Sinead o Connor.. Self serving fame hungry parasite?

Comments

• GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    :D I've been played:mad:

well luckily enough, I haven't been because I started my tirade because Miley insulted people with mental health problems, sineads motives are pretty secondary to me.

She's always been one who likes a high-profile ding-dong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well luckily enough, I haven't been because I started my tirade because Miley insulted people with mental health problems, sineads motives are pretty secondary to me.

Same here.

I would have ignored it, as I think celeb spats are stupid and boring, but when Miley decided to help fuel the mental illness stigma, my gloves came off and I put my handbag down. :p
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she's even trying to be sexy right now - these latest pics of her giving herself a frontal wedgie - oh dear - does anyone find that attractive?

it's certainly eye catching :D
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Personally I say well done to Sinead O'Connor, if she hadn't done it in an open letter, I doubt very much Miley Cyrus would have taken a blind bit of notice, now hopefully she'll be forced to.
    I would consider myself to be quite broad minded but the way MC has been behaving of late is appalling IMO.
    Sinead has been in the business for years & therefore is more than qualified to give MC some much needed advice.
    The comment that Sinead has been married X amount of times, I really don't see the relevance:confused:
    As for claiming she is a media ****, I can't think of anyone less likely to be given that title.

Couldn't agree more.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought both Sinead's letters were honest and on point. She has basically been through what Miley is now going through.

Miley's response was just disgusting. Defo her career low point but I doubt it will effect her. At least not for the time being.
    I agree with Sinead and thought she hit the nail on the head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldeyfish wrote: »
    Why is a woman who's fame has clearly faded writing long winded open letters.. To a new controversial much younger star? Fair enough myley is becoming a bit of car crash.. But really is sinead o Connor really in a position to give someone advice... With her recent 4th or 5th marriage lasting less then a month and admissions she ruined it by going off looking for drugs..
    Referring to a young girl as porstituiting herself..
    Who's the bigger media ****??
    Trying to stay relevant I think..
    Pot kettle black sinead...Shut up!!

Maybe you should shut up. Clearly the majority is in favor of the "fame hungry parasite"
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sinead O'Connor's music as she still is an excellent singer but this article sounds almost the same as this OP:

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/she-can-dish-it-out-but-cant-take-it-29637740.html

My thought: Wow, Niamh Horan still seems hellbent on being so aggrieved towards Sinead...all because Sinead exposed Niamh's affair with a married man who worked as Entertainment Editor for the Irish Daily Mirror some time back.

Why did Sinead do this to Niamh? Because Niamh had a flaming cheek to call Sinead's husband's boss to query about Sinead's drug-taking. You see Sinead's husband at the time worked as a drugs consuellor. Niamh's sneaky actions had Sinead going mad hence all this ongoing quarrel.

Niamh is so well-known for being a 'journalist' of a low calibre. Awful woman.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Maybe you should shut up. Clearly the majority is in favor of the "fame hungry parasite"

Yes, we should certainly all shut up when faced with a majority against us. A majority can never be wrong :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we should certainly all shut up when faced with a majority against us. A majority can never be wrong :rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes too much, they might fall out. :sleep:
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinead had one hit - a cover - years and years ago. I have no idea why she feels it ok to judge others, given the fact she is a bit of a nut job herself. Mileys response wasnt great, but target an immature kid and dont be surprised when you get an immature kid response.
    Forum Member
    sinead had one hit - a cover - years and years ago. I have no idea why she feels it ok to judge others, given the fact she is a bit of a nut job herself. Mileys response wasnt great, but target an immature kid and dont be surprised when you get an immature kid response.

Wow. What a highly intelligent and well thought out comment from you; not judgmental in the slightest either.

As for being a kid... rubbish, she's a grown woman. If someone had called me a ''kid'' at twenty, I'd have laughed at them.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That remark is precisely the kind of thing that stigmatises people with mental health problems.

Hopefully you'll never suffer from the same kind of illness that Sinead has had. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    She did manage to sour her feminist credentials with some people the other day when she said that women shouldn't dress in a certain way because men will attack them and the whole "behaving like a prostitute" annoyed some even more.

Watching how feminists tackle this is quite interesting.
  • GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh right yes will do..
    I was wrong Sinead is a lovely woman with a strong moral compass.. And clearly in a strong position to give advice to myley on behaving in an appropriate way.. And being a feminist
    http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/12/m-sinead-oconnor-wedding-night-weed-run-doomed-my-marriage.html

http://www.thegloss.com/2011/08/30/sex-and-dating/sinead-oconnor-takes-to-internet-to-find-satisfaction-anal-sex-364/
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    The letter was sanctimonious drivel, not only that she could have done it privately if she was actually concerned, rather than looking for her latest bout of attention.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't roll your eyes too much, they might fall out. :sleep:

And I thought Miley was immature.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do either of them actually matter?
    Not really.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did manage to sour her feminist credentials with some people the other day when she said that women shouldn't dress in a certain way because men will attack them and the whole "behaving like a prostitute" annoyed some even more.

Watching how feminists tackle this is quite interesting.

Nobody said she's perfect - clearly a troubled woman - and I think in some cases dress code is a bit of a take care - it depends what in a certain way means - no one is saying women should wear burkas but the less you are wearing the more likely you are to be harassed and you need to think about that.

In a sense Cyrus is behaving like a prositute because the bottom line is that she behaving this way in order to increase her revenue.

However even if you chronically disagree with everything else O'Connor says I think she's right about the route Cyrus is on not being a good one and there being concerns it will go nowhere good in the end.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if O'Connor was genuinely concerned about the 'route' that Cyrus was on then she should have contacted privately. Writing 'open letters' for everyone to see was only ever going to make Cyrus feel like she was under attack.

I see they're still continuing with the public spat. Good publicity for both I guess
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's written another letter http://www.spin1038.com/page/1.32.68/8913/1/Sinead_O'Connor_writes_another_open_letter_to_Miley
    Will she just leave Miley whats wrong with her seriously thinking she is just liking the attention again. She hasn't been around for ages and now suddenly she's in the limelight.
    I don't get why she won't let this go.
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »
    She's written another letter http://www.spin1038.com/page/1.32.68/8913/1/Sinead_O'Connor_writes_another_open_letter_to_Miley
    Will she just leave Miley whats wrong with her seriously thinking she is just liking the attention again. She hasn't been around for ages and now suddenly she's in the limelight.
    I don't get why she won't let this go.

Well... if you read the entire letter properly, she answers that question herself in a very articulate fashion.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Well... if you read the entire letter properly, she answers that question herself in a very articulate fashion.

I hadn't read it at that point but still Miley clearly isn't interested she should just leave it she seems to be going over the top with everything she is saying. The way Miley responded with the mental health was bad. But still Sinead is going way too far with whats she is saying.
  • GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you read the links I posted 6 comments above your last comment?

Given this new letter.. I don't see how anyone can deny that the answer to the question asked in the title of this thread.. Is a definite Yes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I see where she's coming from, and I think Miley would be wise to actually make the full apology Sinead is asking for. This would end the situation, and Miley could also explain how she felt when Sinead sent the first open letter (which might be an eye-opener for Sinead).

Honestly, I get the feeling Miley has actually calmed down a bit from her initial response and she does seem to genuinely respect Sinead. I think an apology could only get her respect.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see where she's coming from, and I think Miley would be wise to actually make the full apology Sinead is asking for. This would end the situation, and Miley could also explain how she felt when Sinead sent the first open letter (which might be an eye-opener for Sinead).

Honestly, I get the feeling Miley has actually calmed down a bit from her initial response and she does seem to genuinely respect Sinead. I think an apology could only get her respect.

That would be good but ideally, they should now take it to email and sort it out there, and then maybe a short statement from both to put it to bed.

I think Sinead is absolutely right to persist with the message that it's not ok in any way, shape or form to undermine those with mental health issues but backing Cyrus into a corner - which I think all this public spotlight is doing - is not the way to a positive or productive outcome. And yes, SInead could also acknowledge that her initial letter, while harsh fact-based and filled with sad truths about the industry, was nevertheless not the best starting premise for a reasoned discussion with a 20yr old.