Problem with TV and DVD player

I don't know if anyone can help but I bought a DVD player few months ago and everything was fine until today when I tried to play a DVD. The screen on the DVD player (Panasonic) shows all the messages and indicates that the film is being played but the TV screen just remains black (no sound either). However, when I switch the Sky box on the TV works fine. It is all connected up with scart plugs and all has been OK up to now but I can't think what can be wrong.

Glad of any advice.

Comments

• nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Try unplugging and reconnecting the plugs at each end of the cable that links the DVD player and the TV (scart plugs can slip out of their sockets occasionally).
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Check that the TV is switched to the source the DVD is connected to. There will be a button on the TV remote called Source or Input or AV or some such to let you switch through the various inputs.

You can sidestep this as a source of confusion by daisy-chaining the SCART connections from the DVD player through the Sky box to the TV. This also has the benefit of allowing you to view both devices through the one SCART input on the TV which supports best quality RGB video format.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Thank you both very much for your help. I have changed the scart leads and it seems to have done the trick! I am also going to have a go at the daisy-chaining thing as it looks like a cunning plan.

Thanks again