers parents are highly likely to raise bonkers children. Though I'm sure it's possible to read pretty much what you want into it. Oddly, even though I didn't care for it much, I'm somehow glad I've seen it.

Regards

Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terminator Salvation - 7/10 - enjoyable enough action film, not as good as the first two films though

Favourite scene(s) -
    CGI Ahnuld!! :D some quality action sequences, although the harvester terminator looked a little too star war prequel-y (i think it was designed by ILM)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the Buses [1971]. Director: Harry Booth

5/10

I enjoyed seeing the old buses more than hearing the old jokes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Coraline

I wanted to see it when it came out but I couldn't convince anyone to come to the cinema. Found it in Tesco for £2 a couple of weeks ago! Fabulous film, well worth the wait. Delicious visuals.

7.5/10
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    On the Buses [1971]. Director: Harry Booth

5/10

I enjoyed seeing the old buses more than hearing the old jokes.

What i love about these old Buses films is that there is no traffic on the roads ,you can park anywhere hardly any parking charges and no speed cameras !..oh heaven .. take me back now ! :)
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the Earths Core 1976 ! 6/10 silly but entertaining sci-fi yarn...the special effects are laughable !...the best bit was seeing Caroline Munro in her sackcloth clothes ! ... :D
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    A Room In Rome - 8/10 Spanish arthouse movie, set in Rome, starring a Russian and a Spaniard, speaking mostly in English. What starts as an erotic adventure slowly turns into a touching love story over the course of one night. An engineer picks up a tennis player for a one night stand only to end up desperately in love, but the tennis player's going back to Moscow in the morning to get married to someone else. Will they go their separate ways come the dawn?

Oh, I should mention they're both smoking hot women and spend most of the film completely naked. I was there for the art, of course.

Regards

Mark
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Pirates 4 - 2/10

Dull
    Lifeless
    Pointless
    Shit

What the bloody hell did they spend $250m on?!?!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Meet The Spartans - 2/10

It has its moments.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Social Network 9/10, was really good, didn't really know what to expect, but I really like how it was showing the story of Facebook and the Lawsuits together as they lead to the final conclusion.
    Probably not 100% fact, but worked out really well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lincoln Lawyer 8/10

After Life- 5/10

The Firm- 6/10
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    East Is East - I don't watch this film often, but I always enjoy it when I do.

I'm going to curl up in bed and watch Step Up 2 - The Streets now.

Goodnight everyone.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easy Living (1937) 9/10
    Trial Of Joan Of Arc (Procès de Jeanne d'Arc) (1962) 8.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attack the Block - 9/10.

The Entity - 8/10.
This discussion has been closed.